“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #879 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Savage
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We spent there 6 nights and had a great stay. From the airport where Ali, our driver, met us, to the staff of the Riad, everything was well done, organized by staff and owners. We had a nice and large room on the terrace and took every morning breakfast on the sunny terrace. They gave also a lot of advices for trips, restaurants, palaces to visit, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Beautiful riad with friendly hosts who looked after us very well. Ishnar(?) escorted us from the taxi through the souk and drew us a map with reference points so that we'd always find our way back! He gave us shopping tips on how to barter too!
Stepping into Marrakech is like walking into Arabian Nights or possibly Indiana Jones territory; to enjoy to the utmost just let it happen! The people are friendly, kind and love to joke.
The main square Djeema El Fna is an incredible experience hard to describe and we loved it but thought the food was better in the spice square just round the corner from the riad. Here the pace was slower but there were still exotic sights to see.
Two of our four nights, we ate in the riad and the food was excellent and beautifully presented and served.
Ishnar(?) arranged the pick up for our balloon trip, a grab experience and our trip to the Oukida Valley a wonderful day out. All arrangements worked perfectly and I'd love to return to Riad des Epices and explore a bit more with greater knowledge of the country and having brushed up my French.
I chose Riad des Epices having seen it featured on Vacation, Vacation with Phil and Kirsty and I was not disappointed.

Room Tip: We had 3 double rooms and they were all individual and had their own unique features.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Lovely raid in the heart of the souks. Hicham and Assia were very attentive hosts throughout our 4 night stay, and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was good quality, rooms clean and very homely atmosphere. Plenty of hot water on tap and an oasis of calm within the hustle and bustle of the souks. Highly recommended for both the budget traveller and those of us of more advancing years who like our home comforts.

• Stayed September 2011
Leics
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

A friendly clean riad in the heart of the medina. Our host was very good - he followed us by bike to check we didn't get lost on our way to the square and orderd taxis and ushered us into them - he couldn't have been kinder. Genuine hospitality and good food. The rooms were intimate - not much sound insulation but that is a typical riad. Nice roof terrace to watch the world go by below.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

DO NOT BOOK WITH THE RIAD DES EPICES
I selected this riad partly because ‘airport shuttle’ was advertised as one of the services the riad offered. However when I informed the riad that I would like to use this service, Anthony, the manager of the riad, replied that the price from the airport would be 20 € and 10 € to return back anytime. I responded that I thought the service was provided free to guests of the riad and that I would use No. 19 airport bus instead (this cost 20 dirhams single and 30 dirhams for a return ticket which is currently equivalent to less than 2€ single/3 € return)
Anthony replied that was no problem with him and that I should take the bus to the main square and then ask for directions to the Riad. I told him that I would hate to get lost in a foreign country on my own, I had previously read about the risk of terrorism, kidnapping, crime and harassment etc. for tourists. Unbelievable instead of reassuring me Anthony rudely replied that after reading my concerns he thought it best that I should cancel my booking if I believe in all I've read and went on to tell me “Don't come to Marrakech to risk kidnapping, crime or harassment of tourists”
I immediately reported Anthony’s rudeness and unwelcoming attitude to Laterooms whom I had booked the riad with. Lizzie from Laterooms called Anthony to cancel my booking and conveyed to me that she was equally shocked by his attitude when she spoke to him and spared me the details of exactly what he said to her. Despite Anthony’s rudeness and unwelcoming attitude I went to Marrakesh, I booked with a hotel instead of a riad and was lucky to return safely. Unfortunately my concerns were confirmed, yesterday a massive terrorist bombing ripped through Café Argana popular among tourists in the heart of Djemma el-Fna square, Marrakech, killing 15 people and wounding at least 80.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo