“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Reves D'orient

You added Riad Reves D'orient to your Saves list
Riad Reves D'orient
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44 derd abib allah | Medina - quartier mouassine, Marrakech 44008, Morocco   |
Ranked #86 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Hamburg, Germany
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay over New Year's-the staff was the most welcoming and hospital we have ever experienced on our travels. The new years party was great fun with guests and staff dancing throughout the night. The rooms are very nicely decorated and clean. The roof terrace is amazing and you get served delicious mint tea and pastries complimentary all the time. The location is very central but still away from the noisy souk.
The downsides were that despite the relatively high room rates, toiletries (such as body lotion etc.) in the bathroom were not provided and a visit to the spa area was relatively pricey.
Overall we can very much recommend the Riad for a visit to vibrant Marrakech.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tenby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

A lovely calm and tranquil base from which to explore vibrant Marrakech. Highly decorative interior, and very welcoming and helpful staff. The sunny roof terrace with hot tub a real added bonus. Mustapha and staff a very friendly and happy team. Very kind to us - nothing was too much trouble, and the accomodation was very clean, with rooms cleaned to a high standard every day - much appreciated

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank calinpembs
St. Davids, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our five day stay over new year. Rooms (Saphir Suite) was great for my wife and myself plus the second room for our two teenagers gave us all plenty of personal space. Bathroom was spacious and very clean. Wi-fi was very good as well.
We used the roof terrace and hot tub each afternoon and Mustapha and the team were very keen to make sure we had all we needed and were having a great stay. The Riad is easy to find once Mustapha has pointed out the local landmarks to follow.
The sights and sounds just a minute from the door are amazing and it makes the peace and quite in the riad all the more special. We had a great dinner at the riad on our first night, choosing to experience other local eateries for the rest of our stay. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty.
There is occasionally some noise from within the Riad but not any problem or disturbing. I really cant think of anything that was not positive. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Saphir Suite Great for Families
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I really liked everything about my stay at Riad Reves d'Orient! The staff there are amazing;Mustapha, Youssef and AbdulHadi always made sure that we are having a great time. Samira and her sisters were very welcoming too.
Prior to our arrival, we informed the staff with all the activities that we would like to engage in during our stay in Marrakech. They did a great job with the organization and indeed we were able to enjoy all the activities. The breakfast was always ready at the time we previously agreed on. Overall, Riad Reve d'Orient was up to my expectations and all the reviews that I read here before arriving at Marrakech are indeed truthful and authentic. I would definitely stay there again during my next visit! Thank you Mustapha and the whole staff for the wonderful 3 days :-)

Ayat

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AyatSalah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My girlfriends and I recently stayed at the Riad Reves D'Orient in Marrakech in November 2013. Once we got over the initial trepidation of walking through many narrow endless lanes to reach the Riad, we were greeted by Samira and her team of capable staff. Immediately they made us feel special in their "home" giving us a lovely room to accomodate all 3 of us. We were then given a quick guide of how to get to and from the Riad to the main square. While this Riad is about 10 -15 minutes from the entrance and to the square, we soon found our feet and were quite at home here. Our new friends, especially the young and talented Youssef took great trouble to greet us everyday and to spend a few minutes with us each day.
Youssef is a charming young man with many talents. Funny, engaging, informative and downright helpful. Having someone like him, who speaks good English and with a good idea of Marrakech and Morocco in general, is invaluable!
The icing on the cake was the lovely hammam and massage performed by the girls at the Riad. Thank you for such a wonderful experience. Even the Chef went out of her way to make dinner the way we liked it!
I would definately encourage others to try out Samira and her wonderful Riads. The personal touches are indeed a gift!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank VTRAJAH
Forest Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at Samira Riad's location #44 from August 8, 2013 - August 16, 2013. I traveled to Morocco for pleasure and I am a 30 year professional from Forest Hills, New York. I traveled alone.

Any room at Samira Riad's is EXCELLENT! Granted she owns and operates 3 or 4 riad's and I stayed at #44, but all of the rooms in #44 were extremely nice, clean and cozy. I peaked in the other rooms when nobody was staying in them because the design and architecture of each room is unique and they were all gorgeous. All rooms have beautiful walk in marble showers which I thought were very cool by design. Rooms also come with electronic safes like you find in resort hotels, flat screen TVs, couches, ample closet space and wall AC units with remote controls. The staff is very attentive, they all speak English and are there for any questions you may have. If you need food they will prepare it fresh or if you have any questions about the city they can answer them. I even had my laundry done free of charge which was very nice of them and they had it washed, folded and back in my room within 24 hours.

My tour company My Moroccan Tours was in touch with the care takers at the riad and the staff was able to let me know what time and where I would meet my tour. They had breakfast prepared for me every morning based on the time that I told them I would wake. All the food is extremely fresh. Fresh bread, butter, jam, marmalade, orange juice, coffee or tea and eggs. Yogurt would be the only food item that was packaged. The location at #44 is VERY SAFE and VERY QUIET. The riad is located in the heart of the Medina which is the old city in Marrakech and where you would want to be. I was a 5-7 minute walk from Jamaa El Fna which is the main square in Marrakech. Shops and restaurants are located all throughout the streets on the way to the square. You can come back to the riad at any time during the night as the streets of Marrakech are VERY SAFE despite the narrow alleyways which being from Forest Hills, New York were a bit different from what I am used to seeing; but agagin ALL STREETS in the Medina are VERY SAFE. No one will bother you no matter what time it is.

I also want to state that you can lock your important items i.e. Travel documents, passports, money and suitcase in the riad while you embark on short terms trips to other areas of Morocco that require overnight stays and you will come back to find them as you left them. Your room will be cleaned just like if you were staying at a high end resort and all your personal belongings will be as you left them.

Pics of my room at #44 are below as well as other parts of the riad that I stayed. I highly recommend Samira Riad's to anyone interested in traveling to Marrakech. The staff is very professional and the service is superb. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Any room at Samira Riad's is nice. I stayed at location #44. Pictures below please read my des...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jared F
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

LOCATION: This riad is not close to a gate or super close to Djemaa el fna, but it is about a 15 minute walk from Bab Laksour (a gate into the medina) and 10-15 minutes from Djemaa el fna. On a main 'street' just outside derb abib Allah (the street entrance heading to the riad) is Café Arabe and a few other restaurants are only a few minutes away. There are souk-like shops just a few minutes away, closer than Djemaa el fna and the major souks. The first time you learn the route to the riad, it is super easy to find.

BEDROOM: We stayed in Suite Saphir. It is smaller than it appears in the photos. The room with two beds was difficult to regulate the air conditioner in such a small room. It was either super warm or cold. The staff is very helpful in assisting you to adjust the air conditioner though. The room is very dim, but this is typical of all riads. The décor is absolutely beautiful. There are lots of hand carvings all over, including around the door way and furniture. Very extravagant.

BATHROOM: The bathroom was very spacious. It included a toilet, shower, two sinks and a bidet. No different from many Moroccan sinks and drains, the water is slow to drain; and the(detachable) shower head is low pressure. There is lots of hot water available. They provide you with lots of fresh towels.

BREAKFAST: Breakfast is prepared fresh for you. Most of it is the same every day with bread, jams, yogurt, fresh orange juice, mint tea, coffee, sometimes egg etc.

WI-FI: Wi-Fi reception on my laptop was excellent from inside the room.

TV: A tv was available in the room but the reception was not good, so the tv was of no use. All the stations were in Arabic or French.

STAFF: When we arrived the staff sat down with us and made small talk. We thought that was nice because it made us feel like they had a genuine interest in us. They served us mint tea and biscuits. They explained the map to us, and even walked us out to help us with directions to djemaa el fna. When we wanted them to recommend a restaurant for dinner, a staff walked nearly 20 minutes plus with us so we wouldn't get lost. They even helped us with laundry arrangements. Whenever we had any issues, they resolved it. Whenever we had any questions or requests, they were there for us. They never had a negative response. It seemed they were ready to accomodate anything. The staff take great pride in their riad and their work. Our thanks to Mustapha, Ghizlan and Samira.

We recommend this riad.