Bab Hotel
$370
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$161
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $228/night.

La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$180
Riad 72(Marrakech)
$152
$148
Travelocity
$515
All reviewsroof barcheaper hotelsnice hotelrooms are bigconvenient locationbreakfast was excellentrestaurant staffold cityyogurtatlas mountainsguelizsanamedinawifrenchsofamorocco
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Now, first of all - let me say that we stayed in suites. I only saw those and can't really speak for the standard rooms. But in terms of room quality for a boutique hotel in the type of location BAB is, it's actually really good. Nicely decorated. Quirky in a way that appeals to me and with a staff that was friendly, helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Not something that is all that common.

Now, is this on par with a five star in say Hong Kong, Tokyo or any other major metropolitan area? No, it's not. There are details and finishing touches that are missing. The breakfast for example was, well, average at best. But for where it is it's certainly a more than valid choice for someone who enjoys clean and bright interior decoration, some very interesting choices in the bath areas (I happened to visit room 204 briefly and found the couples shower to be very interesting. 502 and 501 were great. Spacious, nice social areas, great bathrooms. Wish they could have spent a bit more money on the closets that looked a bit cheapish but this is just nitpicking really.

And BAB Hotel management should consider having a discussion with whoever is in charge of food and beverage to get something done about the breakfast. It could be a much better experience.

I would certainly stay there again and recommend it to people with a bit more of an eclectic taste.

Room Tip: Go for a suite. I can certainly recommend 502 and 501. Balconies everywhere. Just sending the kids to count them can give you a couple of minutes of peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Sofia M, Responsable relations clients at Bab Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

We thank you for such a detailed review and the time you took to write it.
It was a great pleasure to welcome you. Don't wait too long to come back please.
Kind regards from all staff.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were not disappointed with this relatively average hotel. The room was nice and bar staff friendly. The pool is very small and not really a place you could chill out during the day but this seems fairly normal for smaller places in Marrakech. The hotel is quirky with lots of art everywhere. The restaurant was closed for most of our trip as the hotel was very quiet so can't really comment on the food. The bar plays loud music until around midnight which we could clearly hear from our room. This didn't bother us as we were out most nights past this point and the one night we weren't we were so tired we slept anyway. If you like to be in bed early though this is likely to be an issue for you! Location wise is is a 20min taxi from the airport and a 30min walk to the main square so pretty good. The light in our toilet broke on the first night and was not fixed before we left, more of an annoyance than anything and maybe it would have been fixed if we had complained more.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We thank you so much for such a detailed review. It was a great pleasure to welcome you.
However, we are sorry that you didn't felt the same as our other 500 guests who wrote "Excellent" for the incredible time they had with us. Please come back and we'll do our best to show you why they all enjoyed their stay.
Kind regards from all staff.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Try not to organise anything through this hotel, although its a lovely hotel the running of it is slightly slack... Due to a lack of communication because of language barriers they really struggle to fulfil any promises.
We booked a car to pick us up from hotel which didn't show up, I had asked them to arrange something for my partners birthday nothing was arranged... Then we were offered a free lunch because of this, which another member of staff said we could have at any time as the restaurant is open all day.... When we arrived at 4pm we were greeted by the manager with 'so you are late' not a great welcome... Obviously we stated what we was informed the day before about it being open all day and her answer was my restaurant staff are waiting just for you....
Like I said its a lovely hotel, cleaning staff are fantastic, doormen and bell boys are fantastic but customer service from staff on reception is poor. Training is required so they can give correct information to guests.

• Stayed: March 2014

We thank you for your review and the time you took to write it.
Sorry that you didn't felt the same as our other guests who wrote "Excellent".

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Three years ago I stayed w a friend at BAB Hotel and enjoyed it very much, so decided to go back w my family for 6 nights, BIG mistake!
The hotel was under renovation and they were banging at 2 AM in the morning, also they were painting the reception and left it covered for three days and no one working at it. Don't mind that there were hardly any guests at all, let me explain why.
Breakfast, was very poor, Nescafe and when the GM came he got a cappuccino from the coffee machine feasible for us to see. The breakfast room looked very dirty and on top of it the painters were having also breakfast ext to us w their dirty pants and coughing at the coffee cups, so we definitely lost our appetite and went to have breakfast everyday after that at Kechmara. When I mentioned this to the absolutely incompetent Sales Manager who was on duty she told me that they were paying guests!!!!! so she could not say anything…I asked her then if it is ok for me to have breakfast in my PJ's the next morning since I was a paying guest as well. She got excited and starting to shout at me…reverse world it seems.

Terrible terribly hotel w incompetent staf

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank debby t
Sofia M, Responsable relations clients at Bab Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2015

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to read that your experience with us was not as pleasant. We would like to inform you that the hotel staff has changed and now we are a professional and motivated team to give satisfaction to our customers.
Please come back and we'll do our best to show you why all our guests enjoyed their stay since we came.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My experience at the BAB hotel was mediocre. We had paid for a Standard room, but were given a Deluxe room which made me gloat when I checked in . However , when I paid closer look at the details, I was upset with the place. My room , 107 had a window in the bath that wouldn't close, a mini-bar that served more as a heater than a fridge, a "smart" TV that seemed to be task really to operate, peeling baseboards - not a pretty sight indeed. The hotel is in Gueliz, a modern neighborhood in Marrakech. There are still 2 floors under renovation , so watch out for the noise that surely is not advertised. I was at the hotel in winter and so didn't venture into the pool nor the spa. The deal with the place is , looks lovely and luxurious from the outside, with a very good service staff but if you are someone one who looks for each detail , may be not the best place to be at !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sadhana,

We are very sorry to read that your experience with us was not as pleasant as you expected.
We thank you for sharing with us your impressions that we will use to focus our efforts on improving our service.
About the comments on the TV, we would like to inform you that it was a temporary problem and now it is set.