We booked this hammam/black soap, scrub, hair wash and 30min massage for 2 people for 600Dirham via internet 24 hours prior to our spa experience. We were on holidays at Aqua Fun Park hotel from 22-29 June, and were hoping to get a nice massage while in Marrakech. The 5*hotel claimed to have a spa but, like some other facilities, wasn't open yet. The taxi&excursion agent located at the hotel lobby also claimed to be able to arrange a spa experience for 2 of us but they never got back to us with any further details.
While touring the city one night we came across this spa, just opposite the night market - webiste has a very clear location map - walked in and asked for massage. We were showed a price list (set so no need to haggle the price) and were able to book our spa even with 24hours notice via email.
We came in at 4pm. Were showed to a changing room with a locker for our bags&clothes. We got the key, too, so very safe. Rooms were beautifully decorated, and smelled of essential oils and candles. We changed into bathrobes, and you get your knickers & slippers. No need to bring your own!
1. You walk into a hammam room first (we were together with my partner apart from the massage where we took each turns)
2. You sit in the steamed room for 5min then the lady comes in and soaps your body from head to toes.
3. She left us for 10min to make your skin soft with black soap applied earlier
4. She comes back to give you a rinse with loads of pleasantly warm water from the basin.
5. Then, you lie on the marble bed and you get a scrub with a glove that is brought sealed, 1 for each person
5. You get a rinse again, and then the lady washes your body with body gel and does the same to your hair with a gentle massage.
6. You get a final rinse standing up, and she passes you a robe to go to a relaxing room to rest for 10min
7. The room is fitted with a TV, soft hammam beds and soft music for your relaxation
8. Then comes time for your 30min massage from head to toes, applied with a gentle touch of essential oils. You do it on the back and then on the front. Every muscle, including your toes, fingers, and even ears are massaged
9. You are allowed 10-15min resting time in the next door room and then you get changed
We were finished by 5:35pm and it was an experience I would recommend to anybody!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Medina, the Jamaa El Fna square, in the center of the monuments of the city of Marrakech. Riad & Spa Mabrouk merges Moroccan and Andalusian architecture. It has several rooftop terraces with panoramic views of the city.4 suites and 10 rooms, air-conditioned and elegantly decorated, are decorated in a Moroccan-Andalusian style. With colorful tiles, the en suite bathroom is provided bathrobes and or showers and complimentary toiletries. They feature a minibar, satellite TV and a seating area.A Moroccan breakfast is served each morning. Lunch and dinner, you can sample Moroccan dishes in one of our fine restaurants.Wi-Fi access is available free of charge. The Riad has a currency exchange desk and a souvenir shop.To relax, the Riad offers a hammam, Jacuzzi and a massage service and a gym. The staff is at your disposal 24h/24, it can help you organize your excursions and airport transfers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad & Spa Mabrouk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.