“My first time - Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dar Jaguar

and 1 more site!
Dar Jaguar
Ranked #291 of 1,186 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“My first time - Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

You would never believe that this romantic and quiet Riad is 30 seconds away from the Medina.
I never imagined that a beautiful place like this existed.
As soon as I walked into the amazing courtyard of this Riad, I had the instant feeling of relaxation. The staff were so welcoming and friendly,that it felt as though I was visiting friends.
We stayed in one of the immaculately themed rooms with a marble bath to die for...I couldn't wait to have a comfortable soak in the deep tub and not having to worry about who would get the tap end!
The serenity was overwhelming and the attention to each little detail of the room and Riad was perfection.
Dar Jaguars staff were attentive, accomodating and great chefs! If you wanted coffee in your room, up on the panoramic roof terrace or even in the dining room, just had to say the word.
We stayed for 5 nights....it wasn't enough.
We'll be back there, sooner rather than later.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank DG1971

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had a fantastic stay Dar Jaguar. It is located on a very quiet street in the heart of the Medina. It is a beautiful riad, immaculately clean, beautifully decorated, serves delicious food, and boasts warm and caring staff. We could not have asked for a better holiday. The soaking tub in our room was a real treat too! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eah923
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've never stayed anywhere that took some much care over us. What superlatives cover a hotel manager (Fatiha) that walks one of your 10 year old boys through the souks hand in hand in search of the best knives and spices, books you all the best restaurants at the last minute, takes you to the best places to shop, and is then sympathetic when you haven't got as good prices as she would have done....?

The riad is lovely; traditional decoration recently done, with 5 rooms on the ground and first floors round a courtyard, very comfy, with beautiful bathrooms with deep plaster baths, perfect breakfasts on the roof terrace - cinnamon toast to die for. It's 100 yards from the east side of the main souk, hidden down a wide side alley from one of the main walkways, so quiet but safe.

We've been to Marakesh before and couldn't recommend this more highly.

Room Tip: I think there are only 5 rooms - we had 3 - all lovely. One of the ones on the ground floor had huge...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gareth R
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

A last minute decision to visit Marrakech for New Year left us desperately looking for accomodation. After looking everywhere, we found Dar Jaguar had had an 11th hour cancelation. So we booked it by default.

We arrived quite late in Marrakech, overwhelmed and excited. Lucia arranged for us to be taken from the airport by taxi then to Dar Jaguar by the riad's kind heavy-lifting wheelbarrow man.

We arrived to an open fire in the State of Grace suite and were completely gobamacked. The photography on the website is not in anyway romanticized. It's exactly what it appears to be: perfect.

We were directed to La Marrakechi for dinner, where our guide said "Dar Jaguar" and we managed to get a table immediately. Lucia seems to have good contacts.

Breakfast on the rooftop was simple and delicious. House manager Fatiah and her sister were very obliging to my dietary requirements.

The Dar Jaguar guide to Marrakech is an invaluable resource, and by reading it we were fortunate to avoid the pitfalls of Marrakech and see its beauty. The location is perfect. Maybe 3 minutes walk to Jamaa el Fna. Very easy to find.

Fatiha offered to organize trips for us but all we wanted to do was relax at the riad, and venture into the souks every so often. She realized that we wanted privacy and we were given it in abundance, but were still offered exceptional service. An ideal balance.

For New Year we had a banquet on the rooftop which although not cheap, was the most romantic way to spend an evening. The food was superb.

I have absolutely nothing but praise for this riad.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank JIBFRENCH
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been to Marrakech several times and love the whole riad, rather than hotel, experience.
Dar Jaguar really has something extra special. We arrived in the early evening and the courtyard had been fragranced with frankincense and lit with what felt like hundreds of atmospheric candles around the stunning fountain that they had filled with roses… The staff prepared one of the best meals we have had at any riad that night and when we went back to our exotic suite, Babylonian Vamp, they had even put hot water bottles in our beds as it was a chilly night.
We came to expect a simpler service at such smaller family-run riads – especially when they are a fraction of the price of the hotels – but Dar Jaguar really delivered over and above our expectations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eric S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Me and my friends booked this in the last minute and what gem it turned out to be! Words can't express how madly in love I fell with this place! And that's due to a history of mediocre experiences from hotels that look lavish but never, ever deliver.

The riad is utterly beautiful. You can really tell that it's not just something somebody put together out of an interior design book, there is real culture and history crafted within its design with inspiration taken from Dance, Art and Literature.

Above all, the staff! God they were a real delight So warm and welcoming (with great communication skills might I add as they could speak English) and willing to help and facilitate every step of the way.

I think the thing that me and my friends were most impressed with was how we contacted Dar Jaguar, and within days they organized EVERYTHING! I told them what we liked, what we might be looking for and we had a personalised itinerary made that encapsulated the very best of Marrakech.

I don't think I've comeback from a holiday so thrilled and inspired! And I'll do it all over again!

Love it!

Room Tip: Whichever one you like the look off! Because they're ALL incredible and live up to their picture...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shakela U
Leicestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Dar Jaguar; arriving in the square you are greeted by a porter who takes you to the riad, upon entering you are met with a little oasis in the middle of the madness of the souks. Mint tea on arrival in the courtyard was the perfect introduction to Marrakech.

Fatima was exceptional in her management of the riad, basically she works tirelessly and nothing is ever to much trouble. The rooms and riad are very clean and a beautiful retreat. Only one point to note was that the rooms/beds were a little on the small side in our room, but this definately should not detract from this great find. Would recommend to anyone wanting to sample great hospitality and location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family