“Around Marrakech in 80 Minutes”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marrakech By Air

Marrakech By Air
Book In Advance
More Info
$218.39*
and up
Atlas Mountains Hot Air Balloon Ride from Marrakech with Berber Breakfast and...
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We had an amazing time! An absolute must do for those visiting Marrakech. The whole trip was managed perfectly and we were so well looked after. The pilot is fantastic and has a great sense of humour! We loved the berber breakfast and camel ride too. Worth every penny :)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Caerleon
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Around Marrakech in 80 Minutes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Picked up from our Riad early in the morning by Hamid and taken for a Berber breakfast. During this time Hamid was making us all feel relaxed before the flight, as he could sense a bit of nervousness ( or sheer panic / fright !! ) and with his sense of humour he had all of us at ease in minutes. The Balloon flight was amazing. All of us had massive smiles on our faces the entire trip, and that was without Hamid saying anything ! which didn't last too long ! Hamid and his crew / helpers were first class---thank you for a fantastic day. Phil, Lyn and Joel.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Niceoneharry

Miami, FL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Early Morning Excitement!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Thinking back about this experience – All that comes to mind is WOW! From the energetic pick up at 5 AM to the Berber Village breakfast to seeing the Atlas Mountains for the peaceful balloon & The camel ride, this was the ultimate experience. Watching the balloon come to life right in front of our eyes – to floating over the Moroccan desert land was completely breath taking. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. There were many laughs along the way & there was an ease about everything that kept everyone relaxed and comforted. The balloon does depart from outside the city – so do keep in mind it’s about a 45-minute ride from the center of Marrakech.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Nateairnj
Brighton, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was one of the most amazing experiences I had on my holiday in Marrakech. We had an early start into the day and were picked up from our hotel as it was still dark. On the way to the Berber village we were joined by a second car. Our group would consist of eight people and the pilot. The pilot introduced himself by getting out of the car whilst it was driving and running next to ours. I'm not sure how the group in his car felt about that but it made me laugh.
After a short drive we arrived in a Berber village where we received a small breakfast whilst the air balloon was set up. I have nor words describing the air balloon ride. Yes, we were extremely high up in the air. Yes, it was tight in the basket. Yes, my head was sometimes hot because of the fire above me. Did I care in this moment? NO. The view was breathtaking. There was such a calmness about it. I could endlessly look around and enjoy the atmosphere. Witnessing the sunrise in front of the Atlas mountains was phenomenal. And in this moment nothing really mattered. Not even the jokes of the pilot that we might crash. I decided that he was allowed to make this kind of jokes as he was doing such a fantastic job in flying the balloon. He clearly knew what he was doing and this relaxed everyone.
The pilot was landing on the back of his van with an unbelievable accuracy. We all received a certificate before returning to the Berber village where we received a second breakfast. It included all kind of traditional Moroccan bread.
The second part of the excursion was a camel ride. Back in the car we were brought to a different place. I was looking forward to riding a camel as I have never done something similar. Personally I was a bit disappointed. The camels were waiting for us next to a street. They did not particularly look well kept and it was not the most picturesque area of Marrakech I could imagine. It was an experience, nothing to recommend. To be honest we booked the air ballon ride and this was only and extra.
This day was unforgettable for me and my brother and we really enjoyed it. Thank you.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank TobWeb
Litlington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic balloon experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked this experience online before we went to Marrakech.

The day was excellent! We were picked up super early as planned and as we weaved through Marrakech picking up the other two couples we were entertained with jokes and stories by our funny driver. An hour or so later we were at the launch site and welcomed with drinks and pastries to set us up for our balloon flight. Whilst we were eating the balloon was prepped and inflated in front of us. In no time at all it was inflated and we were floating up into the sky.

The flight itself was amazing. It took about an hour and the sunrise and the views of the Atlas mountains were spectacular!

Once landed and collected we were taken back to the Berber village where we breakfasted properly and were given a tour of the Berber dwelling and way of life.

We then headed off for our camel ride and although I was a little nervous about the standing up and sitting down bit it was actually a great ride once you relaxed into it!

All in all a fantastic trip and well worth the money. Thoroughly recommended! You can see a video we made of our trip which includes some footage of the balloon flight by following the link below.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Simon O
Naxxar, Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“amazing once in a lifetime experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was undoubtedly one of the highlights of my Marrakech trip! Hamid, the pilot, is excellent at his job. He also makes you feel safe and makes the whole excursion very pleasant. Seeing the sun rise over the Atlas Mountains is sensational. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is visiting Marrakech. An abundant breakfast is included, as are pick ups from the main square. It was a little bit on the expensive side, but very worth it!

Visited June 2013