“Good experience, but average main courses”
Review of Azar

Azar
Ranked #25 of 895 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Started sitting in the mezzanine drinking the 2-4-1 cocktails which were lovely. the service was very attentive and the atnosphere was perfect. we moved inside for dinner, once again the atmosphere was really good - there was music in the background with dim light and the service again was great. We chose the 6 mezze to start plus one extra - they were great and actually quite filling! For mains i had the mixed grill which was ok considering i had the same thing at the kasbah cafe for a lot less money, portion size was good. My husband had the royal coucous which was a massive portion and rather bland. We were expecting a lit from the food but it wasnt the best. I completely agree with another reviewer thst the food scores low and the place/service scores high.
I had been looking forward to the belly dancers as this was something different, however we did not really enjoy it - it kind of ruined the atmosphere and cheapened the place. We quickly left, as did others.
Overall, a good experience while in marrakech though!

1  Thank mrsbourko
There are newer reviews for Azar

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Azar is a nice looking restaurant with some interesting quirks about it (check out the elevator with the rose wall and fake turf floor). They serve very good cocktails and happy hour on the terrace was great. The staff are also friendly enough, but this is a restaurant and the food was very, very disappointing. Probably the worst food we had in Marrakech.

As a venue for cocktails/drinks, I would probably rate this venue higher. If rating it purely as a restaurant I would rate it much lower!

1  Thank Stuart N
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Lebanese cuisine restaurant in the commercial area of the new town, nice decor, but with the lighting absolutely insufficient and not suitable for a restaurant... to read the menu we had to borrow another candle from an adjacent table. Quite dear... a bottle of sparkling water 35 DH!
Hummus and falafel well made and very good shoulder of lamb, but served with roasted potatoes only, pairing not really suitable for June with 110 °F. In the second part of the dinner, the good conviviality was ruined by the arrival of two pathetic belly dancers... accompanied by a too loud music.. The atmosphere of the evening felt into the more conventional tourist kitsch...
Luckily at that point we had finished our meals and we left the place with relief.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I really like Lebanese food, so I had big expectations. The happy hour on the terrace is totally worth it. I had the rose-water martini which was unlike any drink I'd had before. The presentation was also great. The food was OK, but not as well seasoned or impressive as I was expecting.

1  Thank redbecca7
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Food, service, sheesha, atmosphere and location... without a doubt, the best place to eat in Marrakech!