Riad Les Ammonites
  • Pool
Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$55
$1,024
$458
$439
Cancelon
All reviewsthe main squarebreakfast was excellentspa treatmentswalking distancesuiteairportmedinataximoroccodriverporteraziz
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at the Riad les Ammonites for 3 nights. It was an absolute pleasure to stay there and we were made to feel extremely welcome. I emailed the Riad before arrival to see if I could arrange airport transfers, Houda emailed back very quickly and made all the necessary arrangements - I would recommmend using this service if you havent been to Marrakech before as the Riads can be difficult to find first time. We stayed in the Marrakech suite and it was beautiful overlooking the lovely courtyard the whole place was immaculately clean and well presented and it is a little piece of paradise hiding in the bustle of Marrakech. The food was traditional Morrocan to a very high standard and we have no hesitation recommending this Riad to everyone.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We are on our last day of a short break, Marrakech is truly an experience, the craziness, the smells and sounds and sights really are incredible, and amongst all of that is the welcoming calm and beauty of this lovely Riad. We stayed in the Menzah suite, beautiful room with an amazing ceiling. We could not fault anything, we have had massages here and eaten dinner on a couple of evenings, in a room with a log fire and elegant furnishings, Houda and everyone here make you feel very relaxed and welcome, we couldn't recommend Riad Les Ammonites enough. Thank you for making our first visit to Marrakech so special.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debs S
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I found picking a riad very difficult in Marrakech, as there are so many to choose from. Riad Les Ammonites got great reviews, so I decided to book the Menzeh suite. Average is probably a little harsh as a rating for this riad, but there were a few things that made me question the EUR 80 per night charge.

Firstly, the positives: the suite was beautiful, and the landlady Houda was really lovely and very helpful. The location is good, as it's a 2 min walk to the souks through which you get to the main square, Jemaa el Fna. Breakfast was pleasant, although a little limited, and the staff are very helpful. It's also very near to a great restaurant for an evening meal Le Foundouk, which I highly recommend (average London prices so not too extortionate, and the pigeon pie is great).

The not so positives: I did ask for fresh towels and for someone to look at the shower, as it appeared to be blocked and filled up with water as you stood in it (this may unavoidable due to Moroccan plumbing). I was told this would be seen to, but when we came back to the room, nothing had been done about the shower and there were no fresh towels. My main issue, however, was a tour we arranged with the riad (EUR 80 for two people) to Ourika Valley. Although I highly recommend doing this trip, it wasn't exactly a tour but more a driver and a car for the morning to take us straight there and back again. I was told the tour would go from 9am to 4pm. In reality, we would have finished at about 1pm had we not paid an extra 100 dirham (less than £10 but described as if it was part of the tour) for a guide to take us up to the waterfalls. The description of the riad's version of the tour was therefore quite different from what was actually presented.

Altogether, a pleasant stay, but I wasn't as knocked out as I was expecting to be.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahLain
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The Riad was just absolutely what we have read about and possibly more. The meals were delicious - in fact we ate in more than we ate out because of that. Also my wife and I came down with the dreaded flu whilst we were there and everyone was very caring. They even invented a "hot Water Bottle" for us - but putting hot water into a plastic water bottle. They donlt get a lot of call for hot water bottles in Marrakech.
The position of the Riad was just perfect for the Souks and the Place. And we found our way around with interesting difficulties. Get lost during the day - just keep walking and you'll find something you recognise. A little less so at night - but the Riad was prepared to find a guide to take us out to restaurants and back again. When the Souks close down it is difficult to find your way.
All in all we had a fabulous time and would recommend this Riad to anyone - Thank youhOUDA AND YOUR TEAM (YOUR FAMILY)

Room Tip: Upstairs rather than down and check whether the room has natural light - some of them don't.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This Riad is beautifully decorated and spotless. The staff is friendly, welcoming, and treat guests like family. One night my friend and I returned late and the manager was worried about us. She stayed up and was waiting at the door for our return. She had other guests of the hotel whom we were friendly with send us emails to check up on us to ensure we were out of harms way.

The location is also excellent- in the heart of the Medina.

Room Tip: Every room has its own beauty....
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends