Dar Rhizlane(Marrakech)
$327
$231
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

Riad Jaaneman(Marrakech)
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$353
$202
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

$387
Hotels.com
$402
$378
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $438/night.

La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$233
$225
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $320/night.

$251
$202
HotelsClick
  • Pool
$465
$430
Cancelon
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $532/night.

$1,037
$1,004
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,376/night.

All reviewsmint teaclose to the main squarecommon areasnice breakfastroof terracelate at nightold cityan oasishookahvaluablesrooftopselmap
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Stayed in this Riad for 4 nights recently with adult children. The staff and owners of this hostel are amazing - very helpful and nothing was a trouble.
Unfortunately, the bathrooms and toilets leave a lot to be desired. The shower on the middle level flooded, the toilet flooded and then was unavailable so we had to go up to the next floor to use the facilities. No hot water tap in the sinks are surely not hygenic and the beds are incredibly uncomfortable. Would hate to stay there in summer - it would be unbearably hot, even though each room had a fan. The lighting wasn't great either, but that's a minor thing. Breakfast was really nice and despite reading a couple of reviews to the contrary, our bedding was clean. The position of the Riad is fantastic and we absolutely loved Marrakech.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2010

This hostel must really be closed and very soon, the health of the travellers depends on that.

It's so dirty : bedbugs, some others awful insects on the table of the breakfast, they maybe forget to pay the bill of the electricity, there is no light in the room and around...

The decent breakfast can't make forgotten to the people the poorness of the services. There is no bathroom..it's not a bathroom or if it's one, i never got a bathroom by the past which is flooded in the room itself , there is no hot water, no internet.

The Personnal are incompetent, and totally vulgar and unpolite...not kind at all...No quality and not worth for the money...
They succeed to make me hating Marrakech...

Even if they offer me a night free, i would never go back there...

I try to say that i am really a traveller, my night in the desert in a tent was even better than in this poor hostel.

I forget to tell that this poor hostel is almost impossible to find if you have no guide and better maybe not to find it...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank puppet42
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I am still asking how so many people can enjoy this kind of poor place. This one is called Riad, it has nothing from it...
The bathroom is we can call this a bathroom was flooded, there was no light in it, and a tiny one in the room, maybe to hide the dirtyness of the bedshits. Ths staff is totally arrogant and just unpleasant at all..
We booked a night and pay a room to let our staff safe during our excursion, they put away our staff, and even broked some of my hats,give my room i have paid for to some others clients. I have crossed all Europe, All the cities in MArocco, i never see a place such disgussting in my life... Next clients, don't be tricks by all the best reviews. If you want to get Bedbugs, it's the place...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caramel023
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I have stayed in hostels throughout the world - Australia, Prague, Croatia, Poland, Germany, Hungary, UK, America and Canada to name but a few countries. I am no stranger to hostelling and I accept that some places might be dirty, unsecure and noisy - it's part and parcel of the hostelling experience and you just live with it. A bit of dirt/noise/ lack of security is fine when the other elements are ok, you accept and move on.

However, when ALL of the elements combine, that is when you have a serious problem.
I have stayed in some seriously shonky places but, hands down, this is the absolute worst place I have ever stayed in my life.

I usually don't bother to comment on my accommodation experiences but this was truly awful and nearly put me off hostelling for life (luckily a decent hostel recently restored my faith and reassured me that some hostels do have doors and clean sheets)

I appreciate that it is a little strange that I am posting this review a good few months after my stay but, having just returned from a trip where I stayed in some decent hostels, I felt compelled to comment upon my experience at Riad Rouge which had nearly put me off hostelling for life.

Upon arrival my two friends and I were allocated the fateful 'downstairs room'. Having read other reviews on Hostelworld and TripAdvisor, it seems as if this room garners the most complaints. There are no windows, no lock on the door, no bathroom door and a very strong smell of damp. There were 3 single beds and what amounted to a baby's cot for my 25 year old friend to sleep in.

When I asked if we could move to a room with normal sized single beds we were told that nothing was available, despite booking the accommodation a good six weeks or so in advance. As we couldn't lock the door we had to to take all of our valuable out with us when we went out to explore the area (this is pretty standard in all hostels to be fair, but not being able to lock the door is not great.)

When we returned we couldn't actually get into our room because the Atlas Mountain trip group was having a briefing outside the door and their bags were piled up against it, so we had to hang around for half an hour or so. No big deal but I desperately needed to use the toilet so I went off in search of communal facilities. I found two toilets on the roof, only one of which had a small scrap of toilet paper in.

On my trip up to the roof I also found several people sleeping in the corridors and discovered that we were actually lucky to have a door, as most people had sheets or towels in the doorway instead.

When I got into my bed (and my slender chum crawled into her child sized bed) I was dismayed to discover that the pillow was absolutely filthy and had clearly not been washed for a very long time. The sheets were also in a similar condition and the bed was very uncomforatble. Again, I appreciate that you get what you pay for and that most hostel pillows and mattresses are a bit pants, but is it really too much to ask for clean sheets?

The ground floor room is also near to the front door. There is no key to the front door so guests were pressing the buzzer at all hours getting in and out. Very noisy. This, coupled with the unlockable door and filthy bedding was too much to bear.

After approximately 3 hours sleep we checked out the next day and went and found a clean, secure and comfortable place to stay. I have never ever done this before. When I've stayed in shonky accommodation in the last I've 'manned up' and got on with it. But I really could not have stayed a moment longer.

As the review from scottandelaine states, I was also baffled to read so many positive reviews online. However as the owners point out, it is all a matter of opinion.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Flying into Marrakesh we booked a taxi through the hostel to come collect us. I would highly recommend this to anyone as the riad is quite complicated to find if you don't know where your going. Fran and Ali were extremely welcoming allowing us to settle in with great ease. The riad was centrally located only 5-10 mins from the main square. It was filled with character and was a great place to relax, especially the rooftop at night. Great value for money. We also book an excursion to the Sahara desert, 2 days 1 night. Had a great time and again great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple