I stayed here with my mother for a week from 29 July 2014 to 5 August 2014. During our short visit we encountered many problems with our room. We are not proficient in French and should have been more attentive in French lessons at School; the language barrier was definitely an issue when trying to explain the issues:
- Double room - we asked for a twin (me and Mum did not want to share double bed!). To be fair they changed this immediately, which was great. However, room 917 that we got moved to was dreadful.
- Power cut - we stayed in room 917. After returning from a lovely day in the city we got back to the room quite tired; there was no power. We went to Reception, which was quite walk. They changed our card, still no power. We returned to reception, still no power told "wait in your room". After around an hour a "technician" turned up and repaired the issue. With the lights on, we then realised the toilet was leaking.......
- Leaky toilet - the room stank of urine because the toilet was leaking. The toilet was "repaired" yet continued to leak for the whole week. You may think, why didn't we notify reception et al; the thing is we did. However, this was difficult to explain in English (the staff do not speak enough English to resolve complaints/ issues). We notified reception and the "technician" on at least 6 occasions; in the end we gave up and used the stop tap to turn the supply of water off. This is not hygienic and our room was not cleaned.
- Cleanliness of room - during our 7 day stay, our room was cleaned once. When it was cleaned we had to ask for additional towels because the house keeper only left one for us to both use. We had to ask reception to send us towels because they were not changed. The bedding was not changed for our entire visit. The balcony/ terrace was not cleaned. However, having spoken with other guests, they were pleased with the cleanliness of their room, so this may be an isolated incident.
- Air Condition - this does not work properly; was dripping water and blowing out hot air. Again, when we demonstrated this to the "technician" they said to close the window in the room. However, with the window closed and no air con, we could not sleep. In fact, we resorted to dampening our sheets and sleeping with them over us to just to remain cool.
- Reception Staff - when one of the technicians arrived he passed me his phone to speak to reception. When explaining the issues they hung up on me; to confirm, I was being rational and not shouting (which may have warranted such behaviour). The overall service from the team on the reception desk is absolutely shocking, I have stayed in many hotels and never have I experienced such poor service. The language barrier poses difficulty and proves impossible to get any issues resolved.
- Phone lines - do not work in the rooms which means a long walk to the reception. This may seem quite trivial but having to walk back and forth to reception got irritating. When you speak to the reception they say "you go wait in your room". Call me cynical; I think they disconnect the lines so that they don't have to resolve so many complaints.
- Entertainment - one evening they have a Moroccan theme; to my mind snake charmer does not involve holding a viper by its tail and swirling it in the air. For real snake charmers go into the town and visit the square. Every night a man on an electronic keyboard churns out the same old songs, however, to be fair he does a pleasant voice, but the same act every night gets a bit much! In the day you can participate in aqua aerobics, this really wasn't for us, but each to their own!
- WiFi - This works well in the pool and reception area, however due to usage it can be quite slow at times.
To warrant the one star rating, and make the review balanced here are some positive points:
- Pool area - the swimming pools are huge and well maintained
- Grounds - they grounds are very well maintained, if only the paid as much attention to the rooms as they do the grounds
In conclusion, if you decide to go here hope that you don't experience any issues because explaining them will be a total nightmare. I would recommend looking at alternatives (of which there are many), unless you don't mind enduring poor service, being treated like a second class citizen! We would NEVER return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Sea Hotels & Resorts are delighted to invite you to the Marrakech Ryads Parc and Spa, a traditionally-designed resort offering a peaceful, family-friendly base from which to explore the cultural wonders, unbeatable shopping and intriguing sights of Marrakech. The Marrakech Ryads Parc and Spa is home to 260 light and spacious rooms, distributed across 13 riads in keeping with traditional Moroccan architecture. Each air-conditioned room includes satellite TV and a mini bar, plus a private balcony or terrace from which views of either the swimming pool, lush gardens or dramatic Atlas Mountains can be enjoyed. With its huge outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and terraces, guests at Hotel Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa can soak up the year-round sunshine before cooling down with a refreshing dip. For a respite from the Morocco sun, head to the hotel's additional indoor swimming pool or unwind with a cocktail at the poolside bar. For the ultimate in relaxation, the hotel's renowned EDEN Spa is on hand to provide a wide range of treatments. This sensation wellness centre offers multi-sensory spas and a spectacular range of treatments and facilities that focus on the five elements of the Earth. For energetic guests, the Ryad Parc and Spa Marrakech boasts several sports courts including tennis, basketball and football, plus an on-site gym. With a varied entertainment programme on offer during the day, followed by organised shows every evening and an on-site nightclub, guests can rest assured that both relaxation and activities are catered for at the Marrakech Ryads Parc and Spa. The two restaurants offer a delicious range of modern and traditional dishes, served buffet style or a la carte once a week. Or perhaps jump on the hotel's free organised bus service into the centre of Marrakech to indulge in the wide range of Moroccan delicacies and sample the local cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marrakech Ryads Parc Hotel Marrakech