“All in all a good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adama Resort

Adama Resort
Ranked #187 of 1,177 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Buckingham
“All in all a good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We have just returned from a short break at the Adama. It is a little piece of solitude from the madness of Marrakech itself. The rooms are modern and large giving it a home from home feel. Each has its own private area/garden/patio which is really nice. There is fairly good free Wi-Fi coverage. The pool area was never too busy and on the whole the staff are very friendly and helpful (with the exception of a couple of reception staff – especially the night reception who did not deal with us very sympathetically when we complained about the noise from the ‘disco’). The sunbeds nearby the spa are very quiet should you need to get away from the main pool. We had a massage in the spa – which was a wonderful way to end the break.

Positives:
It’s away from the town
There is a frequent shuttle bus to the Medina
Staff and service is great.
Rooms – spacious and private.

Could do better:
We had Bed, Breakfast and Dinner – meals were a little variable in quality – but breakfast had a wide variety.
Some rooms are at the back near the entertainment area (ours included!) which is VERY noisy (although to be fair we were moved when we complained). Avoid rooms 7/8/9 as they are all in this area.
DO NOT book a trip via the concierge – he is not part of the hotel as such and in our view just calls his mates – our trip was a rip off– although again the hotel got some money back for us. We were not the only guest to feel this way…
Probably not a place to go with children - as there is not much to do.

All in all we had a very positive experience and would go again.

Room Tip: Avid rooms 7/8 and 9 and in that area as they are near the 'disco'.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vjsue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Adama. Beautiful, cool rooms (air con good), in a modern Moroccan style. Well equipped kitchen (fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, cooker, oven, dishwasher...). Room layout a bit wierd with the 2nd bedroom being a detached annex with seperate locks so my husband and myself had to sleep in seperate rooms with the kids as we weren't comfortable with letting the kids sleep alone in a seperate detached annex. The pool was wonderful, and the temperature just right for the heat of Marrakech. It was good for non- confident swimmers as it was 1.45m throughout. Kids pool about 2 feet in depth, but cut my kids hands and feet so they wore crocs when they were in it. We arrived in Ramadan and the hotel was calm and quiet, and the kids club did not run (even though the hotel staff said it did). When Ramadan finished the atmosphere was completely different. There were activities by the pool,the kids club ran, and there was entertainement 2 nights a week. Staff were really helpful. We had a few issues with the villa (toilet didn't flush and we couldn't get the cooker or safe to work) but as soon as I told reception the maintence guys arrived within 2 mins each time. 150 dmrs in a taxi to Marrakech and Carrefour, and the shuttle service was good. A wonderful relaxing stay - great for the family who like swimming and pool frolics.

Room Tip: Arrive early and you may get upgraded
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mumfrom35
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Adama Resort is beautifully set in well-maintained gardens, giving it a peaceful and calm atmosphere, and the staff deliver a high level of service in a pleasant manner. Every morning before you wake up your apartment would be looking as it would be when you first entered. We had a lovely stay at the Adama Resort hotel. The staff at Adama charming without exception were wonderful, friendly, and helpful especially (ADIL) the concierge, was extremely supportive and caring, shown us around the city with his personal car and took care of us all. The gardens were beautiful! Although the pool looked spectacularly inviting, it was not heated and unless you were extremely brave- it was a case of look but don't jump in.
Our accommodation was of the maximum type Adama offers, a three-bedroom apartment for up to 6 people. It was spacious, well-appointed and mostly well-designed. Best of all, the apartment was arranged around its own private courtyard - large enough for a sizeable table and chairs, which was festooned with banana trees and other well-tended plants: a lovely place to sit catching the sunshine after brunch, even at the end of December. The bus shuttle to and from the airport was excellent, as was the daily shuttle bus runs to and from the square. Lesson the bus driver was very accommodating; nothing was too much trouble for him. I would say if you want the best and luxury treatment from a hotel service, stay at ADAMA RESORT!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Saifur_1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The initial reviews prompted me to book the Adama Resort for our first trip to Morocco, but since booking our holiday the more recent reviews left me a bit apprehensive. Upon our night time arrival at the Adama we were welcomed by the friendly reception staff who took our baggage and explained the necessaries free shuttle times etc. The villas are a must see beyond spacious, clean and well presented and more importantly best wifi connection I've experienced abroad. Breakfast could be improved cold sliced meats, croissants fruit and cereal (very limited). The resort grounds were very impressive, well kept and maintained throughout. Lunch and evening meals were to a good standard, poolside service was excellent as we never needed to move the restaurant staff were very tentative, anything we needed they were on hand to provide. Spa service was good, overall a very pleasant experience and would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Renee H
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I've just come back from this hotel for my friends 40th. I stayed for 4 days they stayed for a week.

Food is shockingly bad, service is absolutely appalling!

Villa was beautiful , grounds & location it was cheap in taxis to get to places.

They really need to sort things out though such a shame as it could be something very special.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lancelot111
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Returned from the Adama yesterday after spending 4 nights there. Accomodation as described by Jeanette. Great value for money having booked with Travelzoo with lots of extras. We were lucky enough to stay in accommodation overlooking the pool with the restaurant and bar only a few metres away. Quiet, loads of space, clean and pretty with beautiful immaculate gardens. Excellent Spa. Food (although not a massive choice) very good. Service excellent too. A few plumbing problems (we were in Morocco) which were dealt with immediately. Best of all was the free shuttle service to the Medina. Perfect for a short break. I would reiterate most of what Jeanette K found, especially with regards to the transport/airport. If I have to find fault it would be with the pool, the water was just too cold and took the pleasure out of take a dip and although we didn't find it too much of a problem we were right in the flight path of the airport. Having said that, can't wait to return. Would thoroughly recommend the Adama if you are looking for quiet, small and peaceful accomodation

Room Tip: Rooms 2 to 5 to be overlooking the pool and nearest to the restaurant but nowhere is very far. The o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank 1951jmwyatt
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Booked this hotel though flash sale on their website. I did two consecutive bookings of three days each about two months in advance. Got the confirmation email but got charged for only one three day booking as seen in my bank statement. Wasn't sure whether the hotel had received my 2nd bookings I decided to email them and also later called them. Initially they couldn't locate any bookings but later about a week before travelled I again called them and they confirmed one of the bookings the one dated earlier and said I had no other bookings. Since I wasn't charged and the staff didn't confirm my latter booking I decided to make alternative arrangement to visit the desert for the next three days.

My package included airport transfer. I expected them to contact me to ask my flight details so that they could arrange the transport. Finally when 3-4 days were left I myself emailed them telling them my flight details and asking them to confirm whether the arrangement will be made for the transfer. They confirmed that arrangement for transfer will be made. Upon my arrival to marrakech airport there was no one. I called the hotel asking about the transfer. They asked my reservation detail then said you didn't send any flight details so please take a taxi and come to hotel. I got angry with them over the phone telling them about their confirmation of transfer so they finally sent a transfer vehicle.

Upon checkin the receptionist asked for my card for keeping deposit. What deposit I asked telling them that I had already paid for my stay. The receptionist was a bit reluctant to accept this fact then said I will talk to manager. After taking the welcome tea I came back to the receptionist who by now had found my two reservation done through flash sale and told me that the system had charged only one of the bookings which was the 2nd of the two bookings and that I still had to pay for the first bookings. This is not what you told me a week ago over the phone which was u confirmed first booking with no sign on the 2nd one. The next day I met the manager explaining there have been a series of mishaps and incorrect claims which made things very difficult for a traveling from far to make concrete plans. The stubborn manager refused to accept any mistakes and simply said we have now charged you for the second bookings as well. By now couldn't cancel some of my reservations en route to the desert and was to be charged for those.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family