“Übertraf all meine Vorstellungen! Ausgezeichnet!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Berber Cultural Center

Berber Cultural Center
Ranked #68 of 272 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
“Übertraf all meine Vorstellungen! Ausgezeichnet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

As I had a lot of fun in Marrakech I didnt wanted to go to the center first. But then I thought I should go just for maybe 1 or 2 days and then leave.. I arrived to Imintanout with a lot of doubts and “don’t wanna be here feelings” and Mohamed picked me up. As I got in his car and we started to talk I lost all my doubts and knew that I wanted to stay for 1 week. Arrived at the center his children came out to say hii and he prepared tagine for us, which was awesome. I stayed for 1 week and wanted to leave for Chefchaouen, but I returned on my way because I started to miss this place and this people, so I stayed my last days in the center with this incredible family. I felt at home since the first day and I would have been staying for much longer have I had more time in Morocco.. I´ll come back for sure! And I would recommend this workaway experience to everyone! I thing I can´t really describe it, everyone should experience it itself!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Business
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I cannot recommend this centre highly enough. Mohamed and his family are the most perfect hosts and so incredibly friendly. They put on a wonderful program of activities for us: we cooked bread from scratch with Faiza, Mohamed's wife, and cooked it in the village oven; she taught us how to make a vegetable tagine; we went to the completely authentic, tourist-free hammam in the village (a very interesting experience!); we drew water from a well; and we hiked up part of the Atlas Mountains before coming back for a delicious couscous feast.
The house itself is beautiful and so peaceful which is just what we needed after hectic Marrakech. This was by far the highlight of our stay in Morocco, and I would strongly encourage anyone visiting the area to spend some time here. A truly unforgettable experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank becksss9
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I would recommend this to anyone visiting Morocco if you'd like a truly Moroccan cultural experience. During my stay there I rode a donkey, fetched water from the well and cooked a chicken tagine from scratch. Members of my group also baked bread. We went for an hour long walk and had a Moroccan tea making competition (which was taught to us upon arrival).

The riad is extremely clean, the food is different but good and the hosts are incredibly friendly and hospitable.

A must see!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went as part of a school trip to Morocco and every pupil and teacher (28 in total) thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The experience was worth the trip away from the usual spots. Mohamed and his family could not have been more welcoming and helpful. It was so relaxing for us all. The activities on offer were varied and worthwhile, especially as there was an element of usefulness to each. For example we eat the bread and tajines we made, the water we colletced with the donkey was used throughout the day, the adobe wall we helped to make will form part of a pool and garden. The walk up the mouintain to the cave and beyond provided excellent panoramic views of the Moroccan countryside. Try this, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Words can't describe how wonderful my stay at Mohamed’s had been! Mohamed, his family and friends had been such a comfort and joy to me and my friend Hyojung all the six plus days they had been with us. We did many fun things together such as cooking Tarjine, making bread and yummy almond butter, hiking through beautiful trails, visiting an more elementary school and shopping at the local market, etc. It was the most relaxing and pleasant time we had in our journey, and we are truly grateful for what they had done for us! Two thumbs up for their great hospitality and generosity; I strongly recommend anyone to go there and taste a real Berber life with these wonderful people. Special thanks to Khalid who were with us all the time and never without a gentle smile on his face :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank yoonjuc
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

During my stay in the Berber Cultural Center I really enjoyed the time spent their. Walks through the mountains, picnic underneath olive trees, local dishes...that is just a small part of what awaits you if you visit BCC. I stayed there for two weeks in September and would honestly recommend it to anyone looking for a real experience of Berber life. You wont regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mario M
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the moment you step through the door you feel you are home, the house and the family are filled with laughter and love.
It is a great place to relax from the pace of life, there is no WIFI so you can switch your devices off and rediscover the joys of playing cards, listening to live music and chatting. We only stayed 2 nights but wish we had more time there

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends