“A lovely and welcoming Riad!”
Review of Riad Alamir

Riad Alamir
Ranked #165 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am so so happy that we booked this beautiful Riad...it truly is a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of the medina in Marrakech! I booked the Riad for myself, my husband and sister-in-law based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. We stayed here for 2 nights before we did a 5 day tour into the desert and then came back here for our final night before flying home. We all shared a room which was lovely and clean and there was plenty of space for all 3 of us and our luggage. The rest of the Riad really is stunning and a plunge pool in the reception area made the place look extra special. The staff were incredible...a special thank you to Rashid, the night guard who was extremely helpful and accommodating and to the kitchen staff who made super tasty breakfasts and mint tea.
It is a little difficult to find at first and we were pleased we took the offer from the Riad and were picked up from the airport. This cost us €15 and took away any stress of travelling there with all our luggage (although we organised our own taxi for the way back which we managed to barter down to €5). Rashid met us from where we were dropped off and escorted us to the Riad. He provided us with a map and pointed out the main areas we wanted to visit during our stay. The Riad is only a 7 minute walk to the main square which was useful as this is where all the amazing markets are and places to eat.
If I return to Marrakech, I will definitely come back to this Riad. For those travellers planning to stay here (and I recommend that you do!), please note that there was no lock on the door. There's a bolt lock on the inside and the outside but no key-lock. Luckily, we had brought a combination lock that we used for when we left the room so it wasn't an issue but keep this in mind when you come here. Other than that, there were no issues. It was very special place and I was sad to say goodbye when we left!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kat K

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I don't know where to begin describing the kindness and overly-accommodating nature of all the employees at Riad Alamir. Yassin, our gracious host; Samira, ever-obliging kitchen staff, and especially Rashid- our night staff who was selfless, considerate and ready to manage our every need. They were like family to us by the end of our brief stay. Each did everything possible to make sure we had the best of what we needed. We had an early start to the desert.. they woke up even earlier to make us breakfast. We'd arrive back after an exhausting day.. they'd send us a complimentary tray of hot mint tea without us even asking.

Aside from this, the Riad is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to come back to enjoy the plunge pool in the Summer. The breakfasts are simple, traditional and delicious and often taken on the rooftop terrace with Josephine the pet tortoise. The riad is a pleasant 7min walk to the amazing Djemaa el Fna market, and I'm not sure I'd want it any closer as there is so much activity the moment you step out on the street.

My family is from London but I live in New York now. So I met my brother and sister-in-law in Marrakech for a brief and precious trip. It was so important to us that all ran smoothly and I can't express higher gratitude to Riad Alamir for making our stay so special. This is a high recommend.

Room Tip: There is a beautiful room with a canopy bed that opens onto the terrace. If the riad isn't busy...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Riad Alamir is a relaxing peaceful place to stay within the busy medina of Marrakech. The rooms are decorated in a Moroccan style which is very nice. The staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfast was lovely,served on the rooftop terrace, varying each morning, but always with fresh fruit, yogurts, bread and cakes. There is a tortoise called Josephine living in the garden of the riad. Very cute. I would defiantly come back here if I returned to marrakech.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Its been 1 1/2 years (April 2011) since I stayed here with 2 of my best travel buddies and I still think about how lucky we were to have found this Riad. We don't speak French (or Arabic), so it was nice to have a place where we could ask questions in English and trust the answers! Upon arriving we were given a short oreintation and some mint tea, and a map so that we could find our way back to the riad, once we left and came back a couple times it was pretty simple. The three of us shared a room, but there was plenty of space. The breakfast was great, and we asked to have dinner on the terrace one night, it was well worth the money! In addition to giving us great food suggestions in the Medina, the staff set up an excersion to the Ourika Valley to Setti Fatma and see the 7 waterfalls up close. In addition they set up an authentic hammam experience, which I highly recommend! I felt very safe there, and they were very accomodating, a great experience!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I would strongly recommend this riad on every aspect. Extremely Well decorated, this Riad is 5 min. walk from the Place Jamel el Fna and is located righ into the Medina. The Staff were very attentive to our need, espcially with our 4 year old daughter. Like every place in the Medina, be prepare to walk few minutes before findind the riad, but onece you know it, it's very easy. the pool is small but very cool and refreshing. If we go back to Marrakesh, this riad will surely be our home again! We strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I'm not really sure what to say beyond the basics. The Riad itself is beautifully decorated. The staff is extremely helpful. Location is a 10 minute walk to the main entrance of the Medina; 5 minute walk to another section. Breakfast is a great (non-american) meal. You're able to hear a beautiful call for prayer from within the riad. I would stay here again without any hesitation. The most helpful staff I have ever encountered. Also close to an ATM and a currency exchange place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights during July 2012 (probably too long for a visit to Marrakech though)

This was a fantastic Riad. The staff were great, especially Rashid who was extremely helpful, polite and would do his best to sort anything out for you.

The breakfasts were good, with fruit, yoghurt and cake each morning.

The Riad would be extremely difficult to find without prior knowledge so I would definatley go for the 15 Euro charge of getting the Riad to take you from the airport. I would suggest though, just booking it one way because you would be a lot cheaper just going out to the street and getting a taxi back to the airport.

Our bedroom was very good, no faults at all.

My only complaint though was with the owner (I think his name was Stefan but he introduced himself as the proprietor and this was the only time I met him). One afternoon he knocked on our bedroom door and asked to show his 'friends' around our room. I then felt I had to leave the room so he could do this. I thought this was totally unprofessional and rude! How would he like it if while he was staying at his 5 star hotel and the owner came and did the same to him!!

I have not let this affect the rating though because otherwise this place was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple