“Floating over the African pastures”

Ciel d'Afrique Hot Air Ballooning
Book In Advance
More Info
$249.14*
and up
Marrakech Hot Air Balloon Sunrise Flight with Berber Breakfast
More attraction details
Owner description: Morocco is a marvellous country. The Hot Air Ballooning is the average ideal to discover of it the secrecies and the heat of its inhabitants, Ciel d'Afrique Hot Air Ballooning over Morocco since 1990.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Ciel de Afrique provides a great hot air balooning experience. Daniele is a superb pilot, with a;wealth of knowledge about the area we floated over.
The experience includes seeing the baloon being prepared for flight and a wonderful breakfast in a local village . The breakfast experince is not touristy, it is a great chance to experience the superb Morrocan hospitality.

1  Thank gowoop
"champagne flight"
"friendly pilot"
"flight certificate"

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked this for my husbands birthday. There was no getting involved win the preparation of the balloon as stated on the website. We paid more for champagne a d only 2 people to a corner of be basket. I did not feel as though this was value for money as other people who had paid standard fee ended up in a 2 person corner as well due to the number of people in the basket. There was no wind that day so we really o ly drifted. There was nothing really to see below us. We ended up landing a few feet away from where we started. Had breakfast at a Berber home. Nothing special really. I enjoyed the experience but think it was a little overpriced for the VIP flight and the weather conditions on the day. Would like to have travelled further.

5  Thank Rosie12
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were picked up from the square near our Riad at 5am and driven out into the desert where we saw the sun come up over the Atlas mountains. We watched the ballon being filled and then there was a mad scramble to get into the ballon. You climb into compartments in the basket using toe holes in the side of the basket (and a push up from the locals) and we were away.
The flight lasted for about an hour and we travelled approx 17km. It was noiser than I expected with the burners being used a lot. The heat of the burners warmed your head.
The support vehicles were waiting for us when we landed (and what a good landing the pilot made).
We then went on to have breakfast at a Burbur house. Beautiful fresh bread and the inevitable sweet mint tea. The Burbur house reminded me strongly of the black houses my grandparents grew up in.

3  Thank Nemetona
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I decided to celebrate my birthday with this amazing adventure. everything was perfect and well organized. It was the first time for me with a balloon and it wasn't scary at all. the flight was smooth and elegant, it s like to be in a movie!
after the landing we had breakfast all together with maurice also, the owner of the company, in a house of a village where a very welcoming woman prepared tea and offered us delicious homebread, pancakes and honey. I liked it, it was a very nice way to end our fantastic adventure.

2  Thank dunem0sse
See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was with out a doubt one of the most amazing experiences of my life that will never be forgotten. I booked it as a surprise for my partner whilst we were holidaying in Marrakech and we both thought it was amazing start to finish. I can see how some people have had issues as I am the most organised person and booked it weeks in advance and did get concerned 6 days before our experience that I had not been asked where we were staying, so I followed this up and all was fine untill 2 days before I had heard nothing so I emailed again to confirm but was not given a pick up time so I was left confused about what to do not wanting to wait around for hours early in the morning unnecessarily; but wires had some how got crossed and 6.10 I had a phone call from reception to see if we were meeting our driver well my partner and I have never got ready so quickly in our lives which set the experience off on a bad foot as the driver wasn't best pleased with our lateness (turns out they had rang out hotel Riu Tikida Palmerie the day before and left a message confirming times ect but this message had been put on my bedside table with our room card case which looks identical so I had not noticed it until a few days later so if you stay with RIU look out for messages as they do not inform you) but once we got to the set up point it became amazing and we quickly forgot about the earlier problem. Watching the people set it all up was amazing and as soon as the sun had rose we were ready for take off, I get bad motion sickness so I was very concerned but it was amazing like flying it felt so effortless and peaceful. Our pilot Daniel was amazing he told us so much information about the areas we were flying over and was a absolute pro, the landing was easy and no where near as bad as I had imagined and soon enough we were packed up and off to meet Fatima for our Moroccan breakfast which was a amazing experience she was a absolute star, we also got to meet Maurice the owner who told us a wealth of information about himself, ballooning and Marrakech its self he was a fountain of knowledge and a pleasure to meet as was our driver/pilot Daniel. Over all this was a amazing experience I would urge everyone who has the opportunity to do it to do so you will not be dissapointed, probably best to contact them direct and just keep communications with them near to your flight date and look out for messages off the hotel and you will have the most breath taking time ever.

1  Thank eviehart