“Perfect, so friendly and helpful - will return!”

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge
Ranked #24 of 295 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My friend and I stayed here for a week and had the best holiday. The riad has a wonderful charm as soon as you enter and you are made to feel welcome instantly.
Throughout our stay everyone who works here gave us great advice and couldn't have been more helpful. The roof terrace is a lovely place to relax and sip some Moroccan tea and it's also a perfect place to meet like-minded people.

We met lots of wonderful travellers with great stories to exchange and this made the trip even more special. I could not recommend this place more! Thanks to everyone for a magical experience, I will be back and so will my friend! Oh yes and the location is great too, near to the square and the souks...thanks guys, Merci, Shokran! Shelley and Louise xx

There are newer reviews for Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Reviewed May 19, 2010

Although the location is perfect and Riad Rouge is a wonderful place to meet people I wouldn't recommend it. Our room wasn't clean. The room was smelly (damp) and there was no light in de bathroom. The mattress was very old and had to many 'holes' in it. We also had a little flooding because we used the shower a bit to long (wet luggage as a result). We had booked for three nights but left one night earlier because of the bad condition of the room, nevertheless paying for three nights because we booked for three nights.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pjotter
Reviewed May 14, 2010

My parents and I spent three nights at this brilliant hostel during our first trip to Morocco. Literally from the moment we walked in, the friendly and welcoming atmosphere was obvious. The staff, especially Fran & Ali, are just so accommodating, helpful, and warm. The common room is fab, you end up chatting to people from all over the world, sharing a mint tea (or shisha...) and travel stories. The roof top terrace is brilliant, with sun during the day and a beautiful dusk view over the rooftops of Marrakech by evening. And there are the most adorable pet tortoises there..! Location wise, it is brilliant, a 5 minute walk through the bustling street to the main square. It is also a very safe hostel and area, I went out on my own a few times and never once felt unsafe, and routinely felt secure enough to leave my door unlocked (and I NEVER do that). All in all, if you are looking for a 5 star resort with beautiful amenities and/or you want time out just to yourself, this hostel may not be for you. But if you want a beautifully presented place to stay, where you are made to feel like you are at home, you can meet the friendliest of people, and feed tortoises lettuce, then you definitely want to stay here! I would absolutely stay there again. Thank you so much Fran & Abdullah!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This hotel is just a 2 minute walk from the Djemaa el Fna square and there are beautiful views from the roof-top terrace. Fran and Abdullah are amazing, and they make your stay there relaxing and way more than just enjoyable. They helped us decide on a trip to do and when we did they booked it for us and took us to the meet-up point themselves in the morning! The hotel itself is beautiful, a huge Moroccan house with a roof-top terrace and a big dining/socializing area on the first floor where you can drink mint tea all day. (and the tea is free) The showers/bathrooms are on the roof (all enclosed), but that just made the hostel that much cuter in my opinion. It's always warm, so that wasn't a problem at all. I can't wait to go back to Morocco, and when I do I'll definitely be staying here.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

I LOVED my stay at the Hotel Riad Marrakech Rouge! Fran, the woman who runs this riad, is amazing and so helpful. She took the time to describe the best places to check out in Marrakech and get us breakfast and mint tea the moment we arrived, even though it was 6:30 in the morning! She also helped us arrange an overnight trip to the Sahara. The rest of the staff were also incredibly friendly which made our experience here so wonderful. The building itself is absolutely beautiful with a rooftop terrace and a common room with breakfast in the morning and hookah/shisha at night. Also, the location is perfect, very close to the main square and other sights. Whenever I return to Marrakech in the future I will without a doubt be staying here!

1  Thank appleorchard2
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed here for seven days with friends it was great,all staff were very friendly got addicted to mint tea which was free flowing 24/7. Close to main square (Place Jamaa el fna) recommend day to Eureka Valley very Beautiful place this can be arranged at the Riad with Fran.
Sit in a nice cafe in the main square and relax its the best way to take it all in,most of the cafes have Terraces that look over the square.
Don't be afraid to haggle they love it.
Be aware of boys around the streets asking where you want to be when looking lost they will ask to guide you and wil be very persistent and will want paying we learned that the first night giving 100dh for a short walk we only wanted somewhere for food your best off asking a shop owner.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We got the address for this hotel through an email I received on the train to Marrakech. We chose it by mere chance and I must say that we were extremely lucky!!!

THIS HOSTEL IS AN EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY IN MARRAKECH! Super cheap and amazing hospitality!!! Fran and Abdullah (the owners) make you feel at home since the first second you are there as well as the rest of the staff!!!

Whoever stays here has to keep in mind that it is a HOSTEL... with an S. So you have to be prepared to share bathrooms, shower, social areas, etc. But it is part of what makes the place so charming.

The prices are ridiculously good and they include breakfast and a cup of Moroccan tea every single time you come back from a walk around the Medina.

Don't let yourself be intimidated by the dark little streets leading to the hostel. It's only part of the charm of the Medina and an important part of your Moroccan experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends