Dar Jaguar
Riad Hizad(Marrakech)
Riad Dar Eliane(Marrakech)
Riad Meriem(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrace suitethe hustle and bustlethe main squarecopper bathroof terraceeach morningstunning decorplunge poolperfect locationroyal suitefour poster beddelightful riadenjoyed our staycooking lessondelicious mint tearose petalsfresh fruit
Reviewed January 1, 2013

A last minute decision to visit Marrakech for New Year left us desperately looking for accomodation. After looking everywhere, we found Dar Jaguar had had an 11th hour cancelation. So we booked it by default.

We arrived quite late in Marrakech, overwhelmed and excited. Lucia arranged for us to be taken from the airport by taxi then to Dar Jaguar by the riad's kind heavy-lifting wheelbarrow man.

We arrived to an open fire in the State of Grace suite and were completely gobamacked. The photography on the website is not in anyway romanticized. It's exactly what it appears to be: perfect.

We were directed to La Marrakechi for dinner, where our guide said "Dar Jaguar" and we managed to get a table immediately. Lucia seems to have good contacts.

Breakfast on the rooftop was simple and delicious. House manager Fatiah and her sister were very obliging to my dietary requirements.

The Dar Jaguar guide to Marrakech is an invaluable resource, and by reading it we were fortunate to avoid the pitfalls of Marrakech and see its beauty. The location is perfect. Maybe 3 minutes walk to Jamaa el Fna. Very easy to find.

Fatiha offered to organize trips for us but all we wanted to do was relax at the riad, and venture into the souks every so often. She realized that we wanted privacy and we were given it in abundance, but were still offered exceptional service. An ideal balance.

For New Year we had a banquet on the rooftop which although not cheap, was the most romantic way to spend an evening. The food was superb.

I have absolutely nothing but praise for this riad.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been to Marrakech several times and love the whole riad, rather than hotel, experience.
Dar Jaguar really has something extra special. We arrived in the early evening and the courtyard had been fragranced with frankincense and lit with what felt like hundreds of atmospheric candles around the stunning fountain that they had filled with roses… The staff prepared one of the best meals we have had at any riad that night and when we went back to our exotic suite, Babylonian Vamp, they had even put hot water bottles in our beds as it was a chilly night.
We came to expect a simpler service at such smaller family-run riads – especially when they are a fraction of the price of the hotels – but Dar Jaguar really delivered over and above our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eric S
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Me and my friends booked this in the last minute and what gem it turned out to be! Words can't express how madly in love I fell with this place! And that's due to a history of mediocre experiences from hotels that look lavish but never, ever deliver.

The riad is utterly beautiful. You can really tell that it's not just something somebody put together out of an interior design book, there is real culture and history crafted within its design with inspiration taken from Dance, Art and Literature.

Above all, the staff! God they were a real delight So warm and welcoming (with great communication skills might I add as they could speak English) and willing to help and facilitate every step of the way.

I think the thing that me and my friends were most impressed with was how we contacted Dar Jaguar, and within days they organized EVERYTHING! I told them what we liked, what we might be looking for and we had a personalised itinerary made that encapsulated the very best of Marrakech.

I don't think I've comeback from a holiday so thrilled and inspired! And I'll do it all over again!

Love it!

Room Tip: Whichever one you like the look off! Because they're ALL incredible and live up to their pictures!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shakela U
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Dar Jaguar; arriving in the square you are greeted by a porter who takes you to the riad, upon entering you are met with a little oasis in the middle of the madness of the souks. Mint tea on arrival in the courtyard was the perfect introduction to Marrakech.

Fatima was exceptional in her management of the riad, basically she works tirelessly and nothing is ever to much trouble. The rooms and riad are very clean and a beautiful retreat. Only one point to note was that the rooms/beds were a little on the small side in our room, but this definately should not detract from this great find. Would recommend to anyone wanting to sample great hospitality and location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bumble2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Riad was lovely the interior quite an assault on the senses if you have never experienced anything like this before which I had not and very true to the likeness of the photographs on trip advisor. Fatima the house manger was very helpful produced delicious mint tea on arrival and wonderful breakfasts and dinners under a sunny or starry sky on the terrace. It is centrally located to the Souks and Jemma Square which makes it an excellent location to explore from. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The only negative thing was the interior of my room I stayed in the Blue Peirot room which was nothing like the pictures on the internet it turned out to be green and tired with peeling paint and missing tiles, the mattress was very hard and uncomfortable and the duvet inadequate for the cooler night temperatures. Just be aware noise gets trapped inside the Riad and the smallest sound travels especially during the night.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the ground floor as I did, higher floors would experience less noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple