Riad Amiris
  • Pool
$399
$387
  • Pool
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$52
Hotels.com
$455
$439
Cancelon
All reviewsbeautiful riadcarrefour supermarketcity taxmorrocan styleexcellent locationfresh orange juicejemaa elminutes walk from the mainday triprooftop terracesalimacourtyardsquaretaximoroccomedinaabdul
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed 5 wonderful nights in the 'birds' room of the riad. In spite of a bit of a heat wave the air conditioning kept our room comfortable. The special service that Rhadija and Fabienne offered when we had a small personal emergency turned a trip threatening experience into a vacation memory. The atmosphere is calm and peaceful and provides a wonderful respite from the hectic pace of the medina and Jemaa El Fna. The terrace is a great place to enjoy a glass of wine before resting up for the rigors of the activities in the nearby square.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this riad for 4 days. Khadiaja and Fatima have been extremely helpful and polite. They always tried their best to accommodate our requests and give us advice. They helped us with directions, shopping advice, sightseing info.. Something needed fixing in the shower and was fixed within 10 minutes.
Khadiaja also taught me how to cook morrocan food and gave me tips on tajines! DInner was fantastic, hearty tasty and traditional. I would definately recommend dinner for all visitors. Candlelit dinner was very romantic and atmospheric too.
Practically talking, the rooms are of a good size, are clean and water was always warm. Linen was very clean as well. Decoration was traditional. I loved how we had little windows facing at the courtyeard. The riad was always cooler and quieter than the outside. It is a great place to relax too and plan the day ahead with lots of guide books. It is conveniently located just 5 minutes from Jamma el Fna Also, even though it was unusual for us, the rooms do not have locks or keys. At first i felt a bit insecure, but i soon realised that all my stuff was safer in there than in my own home! Eventually this made me feel as if I was part of the family. Plus it was a great way to experience morrocan culture (architecture, decor, traditions)
Overall, to be honest I do not understand why some people rated this riad negatively. Yes, it is not the sheraton. Hospitality is much more important than a shiny staircase for me, so I definately rate it higher than any other hotel i have visited, even some 5 star ones. Of course I would definitely visit again.
My love and best wishes to Khadiaja and Fatima!:)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Michel and his staff were very helpful and welcoming. The whole place was delightful. Our room was Oiseaux and it was beautiful. Air conditioning was very useful, wine and food were good. Don't miss the roof terrace for breakfast and last thing at night with a bottle of wine. We recommend it highly, its a shame we couldn't stay longer!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed March 4, 2012

just returned from short stay, the amiris is a traditional riad that is in the middle of the medina and 5 mins away from the main square.
the tangines cooked by Khadija are lovely, and you will be welcomed with a mint tea and maderia cake,
the rooms are all different, 3 on ground floor off the innercourtyard, and others up stairs. mine was on ground floor and was long but narrow, but very pretty and rustic, no windows or locks on doors, but felt safe and comfortable in beautiful bed.
the roof terrace was fantastic, and recommend having your breakfast up there, breakfast was breads,crepes and jams, with fresh juice and coffee.
the amiris is traditionally decorated, comfortable and clean, it may be shabby chic in morrocan standards, but i feel it has its own special ambience, and depicts standard that is favouable in this price bracket.
mant thanks to the in house staff, Khadiaja and daughter fatima who catered for my requests for extra coffee and mint teas.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We booked this riad on the back of the very positive reviews. One word would sum it up - disappointing! We stayed in the etoiles room. The paint was peeling off the bathroom walls, the sink was grubby with loose taps, when I dropped some clothing behind a chair and picked it back up it was covered in dust, the room was never serviced during our stay and we had to request new toilet rolls etc. If you like breads and jam then breakfast is fine but this was all that was on offer and it was the same offering every day. Rahdija etc were courteous and responded to specific requests but did not go out of their way to help. You are not able to lock your rooms and you do not have a personal key to the riad. The location of the riad is fantastic, very close to the main square etc. We had a really great time in Marrakech but it certainly wasn't due to staying here.

Room Tip: Do not choose the etoiles room - it needs a makeover. I think the rooms upstairs would offer more privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple