“Beautiful Place, Fantastic Service!”
Review of Riad Nasreen

Riad Nasreen
Ranked #94 of 1,133 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Beautiful Place, Fantastic Service!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I traveled to Marrakech, Morocco in October and stayed at the Riad Nasreen. The Riad itself, the manager Mohamed, staff Ishmit, Fatima and the others provided the best service I've experienced in all of my many travels. I contacted Mohamed before my arrival and he promptly responded to my emails, answered all of my questions, arranged to have a driver meet me at the airport, arranged guides through the medina and souks, and excursions. The free internet service was a plus! The food they prepared was absolutely delicious! It tasted better than most of the well reputed restaurants that I visited. I noticed how he treated each of his guests with care, respect and took a personal interest in their Moroccan experience. The hammam provided by Fatima was so very relaxing and nothing like I had ever experienced. The roof top terrace was quiet and peaceful. Riad Nasreen felt like home away from home. It was safely tucked away back in the winding streets but after a day or so, I could navigate my way. If you want an authentic Moroccan experience with the nicest people you ever want to meet, Riad Nasreen is ideal! Hi Mohamed!!! Kate H. (Upper Marlboro, MD)

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms, both with a large double bed. They were perfect for me. I preferr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A friend and I recently had the pleasure to stay at the Riad Nasreen for 3 nights and 4 days. The Riad has so much to offer and the service cannot be faulted.

Firstly we were very grateful to have a cab already arranged for us before we arrived a great option so you do not have the task as soon as you step off the plane to have to negotiate a taxi price! When we first arrived we were very pleasantly surprised with what greeted us a tranquil, clean and relaxed environment. Mohammed and his staff were more the helpful and made our entire trip a lot more enjoyable.

One of the days we stayed we enjoyed a Hamman and full body massage followed by lunch – which we both agreed was the best meal we had while in Marrakech full of taste and flavor as compared to some of the popular tourist restaurants recommended on trip advisor! It was great to have both options in the luxury of the Riad and all at a great price!

The Riad is very conveniently located (that’s when you get your bearings of Marrakech).

We felt relaxed and welcomed and felt that the service as above and beyond what was expected and would highly recommend this Riad to anyone looking to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed October 12, 2013

It's not the easiest place to find and you will probably need help and a porter as it is not accessible by car. Once found it is like stepping into another world. We arrived late at night and had to leave the next morning but it was a welcome relief after having to drive through Marrakech at night. It was cool, extremely tranquil, beautiful to be there and clean. We had a suite which extended over two floors and it was clean and comfortable. The beds are hard but this seems to be the way of mattresses in Morocco. The breakfast was good. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. It is about 20 min walk from the Medina but despite its proximity to the mosque and Medina it was very quiet. Definitely consider staying there again if we are ever in Marrakech.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Balgownie
Yorkshire
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here with my son, and my parents. The riad is stunning and we felt like we were staying in a palace. We had the most wonderful holiday we have ever had. Not only were the riad staff so helpful and welcoming, the manager Mohammed spoke excellent English. We ate here every night, and the food was excellent and nicer than anywhere else we tried. We had breakfast on the roof terrace every morning which was wonderful. We booked one of the excursions on offer, to walk up the Atlas mountains and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. We found we were within walking distance of the main square and lots of other tourist sites which was fantastic,but I must admit we found it easier to call a taxi from the riad which were very reasonable rates. My son loved the room door which was an old fashioned padlock! A very caring hotel, who couldn't do enough. I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: All rooms are to a very high standard. There are some rooms on the ground floor for easy access, and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

As you approach the Riad, you are not quite sure what to expect, but, when you go through the door, you are very pleasantly surprised. You walk straight into a very beautiful place that has been restored to the highest standards. It is light, airy and very welcoming. Mohammed and his staff go out of their way to ensure that you have everything you need. Nothing is too much trouble at any time of the day or night. Even after we'd checked out, we were able to leave our bags, enjoy our day, then return and have a shower and a drink before heading off. Mohammed also went out of his way to drive us to the Coach Station. Only stayed a few days on this visit, but will definitely return next time we visit Marrakesh. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kate G
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Mohammed and his team go well out of their way to make you feel comftorble and welcome . The riad is stunning , the food excellent and everyone is very friendly . Mohammed helped me a lot when I was in marrakesh and went well out of his way to sort some specialist things I needed to buy . Thoroughly reccomended .

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Upon walking to the Riad Nasreen you are under the impression that it will be a small hotel through a walk way, but ring the bell on the large traditional wooden door and enter through and you find an amazing open space which is bright and airy with every attention to traditional detail accounted for. I should also mention that you are welcomed by the ever friendly Mohammed with a complimentary cup of mint tea and Moroccan biscuits!

This Riad is a sparkling gem within the Medina area of Marakech and is especially recommended if you are looking to compliment your visit to the ancient city with a traditional feel.

The rooms are clean and are decorated with Moroccan rugs and traditional plaster cast coving. The bathrooms are tiled in mosaic and are a quirky but welcome change to what one is usually used to.

The riad also features a roof too terrace with which you can relax on for breakfast or lunch in the sun or shade and there is also a small hammam on the ground floor if you are looking to relax after a long day.

The staff are friendly and always eager to help. They all speak English at varying degrees and try very hard to accommodate your needs.

I would highly recommend this Riad for the boutique rooms, friendly staff, traditional decor and prime location near the medina square. Thank you again to Mohammad for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013