“Amazing stay - definitely reccommended!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad Bledna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Bledna
Ranked #224 of 1,187 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay - definitely reccommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Part of us doesn't want to write this review because we want Riad Bledna to remain a secret oasis forever! Mohammed is the most wonderful host and the Riad is absolutely beautiful. My boyfriend and I spent 2 weeks travelling around Morocco and sadly only spent 3 nights at Riad Bledna, but we could have had just a weeks holiday here and left feeling equally contented! No photos could do this wonderful place justice and we cannot recommend it highly enough. Although we did not travel around Morocco with Mohammed (or any of his arranged tours) we did hear very good things about them from others while we were there. The food was also some of the best we had while we were in Morocco including a 19kg watermelon! Getting transfers into Marrakech also worked seamlessly and Mohammed was very patient in explaining different routes in (and out!) of the souks for us! All in all it was an amazing stay and we look forward to returning some time in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had three nights at Riad Bledna - and would definitely love to go back. It's such a lovely Riad and so relaxing. The pool is beautiful, prefect place to chill out after a busy day of sight seeing and shopping in Marrakech. It's a little out of the way -but well worth the journey.
The food in the evenings was lovely- very romantic out on the terrace overlooking the garden. Mohammad the owner will go out of his way to make you stay wonderful and the rest of the staff are so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I spent two nights at Mohammed's riad at the end of a three week trip Morocco. My son joined me for the last week of the trip. Mohammed has tastefully and thoughtfully created a superb place of beauty and calm in traditional Moroccan style. The garden is maturing well and full of a great mixture of plants and trees, both edible and not-so-edible. The pool is well placed and big enough to swim in and play games and as such is a blessing for families with young kids. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The food is excellent, plentiful and traditionally Moroccan. The riad is situated well out of Marrakesh making Mohamed's transport offers and arrangements a necessity.
Mohammed is passionate about the place and has plans for future improvements that will enhance its friendly ambiance and comfort. Mohammed is courteous, approachable and efficient and takes a lot of time to listen to guest's needs and try to accommodate them. He has a good team both at the riad and helping with the many and varied trips he organises into the Moroccan mountains, valleys and deserts. he is very good to his staff. Spending a few days at the riad with Mohammed was a priviledge for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here for dinner on our second night in Marrakech. This Riad is wonderful if you want a quieter time whilst visiting Marrakech. You would need to find a good taxi driver, or better still, just contact Mohammed the owner who will arrange to collect you and will arrange your trip for everyday if you want him to, throughout your stay. The gardens are just beautiful along with the wonderful pool and terraces for you to just relax after your day in the souk. The rooms are very comfortable and some have balconies with great views of the garden and pool. The tagines we had for dinner were the best we had throughout our whole trip, after our day in the mountains with Mohammed and having been provided with lunch in a typical mountain home was just a joy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the basis of the recommendation in a lonely planet book to use the pool. It was excellent and I can easily see why people speak so fondly of mohammed on here. - he is a legend.

The grounds are serene, a little oasis in the middle of nowhere. The location combined with mohammed's transfers are excellent. I could not fault the service, Mohammed even had staff go and get a bottle of fanta for me from a nearby vilkage sinxy he didnt stock it.

The oxygen filtered poolnis anazing and very relaxing. There is also a beautiful courtyard and plenty of seating and chill out place.

• Stayed August 2013
Sedbergh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I spent a fantastic 11 days in Morocco over the summer and for most of that time, I stayed at the superb Riad Bledna. After travelling from Sedbergh to Marrakech over 20 hours in a train, plane and automobile, you can imagine my relief at seeing the hazy outline of the Riad, against the fiery backdrop of a Moroccan sunset. It was perfect. Mohammed and his son Omar gave me a lovely, warm welcome and I later sat down to a mouth-wateringly tasty lamb tagine (throughout my stay the menu was varied and always top notch & without doubt, it was the best food I tasted during my stay in Morocco).
My room was stunning, really tastefully decorated, incredibly reasonably priced and very clean. N.B if you are fortunate enough to find yourself staying here, check out the impressive paintings by local artists which hang majestically on the walls.
The swimming pool was a welcome relief from the intense heat and it is surrounded by a large, picturesque garden which is a great place to hide from the chaotic but intoxicating madness of Marrakech.
Mohammed was a brilliant host, always relaxed, patient and welcoming. He was able to effortlessly organise several trips for me ( trekking in the stunning Atlas mountains and a Sahara desert trip and I would wholeheartedly recommend both these trips because I had an amazing experience on both- the camel on which I travelled through the desert was called Bob Marley- how could I go wrong? ;-)
Mohammed was also very obliging in relation to transport to and from Marrakech and throughout my whole stay he was very helpful, even offering me his hiking boots on the mountain trip ( my footwear was about as useful as an ejector seat in a helicopter).
I highly recommend this Riad to any traveller who finds himself/herself on the mythical and irresistible road to Marrakech.
What are you waiting for? ;-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We spent a week in Riad Bledna with our two children 10 & 15 years. We all really enjoyed ourselves. The food was excellent, two of us are vegetarian which was no problem. We were inspired to cook more Moroccan dishes and had a cooking lesson. The swimming pool was fantastic big enough to swim and play games in and the perfect way to relax after a few hours seeing the sights of Marrakech. Mohamed took us on a fantastic trip to the mountains and knew everything we asked about the city and surrounding area. His trips are informative, interesting and his driving is excellent from off road to the back of the souks. There is something for everyone and I really recommend a visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family