Fawakay Villas
  • Pool
Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$55
$1,024
$456
$439
Cancelon
All reviewswedding venuedaughter's weddingkippersatlas mountainsbeautiful rose gardenswonderful weddingskype callsfamilies stayingplunge poolself cateringperfect hostsfamily breaktable tennispool partyalready planning our next triptravel cotpoolside bar
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We had a wonderful week at Villas Fawakay. It may be classed as a B&B on tripadvisor, but for us this was an informal boutique hotel at its best.
We spent our week doing as little as possible to relax and it was just perfect. No doubt that if you wanted to use it as a base for more adventurous activities it would also be ideal. It's only 15 mins from the centre of Marrakech.
The best aspect of Villas Fawakay is Dawn and Francis' hospitality. Nothing is too much trouble and everything you might need is either provided or they will arrange. They have built a little oasis here... the villas are great, with Moroccan architecture and decor, the gardens and pool area are perfect, with lots of places to chill out in the sun and shade, with the bar right there.
Finally, the food is amazing. This was the main reason we only left the Villas once! The staff do an amazing job and you get to sample an array of moroccan dishes... plus more simple Western food if you're feeling less adventurous.
Highly recommended... we will be back! Oh, and it would be perfect for groups... the villas would sleep up to about 16 in total and would be a great place for a wedding, birthday bash etc. Just go.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Part of my reasoning for choosing Villas Fawakay, was the great words the previous guests had to say... and they couldn't of been more right. As we went through the gates for the first time and stepped out the car, the feeling of perfectness automatically surrounds you and quite frankly never leaves. Travelling on my own for the first time I was rather nervous. This was laid to rest the minute I met the Boys-Stones family. Francis took by bags and I found myself within minutes laughing at Dawn jokes. Francis always found the time to come and make sure every thing was Ok while I was in the villa which would end up in humerous discussions one way or the other, and Dawn was great at making me cocktails always to my specific taste.

I have already booked my next visit as this unique paridise I think stands out more than anywhere else I have been.

Thanks again the Boys-Stones and staff you were great!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I had such a lovely time here and have already reccomended it to my parents. The villas were beautifully decorated and so luxurious. It was so peaceful and with such a friendly atmosphere. The food was delicious, I would especially reccomend the spicy carrots and the lentils.
I was so sad to leave and would love to come back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Staying in this remarkable boutique hotel for a week really helped me relax and enjoy the hot weather. I went there with my husband, leaving my children at home with relatives. It was an amazing experience and I would definitely go back there with my kids.
The staff are delightful and they never go around without a smile on their faces. Trying to speak the language is all part of the fun!
The organized trips into the mountains and the Sahara really are something I will do next time. This time however, we just took a couple of days out to go to Oualidia, which Dawn and Francis organized for us. They set us up in a little hotel and it was really nice to get to see another part of Morocco.
My husband went to play golf a couple of times and has said that he wants to bring some of his gold friends with him from London so that is another thing we would love to organize with Dawn and Francis! The kids I know, would love the water park which we only went into briefly. I am sure they would love that!
Overall it was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back again very very soon!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2010

The hotel is half hour from the city centre and perfect peace and quiet. Don't get alarmed as the taxi turns off the main road onto an increasingly bumpy and remote mud road; it is all part of the setting and when you turn through the gates you encounter an oasis of comfort.
The villas are beautiful and plenty spacious. We were 2 couples and shared a villa but still had our private terraces plus our dining room and sitting rooms. Real luxury. And the great joy is that your meals are served in your villa, not in a resturant. I suspect that even when full the complex will never be crowded and everyone will have privacy. Wonderful pool and excellent tennis court, bring your shoes, rackets provided.
Use the taxis that Francis will book and go into the city for the day, or just for dinner. They are very reliable and not expensive. Francis will also arrange longer trips for you.
The honesty bar in your villa is well stocked with wines, beer and soft drinks and the wines are very drinkable and at around £10 per bottle fantastic value.
Food is OK, not gastronomic but again remarkable value for money and the added bonus of having it served for you in your private dining room cannot be beaten.
Very friendly staff and everything works well enough for Morocco. If you dont like the idea of a very friendly donkey trying to get into your villa then this place is not for you: book into the Sofitel or similar, otherwise go for it

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends