“White Linen Moroccan Food”
Review of La Cour des Lions

La Cour des Lions
Ranked #152 of 917 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Cour des Lions is a Moroccan gastronomic restaurant, located on the 3rd floor of the Palace Es Saadi. The Bauchet-Bouhlal family and the Chef Fatéma Hal, famous ambassador of Moroccan gastronomy, invite you to an unforgettable gustative journey through a Moroccan but forgotten cuisine. Succumb to the true Mourouzia’s flavours, long simmered lamb shank with raisins, juice of dates and the sublime Es Saadi Ras El Hanout spice mix: a succulent salty sweet union!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were at Cour des Lions in December. Shoulder season in Marrakech, so fewer tourists in town. We ate relatively early, so we were the only couple in the restaurant. (Maybe, three or four couples towards the end – made me wonder about the restaurant).

La Cour des Lions serves excellent food and service is great. The restaurant has a French menu and a Moroccan menu. So you can mix-and-match your dinner. I had a selection from the Moroccan menu and the food was wonderful. Super flavorful. The best Moroccan I had during my trip in Marrakech. I really enjoyed having great Moroccan cuisine with white table linen. They had some musicians playing music and the staff was very helpful, providing great service. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay at the Es Saadi Hotel and both times there were just a handful of other diners. Why, I can't fathom. If this restaurant was in the UK, it would have a waiting list. You take the elevator in the Palace Hotel reception to the third floor and are led from a beautiful reception area into a stunning restaurant with beautiful decor, authentic Moroccan musician and fabulous linen and place settings. You can mix and match traditional Moroccan cuisine with more modern European dishes and everything we had, both visits, was superb. Unfortunately both times we were too full for dessert. The service was fine and I didn't realise before reading other reviews that they have a Michellin Star, but I'm not at all surprised.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We booked a table here during our recent rip to celebrate my wife's birthday. The night before we had eaten at a stall on the main square in the Medina, and for the last evening I thought it might be appropriate to go for somewhere a bit more upscale, which this certainly was.

We chose from the Carte Creation, which takes local produce and applies the kind of over the top presentation that you'd have found in France about five years ago. There are some daft combinations - raspberries in the gazpacho, carrot and tomato with the dessert, but ignoring those it's really good. The grapefruit jelly with raw prawns worked really well, for example, and the aubergine puree I had with my starter was mindblowing. Overall, the style is refined French Haute Cuisine applied to local ingredients and flavours, and it works very well.

Service was discreet but very attentive; being a Wednesday in December we were the only folks there however the staff clearly knew what they were doing and I have a feeling it would have been just as good if they were full.

Good value, too, apart from the £20 a glass for standard non-vintage champagne

1  Thank berkshire_nomads
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Visited the restaurant mainl due to its proximity to where we were staying (hivernage) and its Michelin star.
Did not disappoint, excellent menu, chefs degustation, and good service. Try it!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Michelin starred food in a fantastic setting
service was very good with beautiful music playing in the background
fusion food and Moroccan food served and cooked to perfection
why this is ranked where it is i will never know
i know quality when i see and taste it and this had it in abundance.
i must for any food lover visiting Marrakech.
a three minute £2 taxi ride from the main square the best money you will ever spend.