“Book it now!! You won't regret it!”
Review of Riad Misria

Riad Misria
Ranked #155 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
UK
“Book it now!! You won't regret it!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Just back from my 3rd trip to Michel and his wonderful Riad. It never disappoints, everything is just as it should be for a relaxing, interesting break where you are looked after by a great team of staff who go out of their way to make it special every time. If like me you leave home feeling a little frazzled by life, the minute you walk through the doors of Riad Misria your cares will disappear! Food is great and my gluten free diet was catered for with no problems. I will be back and I promise I will learn some French next time Michel :-)

1 Thank MissQuinn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Turku, Finland
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I booked this Riad thanks to very good reviews of Tripadvisor. And as now, Tripadvisor never lies. The riad is as beautiful, calm and cosy as in reviews was told. I agree all positive comments of the riad. We ate dinner twice at the riad and I can warmly recommend eating there. The traditional food is delicious and the best we ate in Marrakech. Especially tagine is very good. We ate tagine with lamb and plums and I must to say that it was heavenly good! The meals are reasonable priced as well as the drinks. The two or three course dinner menu costs 12 - 15 euros. The bottle of wine costs only 10 eur and a local beer 3 eur. A lovely and gentle young guy, Omar, takes care of you and does him best that you really enjoy your stay.

Tip: It is very hard to find alcohol beverages in the medina. We found a couple: Café Arab along the main alley towards the square and hotel Grand Tazi near Jamaa el Fna.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mika7275
brighton
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I would like to tell you about the wonderful long weekend we spent at the Riad Misria. The manageress had arranged a taxi pick up from the airport which took us into the medina where we were met by the delightful Omar, who then walked us to the riad. You are immediately thrown into the madness of the medina!The hustle and bustle, motor bikes tearing up and down, street sellers selling just about everything! On arriving down a tiny street and behind an old door you enter into the tranquility of the Riad - its beautifull, very traditional and completely calm. The bedrooms are lovely and furnished with traditional morrocan colours and styles. The riad is on 3 floors with an open coutyard on the ground floor with a large plunge pool and a terrace on the top floor with sun loungers and wonderful views across the rooftops.
We ate at the Riad and I would reccomend that you should too. The food prepared by Soumia ( a selection of morrocan starters and her chicken, lemon and potato tagine) was excellent, infact better than the food we had in a local restaurant on our second night,so we chose to eat at the riad again on our last, as it was so good!
We enjoyed exploring the souks and Erika the manageress (who speaks very good english) was on hand to give directions and advice on how and where to go - better than any guide book.
Every morning breakfast was served on the roof terrace and nothing was too much trouble. On returning to the riad mid afternoons, the rooms had be made up by Khadija and there were little touches like rose petals on the bed and in the bathrooms. Another plus is the use of the hammam and the opportunity for a massage. We didn't try the hammam but did use the pool and the massage - both of which were great.
Staying in the riad made our trip as we were right in the heart of marrakesh. One of our group had stayed at one of the large hotels on her previous visit and felt she had definately missed out on the spirit of the place.
We returned refreshed, rested and just wanting to return!!

1 Thank bobbieblue
buckinghamshire
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have just returned from my second stay at this amazing riad which was recommended to me and my friends when the riad we had stayed in before was full. For this trip I was with two friends but have previously celebrated a friends 40th at Riad Misria in a group of 5 girls.
Michel , the owner , arranged our transfers from the airport and once the taxi was as close to the riad as it could get , we were met by Oman, one of the staff members. It was then a short walk to the riad , following Oman who negotiated his way ( carrying our luggage ) through the narrow streets. The riad is within the old city wall and very close to the souks. It is a stones throw from the Museum of Marrakesh which is a good marker if you get a little lost !
The first thing that hit me was how peaceful it was in comparison to the craziness of the world outside it's walls. It was cool and calming and I felt a million miles away from Luton airport ! The photographs on the website are true to life but it is even more stunning when you are there. My room had good air-conditioning, a small safe and free WiFi was available throughout the riad.
The food is delicious and traditional. We had one evening meal at the riad on the day of our arrival. One of my friends does not eat wheat and the other is vegetarian. Both were catered for without any problems. We just let Michel know when booking. We bought some wine in duty free to drink at the riad but their wine was very reasonably priced and delicious so we probably won't do that next time. ( When we stayed for our friend's 40th Michel arranged for a special evening meal which was amazing ) We had breakfast on the roof terrace in the shaded area which has three small tables and a cushioned bench seat. There are panoramic views of Marrakesh and on a clear day you can see the Atlas mountains on the horizon. The roof terrace also has 4 sunbeds and a couple of reclining chairs. There is a mosque very close and the early morning call to prayer ( about 5am ... ) is very loud. I didn't mind it at all ( and of course you hear it several times a day ) but if you can't get back to sleep very easily I would suggest you take ear plugs !!
The riad is immaculately clean , the staff are very friendly , incredibly helpful and unobtrusive. Brushing up on your basic French will help you along a bit but both Michel and Erica speak fluent English.
In a word or two , stay here. I would be surprised if you are disappointed. We are already planning our next trip.

Room Tip: The rooms have stunning open plan bathrooms but some also have an open plan toilet , although discre...
2 Thank kazza67
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Two years after my last stay I spent a week again at Riad Misria with my wife and 5 year old daughter.
Marrakech is back to normality after the recent event. You feel safe there and the city is back to its normal buzzing activity.
The staff of the Riad had changed but the place remained the heavenly oasis I recalled. The new home crew was composed of Soumia (the greatest gourmet cook in NW Africa, I still can’t forget her lamb tajin with dried apricots), Khadija (the most helpful and friendly housekeeper), and Alima (she prepared the best harera I ever tasted, and I have tasted many). The Riad’s elegant French owner Michel was also there ensuring a smooth efficient functioning of the house. The place was beautiful and everything was taylor-made to the client’s minor wishes. My daughter enjoyed the pool immensely and my wife enjoyed some days of relax (and some minor shopping incursions into the medina market). I attended a scientific meeting every day and coming back to Riad Misria on the afternoon was a real treat. We also visited la Maison de la Photographie which is a delightful museum located really close to Riad Misria, where you can have a great tea in the panoramic terrasse.
This time we used extensively the taxi service provided by Riad Misria and I cannot be more thankful to Hossein, the owner of the cars (and safe and skilled driver). He really made easy all the transfers for us and at a price barely above that of taxies. He made our stay really comfortable and drove us to Essaouira (great place) for a special weekend. It was the best week in the best place in Marrakech.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rafalytes
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2011

The Riad Misria is a wonderful 'home away from home' located in the Medina of Marrakech, an easy walk to the most interesting places. The rooms are extremely comfortable, elegantly designed and beautifully furnished. Each rooms is different, but all have a bathroom and shower. The open central courtyard has trees, comfortable seating, birds singing and a swimming pool. The roof has a spectacular view of the old city. A great breakfast is included with the room, and lunch and dinner are also available. Take the opportunity to have dinner there. I highly recommend the meals, for the food is creative, superbly prepared and well served. The staff is great and the owner goes out of his way to insure your comfort; he soon becomes a valued friend. Prices for the room and meals are a bargain.

The trip was business for me and a vacation for my wife. Staying at the riad was perfect for both of us

After a day winding through the back streets of the Medina, it is a joy to enter the calm, comfortable, quiet elegance of Riad Misria. Riad Misria has my highest and most enthusiastic recommendation.

I cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
KY
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Small oasis in the heart of the old city, with atmosphere and design of Moroccan culture. Owner friendly, gracious, interesting, helpful about culture, sights, and directions; employees become friends. Rooms are unique and so comfortable, pool in inner courtyard, roof with view over entire old city. Walk out the door, and be immersed in centuries-old way of life. Evening gourmet meals surpass anything we ate elsewhere. Hint: to avoid surprises, be sure to ask owner about charges for drinks and extras before you consume.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple