My husband and i have just returned from a week long break at the resort and had a really great time! To summarise our stay:
1) The hotel is very close to the airport, we got there after a 15 or so minute taxi ride.
2) the resort is really beautiful! When we arrived on our first night, we were very pleased with our choice!
3) our room was clean and pleasant. I've seen a few reviews where people complained that they were basic - i think they're just typical of african decor.
4) the food was great, i had something different to eat every night and at lunch. They also do poolside snacks if you miss breakfast or lunch!
5) marrakesh is amazing!! I loved the markets and found it a fun experience bartering with the locals who were all very friendly! We went back to the square at marrakesh at night and it was even better, has such a magical atmosphere!
5) i found people's driving to be quite scary so i'm glad we didn't get a hire car! We used taxis and they all charged exactly the same (100drh each way to the markets). One taxi driver also took us on a private tour into the mountains where we saw the waterfalls, local villages etc. was brilliant and very good value for money!
6) i've seen lots of reviews that are negative of the hotel for being french speaking! I think this is a real shame! All the staff we came across could speak a bit of english but we found it more polite to try to speak a bit of french. The entertainment is all in french but you can still guess what's going on.
I would totally stay at this hotel again, we had such a lovely holiday! Marrakesh was magical and this hotel was a perfect base.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Royal Decameron Issil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Issil Hotel Marrakech