“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #194 of 504 Hotels in Marrakech
london
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

a very nice hotel. i would practice speaking french though. the breakfast is fine but where are the eggs???i would not recommend the massage and hammam because the felt hurried and the massage was too gentle for me. could not tell her that because she spoke no english. well everything else was fine. the pool, restaurant, and the service was excellent. and thank goodness for that english speaking lady receptionist, we really appreciated her. by the way room was amazing!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel only for 1 night with my sister and her bf. But even in this short period of time i really enjoyed this hotel starting from interior finishing with service at the pool restaurant (was feeling like queen). We really liked the bar with live music as well as warm swimming pool (it was still march). Its very relaxing hotel even though its pretty big. Its definitely worth the money you pay. Food was very good, big variety and loads of fresh fruit. I would love to come back to spend more time over there!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for a week. We wanted a sunny but cultural getaway and had the most amazing time. From the moment we entered we were breath taken by the beauty of the hotel. It's a modern newly build hotel but still has the decorative and cultural feel of a riad. Buffet breakfast in the mornings was amazing especially the mint tea and the service was brilliant (they wouldn't even let me carry it myself to my table) certain individuals like ahmed who was extremely friendly, fun and helpful, and hecham who organised our excursions for camel riding and the Atlas Mountains were such a pleasure. Speaking basic french helps. The hotel is situated very close to a huge shopping centre where there is a big supermarket and some restaurants like Italian food, dominos etc. 5 mins from jamaa al fnaa square and the hotel offers a free shuttle service. Overall we had an amazing time, we miss morocco so much! And would recommend his hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Izza1234
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The pool area really is as good as it looks in the photos, the Spa good value only 350 MAD for Hammam and massage. All the staff from reception through to the bell boys were helpful and attentive. We went on a trip to the high atlas that was organised by the hotel, through the French firm Fram who have a desk there. Would recommend this to see the contrasts of this country from the designer shops to Berber villages. Rooms were a good size, clean and well furnished, kids liked the doors and alcove sitting areas. We dined one evening in the a la carte Moroccan restaurant where the service was exemplary and the setting made you feel you were not in a large hotel.
The hotel was a great base for Marrakech and a place to relax when the hassle of the souks get too much.

Room Tip: Go for a pool room, we had a ground floor with a small patio and steps that led down to the pool are...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is a beautiful resort, with excellent amenities, including a variety of cuisines at the various restaurants, evening entertainment, and a beautiful spa. The hotel really does have a 5* feel about it, with the rooms being beautifully decorated, and with all amenities you would need.
The only negative is that the medina is a taxi ride away, costing about £5 to get there. The shuttle bus only runs during the day and only once an hour.

Overall this hotel is excellent value, and we very much enjoyed our stay here. You will just need to brush up on your French as it is very hard to find someone that speaks decent English here

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed for 6 nights in April. I don't know whether it was unseasonably hot but it was around 32 degrees cels everyday and the pool was still heated. I imagine it would be good for when the weather is cool but when you are trying to cool down its not great. The hotel was beautiful though. There were plenty of sunbeds and the staff were happy to help us move them. We had to pay a deposit to borrow pool towels. Although the service was good and generally friendly they did seem to need more staff in the pool bar. We were often left waiting ages to be served and as they weren't really any restaurants nearby we were stuck eating there at lunch. The food was very nice and good value though. The location wasn't great as you need to get a taxi to get to the medina. The hotel has a shuttle bus to go there in the day but it stops at 7pm. The room was nicely decorated but our room faced the main road and was very noisy at night.We all had treatments in the spa which were excellent. Overall this is a great hotel if you want a mixture of pool holiday and city break as we did.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We arrived at this impressive hotel late in the evening and after admiring the beautiful reception room were shown to our lovely room (very well appointed, great shower, lovely patio and super clean!) and told where to take breakfast and where tennis courts, pool, spa were located etc. I then decided I wanted a bottle of water for the room and ideally a sandwich to eat or similar so strolled back to reception to inquire if this would be ok. A helpful man phoned to order my water and then stayed on the phone inquiring as to what food I could order at this time of night...he asked me whether a club sandwich would be suitable...just then a man appeared with a bottle of water which he proceeded to slam down on the reception counter and then he started raging at the man on the phone behind the desk and he pressed the phone so as to hang up the call that he had been on! The man behind the desk looked embarrassed and intimidated and advised me hurriedly to go back to my room and dial 25 to order the sandwich and when I asked about the water he told me to order that via 25 too....as I walked quickly away, the other man who had come up began shouting again very loudly and angrily in Arabic and I felt intimidated and scared and put out by the whole situation but I ordered water which was brought to the room and forgot about the situation as this was not something I encountered again luckily! The hotel itself is very lovely, the pool is large and there are plenty of sunbeds, I used the spa for a massage and facial which was excellent and breakfast every day was varied and chilled out.
All staff around the pool and at reception were pretty helpful although the language barrier sometimes made certain things slightly more difficult but nothing that couldn't be overcome. However I would advise brushing up on your French or bringing a phrase book or downloading a language app to bridge any confusion with the French and English conversion.
We also dined at the onsite Moroccan restaurant one night and the food and service (and wine) were tasty and not expensive.
There is a carrefour supermarket nearby from which we stocked up on water and a few snacks for our room. And the shuttle bus to the Medina etc is very handy and cost effective (it being free!) Plus there are taxi's opposite for when you want to travel out in the evening to the Medina/Night Market for tradition, shopping and cheap meals or to The New City for fine dining, drinks, bars and chic clubs.
There are also bars, restaurants and nightclubs (including Pacha) just minutes walk outside this hotel so location if you prefer to be away from the hustle and bustle but with it still easily accessible is perfect.
The pool and sunbeds etc was a particular highlight of the hotel and I enjoyed getting involved with the afternoon aqua aerobics (my exercise for the day!) and the pool staff were pretty helpful. We did find that the poolside waiters only came around occasionally so if you see one, order your drinks/food pronto o take a walk to the bar to order for yourself!
In spite of the early dramatics of the man loudly berating another in front of me, the overall feel of this hotel is calm and serene and would be ideal for any ladies/gents/couples relaxation break with the wonderful sunshine filled pool area and lovely cool interior areas where you can relax away from the sunshine should you want to take a break from the heat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends