“Could be in London”

Ranked #25 of 895 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We found this restaurant in our guide book and didn't expect it to be as glamorous as it is! It felt like walking in to a top notch restaurant in the centre of London. The prices however were very good. We ended up eating at this restaurant 3 times. Lebanese food is my favourite food and they had all my favourite dishes. Would definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Tinalofo
There are newer reviews for Azar

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant , beautiful inside and out. Had a lovely evening with good service and amazing food. Would recommend it as a top class restaurant for Moroccan and Lebanese food to any one who comes here. Think even Gordon Ramsay would be impressed.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

perfect combination between eastern and western food. Something to serve for everyone. The belly dance show is the candle that brings everything together: not too little, not too much, just right. We had a great night.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We spend an evening at this restaurant after having read the previous review on Tripadvisor. We have pre-dinner cocktails, dinner, 1/2 bottle wine and a shisha after dinner and it all came to £85 for 2 person. The service was quite poor. Lots of staff just walking around and looking at customers table but apart from that doesn't seem to care about the customer service. Waited for over 30 minutes and noone came to take our drinks order. I had to go and to one of the staff who has just been standing around the whole night. The cocktails costs £10-20 and I tried 2 different ones and neither was nice. It's wiser to go for the wines which are not bad.
Food was ok. The decor was very nice and we spent a lovely time.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went here as the reviews looked good and we love Lebanese food. For some reason we couldn't ordered the 6 mezzes which were a set price from the menu, which was a bit odd. Anyway, just ordered separately and a mixed grill with extra basmati rice. I thought that the chicken was not cooked properly and the rice tasted funny as well as the chicken livers, as a consequence both my partner and I were laid up in bed for the next day. Although the food looked ok, it certainly did not agree, and as I travel for my job, my stomach usually more tolerable than most as I'm frequently a visitor to Africa and the Middle East. Would not recommend this restaurant, it ruined a whole day and a trip to the pharmacy.

gregory c c, Directeur général at Azar, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest ,

We are sorry for this trouble.
In our process we work only with topfresh ingredients, the mixed grill is one our best seller and during the same night that you come at Azar , we sold 10 mixed grill and didn't have any problem like that, quite the opposite. All the staff members in the kitchen wear hygienic gloves .

Best regards,