“Amazing!”

Le Domaine de L'Ourika
Ranked #295 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The facility here is amazing, a handful of apartments with a couple of rooms in surround the swimming pool, but slightly hidden by trees and shrubbery so when you are in the pool it is beautiful and relaxing.
The staff were so friendly and helpful, the place was clean and the food was delicious. I was lucky enough to see my friend married here and the staff made the place look even more beautiful than before, they couldn't do enough for her and made everything run smoothly, fantastic time, well recommended.
The only downside you may find is the location, you would need to hire a car or get a taxi if you wish to get out to do anything but for a relaxing weekend eating, drinking and sunbathing by the pool, you can't beat it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lady_Emma_B

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My good friend had her wedding here! Best wedding experience of two cultures coming together. Amazing place and amazing staff!! Clean, tidy and spacious! Staff are so friendly and welcoming! Food is beautiful! Ideal for families with children, couples and celebrations (weddings etc) I know I will return again! Thank you Amandine and Nicolas! X

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I had my wedding here in May. We rented the whole riad for 3 days 2 nights accommodating 25 people or so. The price was very reasonable and I couldn't of asked for a more beautiful day or place for our special day. Food was always good and we had use of all facilities. Please see pictures x

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JessinEssex25
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Again an amazing weekend at le domaine. I always hate to leave because it's so calm and peaceful. Armandine et Nicolas merci x
The place is amazing and truly beautiful they have a new chef who is fun funny and an amazing cook I love it so much here I am having my wedding here in May!!
If you want a nice quiet retreat this is the place x

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank JessinEssex25
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We arrived at this property yesterday. It was very difficult to locate. We could not get a reply on any of the phone numbers listed on our booking reference, the property's website or their signage. After 30 minutes sitting outside a locked gate a shocked local woman opened up. She informed us that the "Madame" (owner?) was on holiday and that there was no booking for us. Showing our booking reference number made no difference. We were sent away. Today we were charged a cancellation fee. Disgraceful!

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else if you want to be sure of a bed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Gilmartinsonthemove
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed in this beautiful place for a wknd and everything was really up to our expectations, the warm welcome of Amandine and Nicolas, the clean, spacious and charming suites, the nice pool. The staff are very helpful as well, and there is nothing that one can complain about ! will definitely come back to enjoy the place and to play with our new friend: Balo the dog !

Room Tip: you can ask to be placed in suites closer to the pool !
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

WOW! This is the first thing when I said when I walked into the garden area of the Riad. I was absolutely speechless.
I had travelled to Marrakech to visit my boyfriend and as a surprise he arranged for us to stay the weekend in L'Ourika. And what can I say..... I was absolutely blown away!
Armandine and Nicholas are the nicest most welcoming couple I've ever encountered. And what people say are true.... They could give Mr and Mrs Pitt a run for their money! Even with the language barrier they made me feel so welcome (I speak very little French and my bf being Moroccan is fluent and had to talk for me). But regardless of that, every time we saw them it was kisses and pleasantries and they were always so happy to see us and make sure we were ok.
We stayed in the Riad, we never left from the moment we arrived. The food was amazing. The cooks there are welcoming and sweet. Its pretty much like a home from home. Nothing is ever a bother to them and your very much welcomed into their 'home' by the staff and owners.
We had a beautiful 2 bedroom suite located in the block to the left of the pool. We had a lounge bathroom and a private terrace. The weather wasn't great for this time of year so we only got a few hours of sun in which I managed to get severely sunburnt! Which amused everyone no less lol! Even myself, Because it didn't feel hot at all! My bf and I got a few hours by the pool with our own music and just did nothing no talking just silence and it was perfect and no one complained.
The owners had family visiting from France while we were there and they were lovely! Nicholas' mum is a sweetheart!
And onto the next family member... Baloo.... Mon Beau Chien..... My newest friend.... Hes the sweetest kindest cuddliest dog ever! Dont let the growls and the barking when you first arrive scare you cause after you get out of the car he's all over you with so much love! My bf got jealous because Baloo got more attention than he did!
I really cannot wait to go back to L'Ourika. My mum is coming to Marrakech with me in September and we plan to take her there as a treat (my mums is a sun worshipper and has already told me where she will be sitting by the pool) and let her relax away from the dustiness of the city.
As everyone else has mentioned: Speak enough French to hold a conversation, Take suncream, and be a dog lover.
You will not find anywhere as magical and beautiful within the radius of Marrakech, this place is truly it!

Armandine et Nicholas Merci pour votre merveilleuse hospitalité. Moi et Hicham a eu un week-end incroyable! Je ne peux pas attendre de vous rendre visite à nouveau!

Room Tip: All the suites are located around the pool. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessinEssex25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Rose Sultan
#1 of 1 in Palmeraie
Fellah Hotel
Fellah Hotel
#242 of 501 in Marrakech

Been to Le Domaine de L'Ourika? Share your experiences!