“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #182 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After being traveling for 3 months I was getting tired of staying in hotels. As soon as I got at this Riad I just felt at home. The staff are just amazing. They definitely make you feel welcome. Beautiful breakfast and make sure you book a dinner there. It's totally worth. The location is perfect. Just a short walk to restaurants and the medina. I'd like to thanks to everyone from Riad Alamir. You guys made my stay in Marrakech really special.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Even though we hadn't actually booked this Riad (we'd booked another one, nearby, and there was some confusion around that initially), we adored everything about the Riad Alamir. The staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming - no one more than our absolute favourite person, Rachid: he was a constant source of advice and help and always welcomed us back to the Riad with a bright smile. My cousin and I stayed five nights and were so well taken care of, we felt we were in a boutique hotel. It's all the small touches that count in a place like this: delicious breakfast; perfect location near the Bab Ksour; beautiful, peaceful roof terrace; tranquil courtyard with pool; and a spotless, cool, cozy room. Superb all round.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anna_C_M84
Alicante, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A fantastic riad, staying at the Alamir made our visit to Marrakech totally memorable! Beautifully decorated with a lovely plunge pool in the central courtyard. Perfect location, just a 5 minute walk to the Djemaa el Fna square, it also provided a perfect escape from all the hustle and bustle.
The staff were extremely helpful, Rashid in particular, and the breakfasts were delicious.
Our room was comfortable and clean but the bathroom a little basic. There was just a curtain to separate the bathroom from the bedroom and unfortunately we had a shower that sprayed water in every direction so we had to endure a little flooding after every shower. This is just a minor hitch, and I would definately return to the Alamir if I am lucky enough to visit Marrakech again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We arranged with the Raid to have a car collect us from the airport which was the best thing we did as we would never have found it, ever.. it was located down some narrow alley ways which were undergoing resurfacing, The staff were very welcoming with mint tea and gave us a map and pointed out all the points of interest, places to eat etc. Our room was located on the top floor, it was very pleasant with a four poster bed and was very bright as it overlooked the terrace. The shower area and toilet are seperated from the room by means of a curtain, so you can't be shy!! it is a very quiet and peaceful place which is a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of the souks. The traditional breakfast was lovely and served on the terrace, which being just outside our bedroom window meant we had even less privacy, especially as the other guests ate breakfast there too. I used to put my IPOD on and have music playing whilst we were getting ready, in order to gain a little privacy! The Raid is ideally situated, only a few minutes walk away from the main market square Jemaa el-Fnaa. like a previous reviewer says, there is no lock on the door, but the chap on reception (can't remember his name!) gave us a padlock to use. it is a lovely riad and i would recommend it for couples, i can't comment on families as we didn't see any of the other rooms, but our was lovely if you can cope with limited privacy!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am so so happy that we booked this beautiful Riad...it truly is a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of the medina in Marrakech! I booked the Riad for myself, my husband and sister-in-law based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. We stayed here for 2 nights before we did a 5 day tour into the desert and then came back here for our final night before flying home. We all shared a room which was lovely and clean and there was plenty of space for all 3 of us and our luggage. The rest of the Riad really is stunning and a plunge pool in the reception area made the place look extra special. The staff were incredible...a special thank you to Rashid, the night guard who was extremely helpful and accommodating and to the kitchen staff who made super tasty breakfasts and mint tea.
It is a little difficult to find at first and we were pleased we took the offer from the Riad and were picked up from the airport. This cost us €15 and took away any stress of travelling there with all our luggage (although we organised our own taxi for the way back which we managed to barter down to €5). Rashid met us from where we were dropped off and escorted us to the Riad. He provided us with a map and pointed out the main areas we wanted to visit during our stay. The Riad is only a 7 minute walk to the main square which was useful as this is where all the amazing markets are and places to eat.
If I return to Marrakech, I will definitely come back to this Riad. For those travellers planning to stay here (and I recommend that you do!), please note that there was no lock on the door. There's a bolt lock on the inside and the outside but no key-lock. Luckily, we had brought a combination lock that we used for when we left the room so it wasn't an issue but keep this in mind when you come here. Other than that, there were no issues. It was very special place and I was sad to say goodbye when we left!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kat K
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I don't know where to begin describing the kindness and overly-accommodating nature of all the employees at Riad Alamir. Yassin, our gracious host; Samira, ever-obliging kitchen staff, and especially Rashid- our night staff who was selfless, considerate and ready to manage our every need. They were like family to us by the end of our brief stay. Each did everything possible to make sure we had the best of what we needed. We had an early start to the desert.. they woke up even earlier to make us breakfast. We'd arrive back after an exhausting day.. they'd send us a complimentary tray of hot mint tea without us even asking.

Aside from this, the Riad is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to come back to enjoy the plunge pool in the Summer. The breakfasts are simple, traditional and delicious and often taken on the rooftop terrace with Josephine the pet tortoise. The riad is a pleasant 7min walk to the amazing Djemaa el Fna market, and I'm not sure I'd want it any closer as there is so much activity the moment you step out on the street.

My family is from London but I live in New York now. So I met my brother and sister-in-law in Marrakech for a brief and precious trip. It was so important to us that all ran smoothly and I can't express higher gratitude to Riad Alamir for making our stay so special. This is a high recommend.

Room Tip: There is a beautiful room with a canopy bed that opens onto the terrace. If the riad isn't busy...