WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Riad Les Ammonites

Riad Les Ammonites
Ranked #214 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellence in the heart of the Marrakech Medina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our stay at Riad Les Ammonites was wonderful on every level. Houda and her team provided very attentive service; more like a welcoming (“you’re almost family”) atmosphere. Mint tea and biscuits upon arrival …and all day if you like.

The location is excellent, just steps away from the market and Medina chaos. The riad is located on an alley with no car access which makes it very quiet oasis and also a little hard to find. It’s best if you arrange transportation through Houda to the riad to ensure a stress-free arrival.

The amenities are fabulous, we made good use of the courtyard plunge pool to the rooftop deck. Our Suite Menzeh was wonderful and had a very chic bathroom. All of the individually decorated suites are quite large.

We enjoyed the traditional Moroccan dinner; their cook Leila is excellent. You’ll enjoy a much better breakfast if you eat after 8:00 AM, as that’s when the cook arrives. They also provide laundry service for a modest fee.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Suite Menzeh is large, has a King bed and overlooks the courtyard
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Granada, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

In all my years of traveling and especially having visited Marrakech more than once I can truely say that this Riad has been the highlight of all my visits to the beautiful Moroccan city. From the start I managed to have great correspondence with Miss Houda who was prompt and efficiant in organizing my stay. There was someone from the Riad to pick me up at the airport and a full breakfast set for me on arrival at the Riad. My first impression was that it was right in the center of the Madina tucked in a safe little alley ..the entrance to the courtyard was pretty and welcoming ..the patio is unique with its spiral shaped pool..I was given a beautiful room on the First floor which I LOVED SOOOO MUCH ..I felt like a queen and was treated like one by the friendly staff to whom I warmed up and spent lots of time chatting with..by the third second day I was upgraded into a gorgeous red suite beautifully furnished and immaculately clean. by the third day I was so comfortable I had breakfast in the Kitchen with the cook ( Aisha ) who was so sweet ..she thought me some Moroccan cooking and along with Houda and Jamal ( the house keeper ) It felt like being with family.. I had a great time and even thou I was late for my flight on the last day , poor Jamal put up with me and the organized a good transfer. I would love to return as soon as possible to this riad. It surely added a special touch to my visit.

Room Tip: if you wish to get your transfer organized I recommend you contact the staff member of the riad befo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Darwen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Title sounds like an ebay review but Houda was a most welcoming host when we stopped for 4 nights in February and couldn't do enough for us. It wasn't the easiest place to find but once you're inside the Riad, it's an oasis of calm.

Jamaal was the most attentive and well mannered member of staff I've ever met to have a cold beer waiting in your room for you each night was superb. Breakfast was fine and our room was of top quality.

If you want to stop in a Riad that's bang in the middle of the Medina then give this a go.

Room Tip: Marrakech Suite is the most private one in the Riad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank darwenkeith
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

A warm Riad with an even warmer welcome. Tucked away in a quiet alley, deep in the medina, is this perfect blend of traditional and contemporary styles. So quiet and tranquil it’s hard to believe the scooter chaos of Marrakech is just outside. Houda and her lovely staff welcome guest (in French, Italian, English to name a few languages) with open arms, and of course tea. Each room is unique and worth having a tour. The in-house chef makes marvelous traditional meals, served in a dining room complete with fireplace. You never have to leave the Riad, and I extended my stay and did just that. I arrived very ill after an experiment with street food and they treated me like a caring mother, fetching a local tea and catering simple foods to aid in my speedy recovery.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Anchorage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The rooms are very beautiful and unique. The is also a very nice roof-top terrace. Houda is the manager and she welcomed us as a friend. She helped us get taxis, luggage porters, english-speaking guide to the city, etc. She is very diligent to get you the best prices for taxis, luggage porters, comfort bus tickets to other cities and a guide. It helped us so much to have someone meet us at the airport and bring us to the Riad as it would have been difficult to find it ourselves. The cost was little and we booked this ahead with Houda. We found the alleyway clean and boys playing football outside the riad so felt very safe. Having an english-speaking guide to the souks, museums, etc. was a wonderful way to truly experience the city. He showed us tiny "hole-in-the-wall" bakeries, craftsmen, the man who keeps he fires for the hamman and is a musician!, too, etc.. We would have never found these on our own. There is also a nice rooftop cafe (Cafe Snack) in the first small market square closest to the Riad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Langenthal, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Very nice, friendly and comfy Riad. Away from main tourist bustle but convinient to center. Very friendly and helpful staff. The manager Houda speaks french ,italian and english and is very welcoming. The ambiance is very tasteful, a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

We have recently returned from a short break to marrakech where we stayed at the Les Ammonites Riad in Marrakech.This is a small Riad in the centre of Marakesh.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Jamal and Simon helped to ensure that our stay was relaxing and stress free.
We decided to have dinner at Les Ammonites on two occasions.The food was some of the best we had during our stay and I would recommend that anyone staying at the Riad take advantage of Leilas authentic Morrocan cooking.

One important piece of advice we would like to share. Book a taxi from the UK to take you from the airport to the Riad. Otherwise it is very probable you would be unable to find it.

The only minor downside the shower water didn't remain hot for long enough. On balance a great stay and we'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple