Riad Louaya
$307
$1,058
$1,022
Hotels.com
All reviewsexcellent locationfirst floorthe ground floorbreakfast was deliciousmint teavisiting marrakechthree nightsrooftop terracehakimairportmedinacourtyarddrivermorocco
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Beautifully decorated
Lovely bathroom with working toilet (this shouldn't be a bonus, but I've found in regards to Moroccan accommodation, that this really is a big bonus)
Very helpful employees
Free wifi or access to their wifi enabled computer (if you didn't bring a tablet/comp/phone)
Great breakfast

Room had a musty kind of smell initially. I opened the window, and it was okay.
This place is a lot of alleyway turns off the main road. I was just a little bit afraid at night (as a solo female traveler). One of the alleyways had a lot of construction going on-- holes and such -- so that wasn't so much fun.

Overall, Pluses far outweigh the minuses, great little place, highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ese1111
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A bit tricky to find, but once you're there its very peaceful, relaxing and secluded. Wonderful breakfast every morning included, with the traditional morroccan tea! Staff very freindly and helpful, especially the manager whose english is word perfect and was always on hand to help- or chase after us with an umbrella on an overcast day! Wonderful roof terrace for relaxing in the sun and gazing over the Marrakesh skyline

Room Tip: We stayed in Neroli room, which I would recommend- traditional morroccan decor, high ceilings and a beautiful ornate wardrobe. Each of the 4 rooms are slightly different. We also spent one night in Ambre room which was cosy but quite small and by the kitchen so a little loud in the morning(but it is the cheapest one!). All rooms have there own bathroom but Ambre's is across the courtyard, so if this would be a problem, book one of the other rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shroomballoon
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at Riad Louaya for a couple of nights and then returned for one more. We really enjoyed our stay there. We did find the Riad difficult to find, but other reviewers did not have the same problem so it may be down to our map reading skills (the taxi driver sending us in the wrong direction did not help matters either).
The Riad itself is so pretty. It is traditionally decorated and the roof terrace is lovely, with various seating areas, sofas and loungers. We loved chilling out on the roof terrace at the end of the day.
We had two different rooms, both triples. The first room was a good size and had plenty of room for the three of us. The only complaint I had was that there was no door to the bathroom but rather a curtain. We were three friends travelling together so perhaps shared more than we would have liked. Other than that, we had no complaints.
The breakfast was included and good.
The area was perfect, it was close to the main square a 10 minute walk or so away, but its also on a street with a local Moroccan market so it feels a bit out of the tourist trap in a good way.
The people who work and run the Riad were really accommodating, helpful and friendly.
Overall a really good stay and we would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2011

While touring Morocco for 35 days, this Riad was perfect for all the reasons: great location (just 10 minutes walk to Djemaa El-Fna, Koutobia and other historic sites plus banks, exchanges, ATM, etc), simple but beautiful cozy room, clean and above all a great place to relax in the calm medina' alleyways during my 8 days in Marrakech! Nice and helpful staff. I recommend this Riad and if back again to Marrakech I'll stay there for sure. Insh'allah!
Cheers from Macau SAR -China
Jacira Monteiro

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JacyMacauSAR
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I stayed in Riad Louaya for 3 nights with my mother and sister. We liked this riad because:
- it's relatively easy to find: it's close to Dar el Bacha palace and famous restaurants Dar Moha and Dar Marjana, so it's easy to tell taxi driver/caleche driver where to go
- It's relatively close to important sights: Marrakesh museum/Madrasah Ben Youssef is arond 10 mins walk; Djemaa el Fna is 10-15 mins walk
- it's very quiet and comfortable
- the staff is VERY friendly and helpful: I forgot one of my bags when checking out and one of the staff ran all the way to the main road to give it to me
- we felt quite safe walking around the area after dark
- the riad decoration is beautiful but restrained -- but you can still see the original features of the riad such as the calligraphy around the courtyard, which we found very interesting

One thing I don't like is the bed in our room (the triple room) - it's very hard, especially the single bed. If you like soft bed then this will be a problem; if you prefer moderately firm bed (like me) then you will find a sleep but only after a while.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family