“Beautiful Riad with fantastic and helpful Manager and staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Riad Berbere

You added Le Riad Berbere to your Saves list
Le Riad Berbere
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   23, derb Sidi Ahmed Ben Nasser | quartier Kaat Ben Nahid, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #83 of 1,169 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Riad with fantastic and helpful Manager and staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here on first arriving in Morocco, for the first time. Although slightly overwhelmed by the initial journey from airport to hotel, via taxi (organised by the brilliant manager Ingrid) and the walk with the man with the cart through the narrow streets, the riad did not disappoint. It is beautifully decorated, very welcoming and a lovely haven of tranquility in a very vibrant city. Would strongly recommend it. Ingrid and her staff were extremely helpful. They showed us the way to the souks, he square and took us to good restaurants. In addition when moving onto the next part of our holiday, Ingrid organised our bus tickets etc making it all so much easier. A definite for any newcomers to Marrakech.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our favorite hotel in Marocco (we visited about 7 hotels). It's equipped with cozy bright rooms (of which you don't want go out), spacious terraces, very good organized place for rest and meal in the centre of hotel. Excellent staff and wonderful hostess named Ingrid. She gave us a lot of valuable advices and even bought us some bottles of maroccan wine in a local hypermarket when we asked her.
What else? Hotel has very good location near the Djemaa el Fna Square and markets (goods, food, spices). Also you can find a lot of european level restaurants, spa, massage etc.
We miss this place and send to Ingrid and her funny cats our greetings!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have just returned from Le Riad Berbere and what was a brief but wonderful stay. As soon as I walked in the scent from burning rose oil made me feel relaxed! The garden was beautiful and it was lovely to dip my feet into the pool and sip on mint tea. Our room was beautiful (terrace room) and perfect as we could put our baby to sleep and either sit out on the terrace or go downstairs to sit in the garden.
Ingrid was super helpful and made us feel extremely welcome and comfortable in the riad. She showed us the way into the souk and pointed out landmarks so we could get back! Our daughter (2years) loved her and is still talking about her! In fact, all staff were very friendly.
I really regret not eating at the riad as it looked pretty delicious and breakfast was fantastic... and maybe a massage would have been nice in the treatment room! We will be back and I promise to send everyone I know!
Thank you, Ingrid!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in the Riad Berbere, and staying here really made our Marrakech holiday. Ingrid and her staff were so helpful and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. The riad itself is beautiful, and a perfect oasis to retreat to when the Medina gets too overwhelming!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We've just come back from four nights in this wonderful Riad, and can honestly say it was fabulous.

You can't really describe the experience of arriving, as you enter through a medieval looking door from a tiny little alleyway into somewhere that makes you go "wow". We arrived mid evening to a very warm welcome from Ingrid into a candlelit courtyard perfumed by lovely rose scented burners-it looked stunning! Ingrid showed us the way to the central square on the night of arrival pointing out landmarks as we went so we wouldn't get lost, this was invaluable!

We stayed in the upper room with our own large private terrace. The room was lovely, clean with a beautiful bathroom. The only downside to this room would be if you had any kind of disability as you do have to go up a tiny staircase and the bathroom and bedroom are on two levels. Never the less we loved it!

Breakfast was great and different every day, fruit, local yoghurt, fresh baked breads, eggs on request, juice, tea or coffee. .

We also ordered mint tea and coffees (with fresh biscuits) on our return from shopping and sight seeing. The Riad is a wonderful oasis of calm from the hustle and bustle of the medina and souks.

The Riad was clean and charming, with lovely friendly staff and a manager who was extremely helpful and friendly. Ingrid organised our transport to and from the hotel and for our trip to Casbah Tamadot making our holiday very easy and problem free.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Riad Berbere for a truly memorable holiday. The pictures on the website don't really do it justice, its better in real life!

Room Tip: We stayed in the double room with a private terrace which was lovely,. This room also has the advan...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank isaachill
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just arrived home from a 4 night stay in Marrakech, staying at the Le Riad Berbere. On arrival we were taken down some narrow streets to the front door of the Riad. When you walk inside there is a beautiful smell of rose and there are lighted candles to create a welcoming feel. We were shown into a beautiful courtyard and Ingrid showed us to our rooms. The rooms were clean, spacious and well presented. We had clean towels and there was a special touch of dried flowers scattered around the room. The breakfast was lovely with home baked goods and tea/coffee was available at anytime. The staff were warm and friendly and you have a choice of where you would like to eat breakfast. We chose the roof terrace to have breakfast in the sun. Ingrid arranged our taxi transfers, walked us into jemaa el fna showing us landmarks on the way to enable us to find our way home. Nothing was too much trouble for her and she arranged a taxi for us to visit kasbah Tamadot in the Atlas mountains for lunch. Ingrid took time to chat with us and gave advice on places to visit, eat and sightsee. We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend staying at Riad Berbere to our friends.
I would not hesitate to return to stay with Ingrid and her team. The Riad is in a great location to the hustle and bustle of the medina, but once inside you instantly find peace and tranquility.
Thanks for giving us such a lovely experience.
Lisa

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you are reading this, you must be looking for a riad to stay in Marrakech. I did the same, not easy, so much choice, so

many different options. But hey pssst, this is the one you want! ;-) It is so good I'd like to keep it a secret but that

would not do justice to the beautiful people working there.

My partner and I had been in Marrakech a few times before, my partner worked there and had the chance to stay in big 5*

hotels. This was our first stay in a riad (=house with garden). And it exceeded every other stay!

We arrived at Menara Airport and lost a lot of time because our luggage was lost. After giving a thorough description (what was in your suitcase? duh :-)) and filling in papers, the taxi driver that Ingrid from the riad had arranged was luckily still waiting for us. He took us to a little back street where we had to walk for a short bit to the riad. Through narrow little streets and alleys, where you think to yourself: omg, where are we?

But as soon as the door of the riad opened the smell of rose oil greets you and the warm smile of Karima :-) She led us to

the courtyard where we met Ingrid, the manager. Our first impression was: yes yes yes, we chose well! :-)
Ingrid offered to help us dealing with the lost luggage (thank you so much!!) and the next day at noon we had our luggage.

No worries!

Now what can I tell that has not already been said on here?

Service: wow, it's like meeting a new family, the women working there are so friendly and warm: Ingrid, Karima, Zahra,

Aziza, Amina, and excuse me if I forget someone. This is beyond service I believe. Not in your face service, which is

good, but if you wanted something they would make sure it happened. They are true stars lead by supernova Ingrid!

Room: we stayed in the duplex with a terrace, we loved the room. Yes a lot of stairs to climb but that would be the case in most riads I suppose ;-)

Decoration: quiet, sober, authentic, not over the top of kitschy... very simple but just right and beautiful. Just as we wanted it. Nice room, big, clean and a stunning bathroom! Everything was ok, towels, toiletries, water in room, ... We slept like babies there!

Garden: banana trees, orange trees, a little pond/pool, chairs, pillows, crazy friendly cats and a kamikaze turtle! (he crawled over my feet to get to its lettuce! :-) There is also a big nice saloon with fire place and lots of books to enjoy. We dined in there a few times as it got a bit chilly at night.

Roof terraces: our room included a little private terrace which we loved and used a lot. There were 2 more roof terraces, one for sunbathing and one for lounging/dining. You could see the Atlas Mountains from up there :-)

The food: oh my. I had had Moroccan food before, but was never really blown away. But then again, I had never met Zahra and her team. The food was amazing, really worth every cent! If you want dinner you have to let them know in the morning, and they ask you if you have any preferences. It costs 17 euro per person (entree, dinner and dessert). We dined there 3 out of the 4 nights we stayed there. We definitely recommend it! They also sell nice wine.

Breakfast (included in room price): different warm breads and pancakes every morning, fresh fruit, yoghurt, jams, eggs on request, orange juice... we loved it, a perfect healthy start to the day!

Location: it's about a 7 minute walk through the souks to Jema el Fna. For us this was perfect. Ingrid showed us the way on the first day and it was really easy to find back. It was so good to come back to this oasis of peace and tranquility after the hustle and bustle of the medina. The riad also provides free tea, coffee and water. A nice bonus!

Spa: I used the hammam, it was the first time for me. The lady who helped me, Amina, was very friendly and explained me what she was doing and why and it was a very relaxing experience. It's small, I am tall so my feet touched the wall but that did not really bother me :-) I also enjoyed a relaxing massage given by Amina and it was soooo good! I can only recommend it.

So much to say really, and I'm sure I have forgotten to mention things on here.
Would we recommend this place? yes!!!
Will we go back? yes!!! insha'allah

Thank you Ingrid, say hi to Karima for me, I missed her on our last day!
Thanks to the entire staff for making this a perfect stay.
Nathalie and Paul

Room Tip: We loved the duplex room with terrace!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple