Beautiful, peaceful and relaxing Riad in the Kasbah district of the medina - we had a wonderful visit, were well looked after by Joelle (the owner) and her lovely staff and I would highly recommend staying here.
I booked this riad based largely on the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. I've included some info below that I would have found helpful when researching my stay:
- The riad is situated approx. 15 mins walk from Jemaa El F'naa (the main square) and is a fairly direct walk/easy to find once you have found your way once. Getting a taxi is also easy and cheap (approx £2) if the beat is too much!
- located in the kasbah area of the old town (medina) which is a bit quieter and a refreshing change from the hustle and bustle of the main square.
- clean, recently refurbished
- beautiful interior courtyard with orange trees and a plunge pool
- sun terrace with sun loungers, hats and towels
- comfortable area in the shade with pillows
- breakfast served on the sun terrace every morning - Joelle and her team will accommodate an early breakfast if you have a day trip planned
- we stayed in the Noa room on the 1st floor which was a double room with an ensuite bathroom (note there was no door to the bathroom in our room which we found complimented the open nature of the riad) - minimal and classic decor with African prints
- all rooms Air Conditioned
- wifi available
- we dined at the riad several times. Breakfast was a generous and fresh selection of traditional Moroccan pastries, breads plus tea/coffee/fresh orange juice and yoghurt. We also had a traditional tagine when we arrived - delicious.
- the riad is beautiful and Marrakesh fantastic but it was Joelle and her lovely team that really made our trip special. When I initially booked I contacted Joelle to confirm and received an immediate and warm reply. Even before arriving, Joelle helped organise airport transfers & meals. When we arrived, Joelle spent an hour with us taking us through a map of the city recommending places to visit and giving us advice. Nothing was too much trouble for her and her staff are attentive and friendly. Marrakesh is manic (and wonderful) so having some friendly advice to navigate the city really helped!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moroccan hospitality is legendary and at Riad les orangers d'alilia you have the opportunity to experience this fine tradition. Riad les orangers d'alilia is a home with lots of atmosphere and a dedicated staff at your disposal.Riad les orangers d'alilia has been entirely restored in accordance with traditional Moroccan materials and architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad les Orangers d'Alilia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Orangers d`Alilia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech