“A home away from home!”

Ranked #92 of 1,145 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Switzerland
“A home away from home!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

You could not ask for more. The manager Mohamed and every person on his staff strive to meet your every need. Mohamed quickly answered all our questions the weeks leading up to the trip, arranged for a mini van to pick our group up from the airport (and the driver walked with us us directly to the Riad), booked us a tour around the souks with a wonderful guide named Kamal, and arranged for our amazing hamman with Fatima and massages after. Mohamed's new assistant Souad was also very sweet and helpful, always checking in to see how we were doing. The Riad itself is beautiful and very well located on a quiet side street in the medina. Breakfast each day was served whenever you wanted it and included freshly squeezed orange juice, Moroccan pancakes, eggs, a variety of croissants, bread and jam, freshly baked cakes, tea and coffee. We were told to make ourselves at home and we did-the kitchen staff even gave us the recipe for their wonderful coconut cake. The rooftop terrace was beautiful and welcoming. We were there in December and it was too cool to have our meals outside, but it was a quiet place to read and have tea. In short, we enjoyed ourself very much and would highly recommend the Nasreen Riad to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I liked this raid so I went back six months later. Mohamed and his staff were again very professional with nice smiles. However, be cautious of the people who give massages as they may try to scam you

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Riad_Nasreen, Gérant at Riad Nasreen, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and informing me about your story. I m really sorry for what happened to you and I profit to inform you that I don’t accept this things to happen either from my clients or people that work for me.
Concerning massages, I work with an external company that they send me girls when I need. Believe me that it has never happened to us but I’ll react immediately and stop with them.
I remembered that you were at the Riad the day after and you meet her when she came for another massage but you didn’t tell me anything. If you had informed me, I would have reacted and fixed .If you tried to meet her outside of the Riad the thing I’m not responsible for.
As I told you the massage girls work with a company we deal with when we need schedule massage session .
London, UK
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed in the Riad Nasreen with our children aged 15 and 16 for 3 nights 4 days and had the most superb time from the moment we arrived to the moment we left! The Riad is a very beautiful place to stay and well located for the sights in the Medina. The staff are all so kind and friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. A very special thank you to Mohammad for arranging such super excursions and we are so grateful to all his advice and knowing what would suit our family.

The food in the Riad was delicious. Generous breakfasts and authentic Moroccan dishes and the roof terrace is an idyllic setting. Our rooms were some of the loveliest we have stayed in – each one decorated with stunning details and they were extremely clean.

We have recommended the Riad to our friends and very much look forward to returning one day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I traveled to Marrakech, Morocco in October and stayed at the Riad Nasreen. The Riad itself, the manager Mohamed, staff Ishmit, Fatima and the others provided the best service I've experienced in all of my many travels. I contacted Mohamed before my arrival and he promptly responded to my emails, answered all of my questions, arranged to have a driver meet me at the airport, arranged guides through the medina and souks, and excursions. The free internet service was a plus! The food they prepared was absolutely delicious! It tasted better than most of the well reputed restaurants that I visited. I noticed how he treated each of his guests with care, respect and took a personal interest in their Moroccan experience. The hammam provided by Fatima was so very relaxing and nothing like I had ever experienced. The roof top terrace was quiet and peaceful. Riad Nasreen felt like home away from home. It was safely tucked away back in the winding streets but after a day or so, I could navigate my way. If you want an authentic Moroccan experience with the nicest people you ever want to meet, Riad Nasreen is ideal! Hi Mohamed!!! Kate H. (Upper Marlboro, MD)

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms, both with a large double bed. They were perfect for me. I preferr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A friend and I recently had the pleasure to stay at the Riad Nasreen for 3 nights and 4 days. The Riad has so much to offer and the service cannot be faulted.

Firstly we were very grateful to have a cab already arranged for us before we arrived a great option so you do not have the task as soon as you step off the plane to have to negotiate a taxi price! When we first arrived we were very pleasantly surprised with what greeted us a tranquil, clean and relaxed environment. Mohammed and his staff were more the helpful and made our entire trip a lot more enjoyable.

One of the days we stayed we enjoyed a Hamman and full body massage followed by lunch – which we both agreed was the best meal we had while in Marrakech full of taste and flavor as compared to some of the popular tourist restaurants recommended on trip advisor! It was great to have both options in the luxury of the Riad and all at a great price!

The Riad is very conveniently located (that’s when you get your bearings of Marrakech).

We felt relaxed and welcomed and felt that the service as above and beyond what was expected and would highly recommend this Riad to anyone looking to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed October 12, 2013

It's not the easiest place to find and you will probably need help and a porter as it is not accessible by car. Once found it is like stepping into another world. We arrived late at night and had to leave the next morning but it was a welcome relief after having to drive through Marrakech at night. It was cool, extremely tranquil, beautiful to be there and clean. We had a suite which extended over two floors and it was clean and comfortable. The beds are hard but this seems to be the way of mattresses in Morocco. The breakfast was good. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. It is about 20 min walk from the Medina but despite its proximity to the mosque and Medina it was very quiet. Definitely consider staying there again if we are ever in Marrakech.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Balgownie
Yorkshire
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here with my son, and my parents. The riad is stunning and we felt like we were staying in a palace. We had the most wonderful holiday we have ever had. Not only were the riad staff so helpful and welcoming, the manager Mohammed spoke excellent English. We ate here every night, and the food was excellent and nicer than anywhere else we tried. We had breakfast on the roof terrace every morning which was wonderful. We booked one of the excursions on offer, to walk up the Atlas mountains and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. We found we were within walking distance of the main square and lots of other tourist sites which was fantastic,but I must admit we found it easier to call a taxi from the riad which were very reasonable rates. My son loved the room door which was an old fashioned padlock! A very caring hotel, who couldn't do enough. I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: All rooms are to a very high standard. There are some rooms on the ground floor for easy access, and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family