“hell hole”
Review of Riad Mogador

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Mogador
Ranked #436 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed July 16, 2014

do not book this hotel, you have been warned. read the reviews and believe them.
it is hell hole, starting outside, its in middle no where, near bus station and fruit market. at night its deserted and scary, it stinks and there are no cafes restaurants nearby.

the double rooms are tiny, dirty, stained, my air con was a fan giving hot heat, wardrobe was behind tv, tiny wardrobe, no draws, no dressing table, the sockets were on the ceiling, when i complained, they gave me extention wire. bathroom was disgusting tiny.

the staff are just liars, rude and arrogant, i stayed there two hours, couldnt stand minute longer
and had booked 28 days. i immediately booked agdal hotel, got taxi and went straight there. luckily travel republic refunded my money less 120 pounds

TOP TIP, BOOK THE AGDAL HOTEL, IN GUELIZ, IF YOU GET THE ROOMS OVER LOOKING THE SWIMMING POOL, THEY ARE AMAZING, BIG ROOMS, CLEANED EVERYDAY, BALCONIES, AIR CONDITIONING, JUST DONT EAT IN HOTEL, GREAT CAFE ACROSS ROAD, FRESH AMAZING FOOD AND CHEAP

GREAT RECEPTION STAFF. I STAYED HERE BEFORE MANY TIMES, FOR CHANGE I BOOK MOGADOR, BIG MISTAKE. WHEN I WALKED IN AGDAL WAS LIKE PARADISE..
THERE ARE OTHER HOTELS TOO AROUND HERE, BUT AGDAL IS BIG AND COMFORTABLE, NOT TIGHT AND RESTRICTED ROOMS LIKE OTHER 3 STAR HOTELS.

Room Tip: dont book any room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Riad Mogador

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed for 5 days, not the best hotel, the electrics blew after 1/2 hr of being there, tv ariel had to be replaced, lifts dont always work, we got stuck!, dirty cups and plates in the dining room. Had to ask 4 times for pillows and was given 1 and 2 towels even though there was 4 of us.
Fag ends round the pool and stained table cloths, despite this the staff were very helpful even when they were busy, and the cleaning staff came everday. Could be a good hotel but needs to try harder.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel staff exploited my family for more money and made us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome and at unease. They were hostile and extremely unhelpful. They put us through troubles just to give us our room and charged us extra for unnecessary purposes.
I advice you, sincerely from my heart, please do not make the mistake of staying at this hotel. You will be disappointed and very unhappy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was booked into this hotel at the beginning and end of a trek in the High Atlas Mountains. Frankly I found the standard of the Riad Mogador to be appalling.

The general décor of the bedrooms was quite shabby with dirty, chipped walls, “patched up” paint work and smeared mirrors. Both the rooms in which I stayed were long overdue for a complete redecoration and refurnishing – as were, I suspect, the other bedrooms. On visiting the restaurant – a rather drab, uninteresting place – I noticed many of the cups were chipped or cracked. At breakfast on one occasion I was about to drink coffee from my cup when I noticed a lipstick smear on the edge of the cup.

On my return to the hotel on 16th September I had reported to reception that the telephone in my room was not working. This was not rectified and consequently, whenever I wished to contact reception, I was obliged to descend three floors to do so.

On the morning of 17th September, at 10:00 am I left some items of clothing at reception to be laundered. I was told they would be ready by 10:00am the following day. Despite several visits to reception after this time the laundry was not returned to me until 12:30pm on 18th September

Unfortunately it was not until my final morning that I noticed that the bed linen was soiled with what appeared to be specks of dried blood.

I drew the attention of the reception staff to these shortcomings but my protestations were met with an air of indifference.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank fernhill54
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me and a large group of friends stayed here in May'13 and we didn't expect too much from a 3* just basics. Overall we were disappointed at the hotel staff who barely wanted to help with the many problems that came about with the hotel!! U couldn't even get them to smile and when they did it was cos they wanted your money.

Food was edible in most cases but I was put off at the hygiene mainly. Beware meat smells very strong, don't know if this is because its more fresh or the opposite.

2 nights we stayed without air conditioning (it was leaking heavily! ) n they said they couldn't move us because they had no rooms!!! What a lie!! It's a huge hotel with barely any guests (I wonder why)

They were not helpful at all even with basic questions they were very reluctant to even respond!!! Only nice ppl were the door men.

If u hav choice do not stay here

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Unless this the only available hotel do not stay here.I can not think of one positive.the hotel was so bad we checked out early to go and stay somewhere else.The rooms were dirty,the service was terrible and the noise from the nearby bus depot was also very loud.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chirs T
Reviewed November 5, 2012

this hotel is a characterless, featureless dump with the most basic bedrooms, worn out furniture and bathrooms that need a thorough clean. We were on an package family adventure trip which included two nights in the hotel, we checked out after night one and paid out of our own pocket to stay at the al fassia even though this hotel had already been paid for.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family