“Pleasant stay for solo traveler”
Review of Riad & Spa Mabrouk

Riad & Spa Mabrouk
Ranked #66 of 278 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Chester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay for solo traveler”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Riad & Spa. The location is unbeatable just steps from the souk and all the major attractions of Marrakech. However, the trade off of being so close to everything is that it is quite noisy till late at night. The restaurant that is in the hotel is also very good and has great traditional food, a little on the pricey side for Marrakech but still worth trying if you are staying at the hotel for convenience. The rooms were spacious and I stayed in a room that was supposed to have a big bed however it was two twin beds put together. Also, the comforter had some sort of stains on it and there were hairs in the sheets. The bathroom was moderately clean and toiletries were provided. The hotel wifi is for the most part good, but seems to log you out after an extended period of time. The hotel staff was very courteous and they offered day trips as well as airport transportation. However, I recommend finding another means of transportation because the person who picked my up from the airport was about 15-20 min late and my ride back to the airport was a bit bizarre, being led on foot to an area where I was picked up and I was expected to pay the guy who walked me to the van as well as the driver, just a very bizarre situation. Overall, as a solo female traveller I felt safe in the hotel and would recommend it to others traveling to Marrakech.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Palermo, Italy
Reviewed December 29, 2013

WE were a group of nine persons. A few minutes after our arrive, the flexible tube under the basin of one of the room broke down and water started going out , fullfilling the bedroom . The receptionist (a woman) was very rude: she told us that she had given us a good room and she didn't know what we could have done, obviously meaning that it was our fault . The riad was full and it wasn,t possible to change the room . So my friends have been obliged to clean themselves in our room . In our floor' passage there were works going on, and the floor was very dirty and dusty . We had booked for other two days but dut to this we preferred to change riad the next day . In the showers there wasn't lot of hot water and il was very difficult to wash our-selves. It was our first night in Marocco and it was a terrible welcome .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff we're helpful and the hotel was beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel for couples stays. My wife and I will return soon for a getaway.
The staff was knowledgable about the city and helped book some tours for my friends and I. You should call for up to date prices because their summer and fall prices vary a bit when booking in person.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cestcelui
Oklahoma city
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spend one of best week ever, it was a great experience... the staff were very helpful, especially Mr Ahmed he recommended us to a lot of activities around the city and we enjoyed it a lot, we stayed in suite MESSOUDA very recommended from our part, authentic room with a beautiful set up, we actually fall in love with it, we had also a very relaxing time in the spa. overall our stay over the riad was very pleasant great location, great staff.. Five stars service Very recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ben Q
In-Nadur, null, Malta
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Riad Mabrouk & Spa - Great place full of traditional culture, really was home away from home :)) Food was fantastic, loved the service and very friendly staff always helpful, which they make u feel wonderful. Great location and value for money. We had the Suite Mabrouk, was more than enough. Hotel had variety and texture to entice the eye and admire the surroundings. Thank you for the help and the feeling of being home away from home....Oh!!! u got to try the hairdresser also 4 doors down from the hotel....makeup and hair done in a few minutes....Wasn't called FATIMA by the locals.....lol....was Rosa then ;) LOL.

Room Tip: We had the Suite Mabrouk...Was lovely large and enticing, didn't want to leave the room it was c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ankica D
R-SPA-Mabrouk, Responsable réception at Riad & Spa Mabrouk, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I hope your return home was pleasant and that the warmth of the Marrakesh's sun will be in your hearts forever.
The team of Riad SACR and my self thank you for your trust. We have enjoyed your company very much and we all hope to welcome you again very soon.
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The location is super amazing as its just located 3minutes away from the soak. The hotel also has some great views as it is very high and wide with plenty of Marrakesh cultural everywhere.
We had the Suite Mabrouk and it was amazing! the room was cleaned daily.
We really felt like we where in Marrakesh with the traditional walls,doors,furniture and of course the amazing food!
Food was really good and very well presented.
Waiters were always smiling and never left us waiting.
Workers of the hotel are really friendly and will help you as much as need. They were very helpful to guide us and help us enjoy our stay.
I will definitely be going back and staying at this hotel again as it is a great hotel with amazing people and great service.
Thank you Riad Mabrouk!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Yoli302
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Your Riad fulfilled its goal of being an easy jump to the heart of Marrakech. However, you exceeded my expectations by offering all the simple things and doing them right: a great price, a comfortable and luxurious spacious room, breakfast, and Ahmed thank you for finding a parking lot close by to park our car and helping us with our luggage’s. The food is excellent the ambiance is A1; Your Manager -Fatiha - enthusiastically helped my wife finding good souvenirs. Really above and beyond! As I said all basic services, but combined together and offered with such courtesy, your Riad made our stay into a very nice part of the vacation. Thank you and thank you again. For sure we will go back and send our friends to Riad & Spa Mabrouk (like you say inchalah)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple