“KESH13”

and 1 more site!
Riad Timila
Ranked #13 of 294 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went for a weeks long break at the end of the summer just before everyone jetted off to uni. the house is an oasis of calm amongst the hustle and bustle of the city. the staff were FANTASTIC catering to your every need, the riad manager Brahim is knowledgeable and took care took care of us expertly, whether it was booking a taxi to the Atlas Mountains for a day of 'culture' or simply helping us find the best shop to buy djellabas (traditional Moroccan robe).

I will definitely be coming again......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Oscar E
There are newer reviews for Riad Timila

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a wonderful week staying at Riad Timila. The staff were excellent and very helpful. Brahim sorted everything for us including booking all taxis and Ismael was brilliant around the Riad making sure everything was immaculate at all times, and was always smiling. All the bedrooms are very well decorated and are spacious with large and comfortable bathrooms, as well as being cleaned every day. The roof terrace is a fantastic place to lie in the sun on the sun loungers and the plunge pool is perfect for cooling down after being up on the roof. The food was outstanding all week with great variety and I really enjoyed eating on the roof terrace each night with the stars overhead. The Riad is a very short walk from the souk, with the alleys being easily navigable and come the end of the week I felt very comfortable finding my way by myself, but Brahim is always on hand to offer advice on where to go or to take you to the souk and show you around. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend Riad Timila!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank FMDA94
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A truly lovely Riad in an amazing city. I can only concur with other posts that your stay here will be very special, photographs cannot do justice to the beautiful interiors. The lighting is fabulous, but I think I will remember the shadows more. Brahim and his team work so hard to ensure that your stay is whatever you want it to be. Our visit coincided with Ramadan and a heatwave, even by Moroccan standards, which meant we were very Riad based, but they coped charmingly with all eleven of us. Thank you Riad Timila for a memorable 50th birthday banquet and even a surprise birthday cake with 'Happy Birthday' in Arabic, so thoughtful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, I would happily stay in any of them
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Claire W
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Riad Timila is a beautiful and stylish house set in the heart of the Medina, each bedroom uniquely and tastefully decorated. We were a party of 10 so had exclusive use, which worked really well and it felt like we were staying in someone's house. The manager Brahim couldn't have been more accommodating and nothing was too much trouble - he has excellent local knowledge so can arrange restaurant bookings, taxis, guides etc with zero fuss. He was extremely welcoming and comes with a lovely smiley sense of humour ! Brahim's team were wonderful too, and we enjoyed delicious Moroccan lunches and dinners on the terrace, the food was first class. The Riad's website accurately describes this heavenly place. I would highly recommend it and would stay again at the drop of a hat.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Juliet S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went to Riad Timila in May with some friends, we had a fantastic time and the riad was stunning. All of the staff were so helpful and could not have been more accommodating. Brahim organised transport for us to visit the Marjorilee Gardens as well as other sights and advised on places we should visit which was so useful.
We loved all the decor of the riad, each room was so unique and interesting. Spending afternoons on the roof terrace was an ideal way to relax and the food was absolutely delicious, we were truly spoilt!
I would urge anyone going to Marrakesh to stay at Riad Timila!

Room Tip: Each room is beautiful and en suite.
2  Thank AliceWig
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The first time I went to Marrakesh I stayed in a hotel outside the old town as I thought this was the only place to stay in luxury. I spent the whole time venturing into the souk every day to get some culture/atmosphere, go shopping and experience good food (spending too much money on taxi’s). The second time - I did it right and went to Riad Timila. It was such a shock to walk off one of the winding streets in the souk to find paradise behind. The pictures don’t do it justice it really is a beautiful place and the location is perfect. With everything on your doorstep you have plenty of time to see the sights but also relax - the terrace is idyllic and a great place to get a tan. I can’t praise the staff enough, they were incredibly friendly and helpful and the food was utterly delicious. I am already planning my trip next year.

1  Thank Alexandra L
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Riad Timila is somewhere you will not forget quickly, everything about the place was just magical. One would never have guessed such a peaceful place could be so close to the hustle and bustle of the Medina and Souk. Brahim and everyone couldn't have been more welcoming and were always on hand to help out whenever they could. An absolutely beautiful place with charming bedrooms all decorated in their unique way. Days spent on the roof terrace in the sun munching on delicious food - heaven can not even describe it. A must stay and of course a must return next year.

1  Thank dibs88