From my first contact with Linda to enquire about staying in the riad, to our pick-up at the end of the holiday, I cannot recommend this riad enough. We stayed as a group of 8 people and booked the entire riad for our exclusive use. I could go into an enormously long review but it may be easier to have it in list form:
- The riad is in a brilliant location very near to Jemaa el Fna but on a side street so it is wonderfully peaceful. I would definitely book the airport transfer, we would not have found it on our own. When you first arrive it feels like it's in the middle of a maze but you get used to the streets very quickly and by the end of the trip we could make our way back with ease.
- All the rooms look exactly as they do on the website and have sizeable bathrooms. The whole building is wonderfully clean and rooms are a good size - the Douiria suite is enormous! Everyone commented on how comfortable the beds were. One thing to note is that you can be awoken by the morning call to prayer from the nearby mosques, but that only really adds to the atmosphere of being in Marrakech. Some of our group slept right through it!
- There is nothing quite as nice as being able to sit with a glass of wine either in the salon area downstairs or on the roof terrace. It is a great space to relax after the chaos of the main square.
- The riad staff - Rachid, Wadeer, and Fadilla - were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble. Fadilla made a lovely breakfast every day, Rachid very kindly walked us to a restaurant (having booked our table) on the first night, and Wadeer stayed up very late to let us back in when we'd been out for the night! There is always someone in, and you can book anything through the staff - we arranged to go to the Atlas mountains through Rachid, who suggested a trip suited to our needs. Linda herself is lovely, providing masses of information before our arrival.
- I'd recommend having dinner in the riad at least once during your stay - Fadilla makes an amazing lemon chicken tagine! We ate on the roof on a beautiful summer's evening, with the table lit by candles within lanterns, and it was just perfect.
Overall we had a great stay and would definitely recommend this riad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished August 2015.Riad Linda is a beautiful,Scottish owned riad, 5 minutes' walk from Djemma el Fna. Our great central location is ideal for first time visitors, families and women travellers. The riad is fully staffed over 24 hours and our friendly English / French speaking Moroccan staff offer a warm welcome and ensure a relaxing and memorable stay. There is a range of stunning contemporary art work throughout the riad by the international artist Gordon Davidson. Our en-suite bedrooms are furnished in a cool, contemporary Moroccan style. All feature spacious en suite bathrooms with hand polished tadalect. Our split level Douira Suite also features its own little hammam! Our large, sunny roof terrace offers tables for breakfast and dinner. Guests are invited to relax on our sun loungers and our lovely Bedouin tent. We offer our guests a range of services such as dinner in the riad, booking restaurants, trips to the Atlas Mountains, hammams , shopping trips and cookery lessons. Free wi - fi is available throughout the riad. Airport transfers are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Budget Places, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Riad Linda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Linda Hotel Marrakech