“What a delight!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Reves D'orient

You added Riad Reves D'orient to your Saves list
Riad Reves D'orient
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44 derd abib allah | Medina - quartier mouassine, Marrakech 44008, Morocco   |
Ranked #86 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This ryad is exceptionally well located (once you find it) near the souks and within very easy walking distance to the Place Jemaa el Fna. It is one of the most charming and luxurious ryads we stayed in during our 3-week visit to Morocco, with a wonderfully warm and helpful staff (including helping with dietary restrictions at breakfast). We would definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank An0nym0us4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here during late June early July. We couldn't have asked for more. We we're treated like royalty. The owners sister looked after us throughout are stay, and was just so sweet and attentive. The breakfast was extravagant and scrumptious. The riad itself was truly beautiful. It was obvious so much time had been invested in the interior. One evening we got back after dinner and wanted a dip in the jacuzzi, they rushed to turn it on and gave us complementary robes along with a pot of green tea. This was a much needed retreat after the maze of souks. At the end of our stay she arranged us our Bus to our next destination, her son also guided us to the taxis and negotiated a far price. I can honestly say this is the best places I've stayed. Highly recommended to everyone

Room Tip: We were the only ones there bar one evening, and she showed us the other rooms. I imagine there woul...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I spent a couple of nights in this riad. My room was wonderful and the bathroom was a good size and included amenities such as a hairdryer (not all riads have them), lovely rose scented soap and fluffy towels. The bed was very comfortable, the riad was quiet and I slept very well there.
I had breakfast on the lovely roof terrace one day and another day on the ground floor just so I could experience the different areas of the riad; all where delightful. I felt very at home here and would not hesitate to recommend this riad.
The main square is only about 10 minutes away and I suggest that the first time you go there from the riad, ask one of the staff to walk you there so you know how to get around the streets of the medina. ALL medinas can be a challenge at first but once you get the hang of the streets and look for your landmarks of where to turn it is easy. Also take the address card from the riad and their phone # in case you need to call and ask for help to get back. There are public phone boxes in the main square. Day one I was a little turned around and missed my turn off to get back to the riad but I asked someone for directions and they helped; I had walked 10 feet past the turn off. I felt silly but the locals where very helpful. After day one I was easily able to find my way to the square, back to the riad and to a few other places. My trick is to take a photo of a landmark at each turn so I have something to reference should I need to. Luckily I didn't need to but doing this made me take notice of my surroundings. It is also helpful in any medina in any city to hire a guide for a couple of hours so they can show you around and help you get acquainted with the area.
On the main lane near this road is a great restaurant called Cafe Arabe. Fabulous for lunch or dinner.
In summation, Samira and her family will take care of you at Riad Reves D'orient and I hope you enjoy your stay there as much as I did. I will stay there again when I visit Marrakech.
I spent 13 days traveling around the country of Morocco so if you need any help or suggestions, please message me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cultdiva
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this Riad for a night and have to say was very disappointed given our previous experience with a Riad in Marrakech. The room we were was so dark you could barely see anything in the room. The rooms are clean, but on the whole it is extremely overpriced for what it has to offer. Don't bother with the 'spa', I would find an actual spa where there are trained masseuses. Their 'pool' is just a jacuzzi on the roof. The upside is that the staff is lovely, and it is located close to the souks and the main square.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Aveens
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a long overdue review of Riad Reves D'Orient. We were at this Riad last December and can only tell you that from Samira, the owner to the cook, cleaning staff and all we received the best service and care we have ever received at a hotel.

Samira ensured that Mustafa guided us through the narrow, mysterious alleys and streets and throughout the city. It was not included in our stay, it was out of the goodness of her heart. Needless to say that we felt very special.

The room was adorable, we felt we were living a fantasy story out of a book.

No details escaped Samira and her team. The food was fantastic, dinners were very special and set up in a way to make friends from all over the world.

Please do not miss having a massage with the girls at the riad, very inexpensive and wonderful.
Speaking of massages, Samira made sure we were able to buy authentic argan oil and spices to bring back with us home.

The belly dancing shows are very good, you need to watch Samira dance the night away.

All in all, we highly recommend staying at this riad with Samira and her team. We are looking forward to our next trip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank CitizenoftheAir
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Marrakech medina is a horrid tourist trap with lots of bicycles and motorcycles zooming down the narrow alleys. You are constantly on guard from getting run over and the shops in the medina are tacky, Fes is the place to go if you want to see a lived-in medina. The only people living in the Marrakech medina are those working there.

I stayed on the ground floor of this Riad for 3 days. My air conditioner did not work and I asked three differently people about getting it fixed. Each person gave me a confused look like they weren't aware of the problem (it is a small Riad), tried to fix it with the aircon remote and then said they would let the manager know (he gave me a confused look as well when I enquired). On the third night I changed rooms. The hotel looked clean but the shower room smelt like sewage and the shower and sink did not drain well. This dar is overpriced considering the quality of hotels outside the Medina (La Renaissance hotel is amazing and marginally cheaper with better everything).

After one day within the Medina we were bored senseless and just wanted to escape the tackiness of the place and the inadequacy of the Riad. Marrakech is not the place to stay in a Riad if you want to stay in a Medina, go to Fes for that.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, avoid the ground floor. It is extraordinarily noisy (you will hear the doorb...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Christian H
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

A truly Moroccan feel. Amazing with amazing and helpful staff. Samira the owner will always point u in the right direction and give u suggestion and is happy to organise it for u. Just ensure u call her before arrival so she can organise a guide and trolley for baggage as u will get lost on your way as the raid is in small alley ways but don't let this scare u. The only issue we had is that in the whole of morocco they do not exchange Australian dollars.

• Stayed June 2012