Breakfast with fresh orange juice on the rooftop of this Riad is great. From the rooftop there is a clear view over the city up to the Koutubia.
After our delayed flight, we parked the car conveniently near the pharmacy opposite the entrance of the Lycee Lalla Aouda Saadia. Were couldn't locate the riad at first. We called were fetched within a minute by Muhammed. Although it was very late, we had a great meal in the riad and felt very welcome.
Muhammed is a great and very charming guy from Senegal, who works all day to make the stay of every guest as good as possible. Food is great and the ambiance is wonderful.
The riad is a 15 minute walk to the Jamna el Fna thru narrow alleys. Allthough very busy, we always felt safe.
The riad itself is a very quiet oasis in a busy city. Every day some roseflower leafs were left in the room by the maids.
Some practical recommendations:
- I was very glad I bought a cheap prepaid SIM card at the airport on arrival.
- We paid the old guard near the hotel some dirhams each day to look after our rental car. Muhammed knows the regular rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riad la rose d’orient will receive you in a traditional ambiance of the riads in the magical red city.You will be taken by the magical aspects of the place , sculptured materials by local craftsmen, mosaiques ,gibes stone, wood , flashing lights of the thousand and one night, harmony of colors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad La Rose D'Orient reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.