We should have stayed 3 nights in this place but in fact, we only slept twice.
Sometimes, it happens!
I have booked more than 2 months in advance a suite (Sa majesté la rose) for 3 nights, including transfer from/to the airport.
This should have been 2 nights in July and the last in august, just before the departure to Europe.
The persons taking care of the Riad are a young couple (he's from Algeria and she's French, and they do have a young baby).
The room itself was ok, cleaned. The water in the bathroom is sometimes hot, sometimes cold...but this is really not so a big problem...except for kids.
When we stayed, the air conditioning was there but was not working fine. Every minute or so, the system shutdown and re-start with a noisy sound, in such way that it was impossible to sleep well.
We decided then to stop the clim but of course, then, it became warm quickly...
I talked to the manager of the Riad the first night and he told me that problem was solved, but in fact, we get the same problem for the second night i.e we did not sleep very well again.
The next morning, just before we left the Riad , for visiting Morocco, I asked for an "extra" orange juice (this cost 3 Dhs in the city), the answer was that we have to pay for it, and this was an extra !!!
After that, the manager told me that he could not give me the suite I have booked for, (for the 3rd night in august). But he assures me that I will not be disappointed and that I will get a similar room. (At that time, it was not possible to see the room as it was occupied).
When we came back in august, we saw the room which was totally NOT the one we expected.
The room was small and was absolutely not corresponding to the booking I made some weeks ago.
The manager told me that I could leave if I was not satisfied and then he was willing to reimburse me the money.
Then, the conversation was not so friendly at all. The calculation for the reimbursement was taking so much time that I started to be impatient to leave this place. After a while, due to the fact maybe that the conversation raised up, he told me that he was not supposed to give me the money back!
I told him then that I will see the police if I did not get my money; then he invites me to do so...
I went outside and in the place Laarouss, not so far away (about 100 yards), I when to the police station and talked to the main police officer.
The police officer calls them and told them that they were having problems with tourists...
During the time I was in the police station, my wife gets the money (Not all as he was not able to calculate the exact amount of money he should give me ...)
I left then the police station and I met , shortly after the call from the police, the manager of the Riad on his white scooter.
He told me "Give me my money and come to the police station"
Of course, that money was mine as I did not get the room I booked for, and because we decided not to stay.
Then we left to another quietest place outside the city, far away from this place.
The place would have been nice if :
- The air conditioned was working properly.
- The water would have been on the correct temperature
- The door would have a lock (the room are NOT locked) and I wonder what could happen in case of something is stolen!
- The breakfast will be better (just the minimum and if you want an extra, you need to pay for it)
- The managers just think about business and making money. They do not care about customers. The smiles are just hypocrisy.
Do what you want, test yourself if you want to, but follow my advice, do not go to this place.
There is much better places to go in Marrakech than here. And for a cheaper price.
This was really a bad experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dans la tangente de la célèbre place Jamaa El Fna, vous serez accueilli dans l'art de la tradition marocaine : chaleureusement et respectueusement. Vous découvrirez la magie de l'Orient alliée au design et au calme d'Utopia Suites & Spa. Toujours à votre écoute et à votre service, notre équipe vous recevra avec les prestations d'un hôtel de luxe et fera du Riad votre demeure : senteurs fleuries, massages délicats, soins de beauté, mets aux mille et une épices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad Utopia Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Utopia Suites And Spa
- Riad Utopia Hotel Marrakech