“Close to perfect!”
Review of Riad & Spa Mabrouk

Riad & Spa Mabrouk
Ranked #99 of 304 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Because we booked a last minute, we quickly searched and found a nice deal online at Riad Mabrouk. It turned out to be a worthy choice!
The hotel is located only 1 minute away from the famous and wonderful Jamaa el-Fna place (the inhabitants call it the "Big Square"). For us it was perfect, but for people who need total silence in order to get some sleep, it might be less attractive. After a whole day walking it is so nice to come back to your hotel, freshen up a bit and go out again any time you like!
The room we got was not big but not small either, just normal sized. The interior is very pretty; all the small details and decorations make it a colorful and cosy place to stay in. The room gets cleaned and tidied up every day. In our case, we opened a window and watched the big crowds flow through the streets. As mentioned before, it can get a bit noisy (until 12pm), but for us this wasn't a problem at all.
Breakfirst was included: if you are a sweettooth, you will love it! Nice Moroccan tea, jus d'orange, small pancakes, sweet bread and a croissant. They vary the breakfirst a bit every day. We also had a lunch and diner once. It is somewhat expensive in comparison with other places, but surely not overpriced.
The staff is very polite and is willing to assist you with almost everything. For example, because we payed a bit too much for the taxi from the airport to the hotel, the man from the security made sure we used taxi's that were fairly priced. Everyone speaks basic English, so communicating is no problem. A special thanks for Hassan, Saliha and Hanan for answering all our questions and helping us out with making the best of Marrakech!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Riad Mabrouk is a very good hotel. But what made it memorable is the help it offered when I got involved in a minor traffic accident. The management came out to the police station to help translate and perform as a witness. They did not expect any payment, this was just normal friendly service. This was a tremendous relief, as you can imagine.
Thank you, Riad Mabrouk!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michel B
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband booked this riad over the phone and we had no clue as to the location but it turned out to be a real gem,the location is king for this place, if you want to see marrakech location is important and you coulnt be better placed. The manager zaha was lovley and made sure we felt at home and really we did.
It is one of the most beautiful places ive ever expereinced for sure we had a suite which is worth the extra slpash if your a couple, but the double rooms are ok too.
most rooms can be made into twins.
the spa and hammam was great and i throughly enjoyed it.
in the evenings in the hotel live music plays which is beautiful. in all you wont be dissapointed.
The only one thing that was a bit dissapointing was breakfast as it is a little limited but we sorted this by buying the stuff we wanted from local shops.i really enjoyed it its worth every penny i spent so thanks to all at the riad x

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2012

After a rather negative experience the night before, we stumbled upon this Riad & Spa close to the famous 'Djemaa el Fna', the big square and market of Marrakech.

Immediately after we agreed to stay our room was prepared: 2 separate beds were put up. The room was a little small, but typical Moroccan and with all facilities we had in mind.
We asked the guy at the reception desk about the possibilities for a 'hamam' and massage in the evening. He explained prices and options and we decided to come back in the evening for a complete treatment. For it was still noon, we then left the hotel for an excursion.

Hours later and exhausted by the long walk we arrived again at the reception desk just to hear that the hamam was already closed. 'But what about the timetable the guy had told us at noon?!' We left disappointed for our room. But within 5 minutes the lady of the evening shift knocked on the door to tell that she had been able to convoke the personal of the hamam.

A long story short: we were treated like kings. The masseuses were very qualified and an hour later we felt born again. Even the manager came along to see if everything was OK now.
Afterwards we took a fine meal in the restaurant and felt strong again to stroll another couple of hours in the city.

This is our conclusion: the staff and manager of the Riad and Spa Mabrouk strained themselves to give the best possible experience. Whatever your wishes, they try to find the right solution. They are surrounded by waitresses and maids who work hard to get everything in order. The Riad is located close to the places where it happens. The rooms are nice and clean. The restaurant is ok and the hamam & massage are highly recommended.

Room Tip: Every room is different. We experienced number 15 to be small. Ask for nr. 20 or take one of the sui...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bucanero_Rene
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We were recomended to try this by the owner of our Riad after finding the place around the corner was shut. Just away from the main square we left the noise behind us as we slipped inside. We were not dissappointed, attractive decor, good food and wines and pleasant live music. A bit more expensive than we'd expected but worth it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We originally made the mistake of booking a hotel called riad esprie du moroc and after two horrible nights stumbled across the riad mabrouk, we explained the situation to Zara ( hotel manager) who was very friendly and hospitable and made us feel welcome straight away, we immediately checked out of esprie du moroc and checked into the riad mabrouk!! the hotel is beautiful,clean and the service was second to none! We stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed the delicious food from the restaurant! The staff were exceptional especially fatitha and Mohammed who want out of there way to help us and make us feel welcome as well as cater to our every need. The location is excellent less than a stones throw from the hustle and bustle of the main square, the bedrooms are divine, beautifully decorated with gorgeous ensuite! I went with my husband and mother in law and they both loved it and we are planning our second trip back now!! I would highly recommend this hotel interns of the hotel,service and location!!! If anyone has any questions about it your more than welcome to email me @ fareea0303@hotmail.co.uk in a country were people love to rip you off these guys stand apart from the rest!!! Very happy and grateful to the staff!!

Room Tip: Go for the suites they are divine and worth every penny!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Fareea M
Reviewed December 23, 2011

A warning to all who try the Mabrouk.... I had a lovely hammam/massage and would recommend that to anyone. My complaint lies with the total inefficiency and lack of basic courtesy of the staff, following my loss of a necklace in the spa.
So admittedly, it was my mistake to leave the necklace behind in the spa locker, as I rushed to dress as my taxi was waiting to take my partner and I to the airport. I was extremely upset when I realised what had happened, as this particular piece of jewellery was so precious to me, having been given to me years ago with great love. I feel it as a very personal loss. Imagine how happy I was was when I called the Mabrouk and was told that they had it and would post it to me. Since then however, 7 weeks ago, I have heard nothing and received nothing, and the staff refuse to reply to any of my emails or faxes. It is terrible customer service on their part and I have totally lost faith with the Mabrouk now, and feel very let down by them. All I wanted was a one-line reply by email to my enquiries about my necklace, but they never, ever replied. This tells me that the staff there simply can't be bothered, as there is nothing in it for them... we stayed there, paid for our time and now we have left they don't really care.I now am not even sure that it was ever posted. So be careful with your possessions if staying at the Mabrouk... my necklace was not precious or expensive, but meant a great deal to me.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple