WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #297 of 1,186 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Set in the heart of Marrakech, this Riad is probably one of the best. Close to everything and a great terrace. We stayed 3 nights and were met with a warm welcome mint-tea by Ibrahim who was on hand to offer advice and could not have been more helpful.
There is nothing that can be faulted from the smiles we saw every morning at breakfast, to our room being made up whilst we were out (including folding our clothes) and being made to feel at home. The room was extremely comfortable, the location a nice walk from the main square, and the breakfast is delicious... absolutely no complaints... a great experience, we would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 778SarahH778
Jacques33700, Propriétaire at Riad Alegria, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
It 's more than 3 years that you were with us in Marrakech at Riad Alegria. Thanks for your comments at this time. As the owner of the Riad, I am always very happy to read nice comments. If you feel to come back, please don't hesitate and contact us directly (+33614466706). I will personnally be very pleased for your new stay with us to offer you a real welcome cocktail.
All my best regards Jacques THERY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We have lived in several Riads in Marrakech throughout the years, but decided to come back to Riad Alegria. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are great, the food is excellent. Riad Alegria is easy to find when you arrive from the airport, it is situated close to Jema el Fnaa and the souks and close to a guarded car park. It is very quiet at night, and the terrace on the roof is an oasis.
If you get tired of all the excotic places, you can visit the " Cosy Bar" or the very good restaurant " Tangine" just round the corner.
The manager, M. Olivier Deschamps, arranges excursions to the south of Morocco through his company Sahara Experience.

Hilde Skjeflo and Per Arne Holman, Oslo, Norway

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
It 's more than 3 years (nearly 4) that you were with us in Marrakech at Riad Alegria. Thanks for your comments at this time. As the owner of the Riad, I am always very happy to read nice comments. If you feel to come back, please don't hesitate and contact us directly (+33614466706). I will personnally be very pleased for your new stay with us to offer you a real welcome cocktail.
All my best regards Jacques THERY
PS: We are still working close with Olivier and we can arrange what you want in the Sahara's desert !!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

A wonderful stay in Marrakech, in a great spacious suite, 3 of us sharing, wonderful roomy bathroom and bath, shower dreamy. Was a bit further from Jma al Fna, but easy to navigate. Close to Palias Bahia and the sadinian tombs. The food was wonderful, and the dinner we had was one of the best in Morocco. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would go back. Lovely balcony too and great view of the stalks

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

very quiet, beautyfully decorated, clean, very friendly staff, very good food, marvellous terrace on the roof, good value for money

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Hilskjef
Jacques33700, Propriétaire at Riad Alegria, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

It 's more than 5 years that you were with us in Marrakech at Riad Alegria. Thanks for your comments at this time. As the owner of the Riad, I am always very happy to read nice comments. If you feel to come back, please don't hesitate and contact us directly (+33614466706). I will personnally be very pleased for your new stay with us to offer you a real welcome cocktail.
All my best regards Jacques THERY (+33614466706)
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

I had purposefully wanted to stay south of the Medina near the Melah and was aware that Alegria would be a 5-10 minute walk to the place Jemaa el Fna but this shouldnt put anybody off, its a very easy uncomplicated walk.
Alegria has been beautifully and tastefully restored by Marie Christina. I stayed 2 nights at the beginning of my trip and 1 night at the end, so I enjoyed two different rooms and must say that both were a very good size, extremely comfortable and offered large bathrooms with a good water supply.

Mohamad was extremely helpful and escorted me through the labarynth of the Kasbah to Kasbah La Rotonda an Italian/Moroccan restaurant, so well hidden that a guide is essential

They arranged my pickup and drop off to the airport for euro 20 which was very efficiently done.

Definately would return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank pip45
Hello Pip
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

My friends and i shared a suite for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. Beautiful room, fab rooftop terrace where we enjoyed breakfast every morning, excellent service the staff couldn't do enough for us. Marie Christine gave us a tour of the area when we first arrived and helped us get the most out of each day we spent in Marrakech with great restaurant recommendations. She even helped us haggle at the souks! We also ate a delicious meal on the first night and enjoyed many an appertif! The location is also great as not in the hussle and bussle of the main square but easy walking distance. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this stylish riad.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

I must confess I'm a traveller who usually prefers the anonymity of a large hotel to the sometimes stifling atmosphere of smaller establishments. However, Riad Alegria is an exception to the rule. Our hosts went out of their way to ensure that we were well looked after at every juncture. Marie Christine even provided me with a brief guided tour upon arrival so as to ensure I had my bearings, and she made a huge effort to make us feel welcome despite the language barrier. In fact the entire staff went above and beyond the hospitality and service that was required of them, which ensured that we had a very enjoyable stay.

The accommodation itself was finished to a very high standard with very comfortable beds, large flat screen TVs and very efficient (and quiet) air conditioning. My only reservation was that as a sunlight-starved Brit the rooms are very dark. That said I’m sure that’s a blessing in the hotter summer months.

The breakfasts and food in general at the accommodation were also fantastic. Not least because every member of the team went out of their way to ensure that my somewhat irritating diabetic dietary requirements were catered for without complaint, (something which a lot of vastly more expensive hotels in which I have stayed have been unable to accommodate without a lots of grumbling!)

I would not hesitate to recommend the Riad. Although perhaps not for young female single travellers, as the dimly lit alley way leading to the Riad can seem a little menacing at nights, but I think that's a feature of most inner city Riads in Marrakech. Thanks for the suberb hospitality!

• Stayed March 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Le Flouka Auberge et Restaurant du Lac
Le Flouka Auberge et Restaurant ...
#1 of 3 in Lalla Takerkoust
#10 of 1,186 in Marrakech
Riad Soleil
Riad Soleil
#329 of 1,186 in Marrakech

Been to Riad Alegria? Share your experiences!