“If you like it "risky" then this is your hostel (!)”
Review of Riad Massine II

Riad Massine II
Riad Massine II
Ranked #158 of 278 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Istanbul, Turkey
“If you like it "risky" then this is your hostel (!)”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hostel was "illegal". There was no sign or anything and you are not asked for any information. You just pay and go to your room. So if anything happens to you, there's no official data of your stay in this hostel. It is like you are just staying at some random house in Marrakech. So it is not really safe. Location is not safe either as you have to walk through dark tunnels to reach. And there are no signs neither on the way nor on the door of the hostel. And the rooms are unlocked. No keys.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2010

nice people, but roudy crowds can make for an uncomfortable stay. also one of the staff hit on me which was really unwelcome. but overall, good location and price

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
hamburg
Reviewed April 24, 2010

The team of Riad Massine II and also Casa del Sol was overwhelming friendly, offered us a great hospitality and a warm home away from home!!! I can only recommend it to everyone. Casa del Sol is a little closer to the place and easier to find. Thanks to everyone there!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I stayed in this riad with two friends and it has been one of the nicest, friendliest places I've stayed in. Apart from the cold shower (only in our room, other rooms were fine), I have no complaints. The staff are extremely helpful and will assist you in booking trips to the desert and help you get your bearings in Marrakech by taking you the main square. There is an airport pick up if needed as taxi''s WILL rip you off! You should only pay 60/70 Dirhams to Bab Laqsor gate where you need to be dropped off.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Kamal and Hassan are amazing. The place is clean, the people who are staying there are all generally super nice, too. Practically everyone in the Riad went out for dinner one night while I was there. Kamal and Hassan:

Explained Moroccan culture for me
Told me how much I should pay for certain things
Booked a fantastic trip top the desert for me
Taught me (and a few others) how to cook tagine!

I absolutely LOVED my stay here and would stay again in a second! I HIGHLY recommend it! Oh and the free hi speed wireless internet is a HUGE plus...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
london
Reviewed May 21, 2009

This place is amazing. On arrival Kamal the manager sat me and and another guest down, made tea and told us about life in Marrakech and Morocco in general. Gave us a native's perspective of what to see, do and how to behave in the city. He showed us about the Riad and told us to treat it like home, which i definately did, and just to have fun. This was the second riad i had stayed in while there and was definately the nicer of the two. Clean well cared for. Excellent roof terrace and another one above that. Location wise it couldn't be better placed. 5 mins max from the Jem El Fna square and in all the craziness that is the souqs it unbelievably easy to find. Kamal walked us to the main square and told us how to find the place on the way back. If you stay you'll find his instructions idiot proof. I arrived the day before my friends and the looks on their faces while i was walkling them to the place was a real picture. I was with 4 other friends and Kamal made sure we were taken care of. Carrying in beer to keep the fridge stocked and staying up with us on the terrace and hanging with the other guests. It was my birthday while out there and he got all the guests together and a cake and reallyl made my stay special. They offer all sorts of trips that you would like from the Atlas to the Desert (sp?). I had their breakfast once as i was usually out and about first thing, but it was lovely and made on the spot. This place really felt like a home from a home and would love to take the girlfriend back there.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends