“J'adore riad Adore!”
Review of Riad Adore

Riad Adore
Ranked #17 of 1,167 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I have just come back from a week in Marrakech. I was actually staying at Riad Bel Haj (I've written a review for that too!), but my friends and I were so impressed with that, that we decided to try another of the "Pure Riads" group (they are on Google I think...) and stay a night extra at Riad Adore. Just like Riad Bel Haj, it was beautiful. It's a bit bigger then bel Haj, and very luxurious. However, it wasn't at all oppressive - everything was in white or stone with little fairy lights, and I can honestly say I was taken aback by how beautiful and calm it was. There was a very large plunge pool which is unusual for a Riad in the centre I believe, and it was nice to have a place to get some respite from the heat! We ate there the night be stayed and, as in Bel Haj, the food was amazing. We ate the traditional tagine, starters and desserts suggested by the cook and they were all just incredible, the only problem was that we all ate so much we could hardly move!
The staff were accommodating, polite and friendly, but we had come to expect that by that time after staying in Bel Haj!
However, I would say that the best thing about Riad Adore is that it felt especially romantic! If I had a certain someone, I would certainly be whisking them off there... My friend proposed to his (now!) wife in Marrakech as he said it was the most romantic place in the world, and I certainly think Riad Adore captures some of that. It's hard to put a finger on what exactly is so special about it, but the feeling of airiness, space and calm in such a busy city, combined with all the pretty little touches and lights, made the whole place feel really intimate and precious - I think I would certainly find it hard to say no to anyone there, watching the sunset on the roof terrace...! I would love to return to Riad Adore for a longer stay in the future, and just wanted to let everyone know what an exciting little find it is!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank checkoutcharlie

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Having stayed at a sistering riad, we were lucky enough to have dinner on the roof terrace of this splendid riad. The food was wonderful and the view was breathtaking, extending over the Medina and with the beautiful Khatoubia in the distance. I would thoroughly recommend a visit!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed at the Riad for 4 nights, but had booked for 5, due to missing our flight due to traffic and then an airline delay we arrived almost 24 hours late, during the delay i contacted the Riad a number of times, and have to say Christian was very understanding and helpful, rearranging our pick up twice and the meal we had booked and making contact for us with Marrakechby air who we had arranged to go on a balloon flight with. When we did finally arrive very relieved to be there, but still quite stressed and very tired the staff were amazing, mint tea on arrival and although she couldn't be there when we arrived Amal, the manager, called by phone just after we arrived to check all was ok. We then had the most amazing meal on the candlelit terrace, just the 2 of us, which was very special. We stayed in Zahira, which was a beautiful room. The staff are very attentive but not intrusive and the breakfasts on the terrace were lovely too. I cannot think of anything that would improve this Riad, there are some really nice touches, like the honesty bar, guest lap top to use, bathrobes, gorgeous thick towels, nice toiletries etc.we will definately return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2010

On arrival, we were told we'd been upgraded - very nice touch.Unfortunately an air-con malfunction caused us to be moved to our original room after three nights (no real hardship there!) - a small instance of the attention to our comfort that was given at Riad Adore. From first to last, the staff were both unobtrusive and attentive, if that doesn't seem to be a contradiction in terms.
For our first night (the plane in was delayed) we chose the in-house meal which compared well with the food outside; and the location of the riad was excellent, being only a few minutes walk from the souks.
We were somewhat spoiled by being the only guests for most of our stay, but given the different public areas, I wouldn't expect that it would ever seem crowded. The pool was not what I'd call a swimming pool (I would not have expected one), but as a plunge pool after a hot day in the streets, was a great asset.
The honesty bar and library were both nice touches, and both were made full use of during our stay!
We found the riad to be a wonderful oasis of calm after our busy days of wandering, and would heartily recommend it to any couples who are looking for location, style, calm, and rest.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed her and the staff were awesome, very helpful. Our room was beautiful and the location of the riad is so close to the main square. So much fun! Loved staying at this riad!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The Riad Adore is a home away from home. The place is very intimate, beautifully designed with combines all the luxurious necessities with authentic charm and comfort. The staff could not have been any more friendly and helpful. It is located in the Medina 10 minutes away from the Jemaa el Fna square with its souks and markets surrounding the district. As a lone traveller I have always felt safe even coming back to the riad in the early hours of the night. I have spent 5 magical days in Marrakech and the Riad Adore was a haven of calm in the middle of a busy city. I would highly recommend the Riad Adore to anyone traveling to Marrakech.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Amazing staff, great food, especially breakfast, excellent room and beautiful terrace

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple