“Love it so much. Great location, beautifully decorated, awesome breakfast and wonderful hospitality.,”
Review of Dar Limoun Amara

Dar Limoun Amara
Ranked #701 of 1,193 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2011

As it was my first trip overseas alone, I was a little worried at first. But when I reached the beautiful riad, I was instantly at ease because of the hospitality of Gerard, the hotel manager. He took time to orientate me around so I could find my way to the Jemma el Fna square, which is a mere 10min walk away. Rooms were so so pretty and the home-made breakfast was just so yummy! There is nothing unpleasant I can think of the place at all. It's close to the main attractions and you feel very welcomed and well taken care of. I'd stay at the same place all over again, and have already recommended friends who are interested to visit marrakech to do so as well! Thank you so much for the wonderful stay! :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here based on the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Asked them in advance to book a taxi for me as was suggested by another poster which they did. The driver got out and walked me to the entrance so I had no problem finding the place - which is 5 minutes from the square.

I really enjoyed their bread rolls and coffee in the mornings.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank littlesthobo_111
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed only one night in the terrasroom (on the roof terras). Dar Limoun is quiet, clean, beautiful and the staff are very friendly. We got the most royal breakfast with cakes, freshly baked bread and homemade marmalades. It gives a homely feeling. The Tiskiwin museum around the corner is slightly amateuristic but has the best collection of ethnical clothes and tools in Marrakesh and its house is beautiful.
Livia-The Netherlands

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is a great getaway, right in the middle of the medina! Centrally located for shopping trips to the medina and easy walking distance to many sightseeing stops, also an easy walk to one of the few parking lots. I was fortunate to have the entire place to myself, my room was upgraded- breakfast was delicious. So peaceful and the best part of it all was the friendly host, Enrique. It was no problem at all to leave my bags until late afternoon so I could enjoy the city before my evening train trip. A perfect solution for so many issues while traveling in Marrakesh- beautiful, comfortable, flexible, private, quiet, delicious, affordable...I could go on and on! Even walking home alone at night, I was not bothered at all by locals, the neighborhood is well lit and respectful of foreigners...you couldn't ask for better! I highly highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2011

If you are looking for great value for money, with friendly service in a fab location, this is your place!

When we arrived, the man working was extremely accommodating and as we had arrived late he walked us around the area showing how to get around and took us to a restaurant that catered to our needs. It was great that he was able to show us how to get to Djema El Fnaa and we didn't get lost once! It's only about a 5 - 7min walk and is really quite easy from this riad. The man who checked us in looked after us so well throughout our stay and nothing was too much trouble.

The riad itself is beautiful and the inner courtyard was so peaceful & relaxing and the roof terrace added that extra touch. A wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed at the Dar Limoun for 3 nights with my partner. We loved it- a very central location but as soon as you go down the windy alleyway to the riad, it is very quiet! Very friendly staff, comfortable room and laid out as most moroccan riads are, with a roof terrace.

Highly recommend and would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My partner and I went to Morocco to finish a creative project. We stayed at Dar Limoun Amara for the whole month and we loved every day there. It is a small private riad, very quiet and very beautiful, and it is also located centrally. It is only a short pleasant walk to the main square, and many restaurants and shops. There's a taxi stand nearby for other trips, and also a little convenience kiosk around the corner.
What really made our stay comfortable was the amazing stuff. Enrique, Rashida, and Ali were very helpful and attentive toward our every need. The breakfast was traditional and always fresh and delicious. We also often ate dinner right there at the riad, and we both agreed loud and clear that Rashida's cooking was superior. We ate at the fanciest restaurants in Marrakech, but none of them compares to her delicious dishes! The stuff set our dinner table on the roof top of the riad from where you could hear the hustle and drumming of the main square, and those were truly most romantic nights in Morocco. The riad manager Enrique also cooked for us once, and it was most delicious, and thoughtful.
The riad has internet connection and two turtles who live in the courtyard :))))
We highly recommend Dar Limoun Amara.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Darlimounamara, Gérant at Dar Limoun Amara, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Thanks for your adivse, hope to see you again in Marrech
Regards