WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Where shallI start?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad Mogador

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Mogador
Ranked #415 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Farnborough
“Where shallI start?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was booked into this hotel at the beginning and end of a trek in the High Atlas Mountains. Frankly I found the standard of the Riad Mogador to be appalling.

The general décor of the bedrooms was quite shabby with dirty, chipped walls, “patched up” paint work and smeared mirrors. Both the rooms in which I stayed were long overdue for a complete redecoration and refurnishing – as were, I suspect, the other bedrooms. On visiting the restaurant – a rather drab, uninteresting place – I noticed many of the cups were chipped or cracked. At breakfast on one occasion I was about to drink coffee from my cup when I noticed a lipstick smear on the edge of the cup.

On my return to the hotel on 16th September I had reported to reception that the telephone in my room was not working. This was not rectified and consequently, whenever I wished to contact reception, I was obliged to descend three floors to do so.

On the morning of 17th September, at 10:00 am I left some items of clothing at reception to be laundered. I was told they would be ready by 10:00am the following day. Despite several visits to reception after this time the laundry was not returned to me until 12:30pm on 18th September

Unfortunately it was not until my final morning that I noticed that the bed linen was soiled with what appeared to be specks of dried blood.

I drew the attention of the reception staff to these shortcomings but my protestations were met with an air of indifference.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fernhill54

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Luton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me and a large group of friends stayed here in May'13 and we didn't expect too much from a 3* just basics. Overall we were disappointed at the hotel staff who barely wanted to help with the many problems that came about with the hotel!! U couldn't even get them to smile and when they did it was cos they wanted your money.

Food was edible in most cases but I was put off at the hygiene mainly. Beware meat smells very strong, don't know if this is because its more fresh or the opposite.

2 nights we stayed without air conditioning (it was leaking heavily! ) n they said they couldn't move us because they had no rooms!!! What a lie!! It's a huge hotel with barely any guests (I wonder why)

They were not helpful at all even with basic questions they were very reluctant to even respond!!! Only nice ppl were the door men.

If u hav choice do not stay here

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Unless this the only available hotel do not stay here.I can not think of one positive.the hotel was so bad we checked out early to go and stay somewhere else.The rooms were dirty,the service was terrible and the noise from the nearby bus depot was also very loud.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chirs T

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

this hotel is a characterless, featureless dump with the most basic bedrooms, worn out furniture and bathrooms that need a thorough clean. We were on an package family adventure trip which included two nights in the hotel, we checked out after night one and paid out of our own pocket to stay at the al fassia even though this hotel had already been paid for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Riad Mogador Menara located at Rue Mohamed VI is a very beautiful hotel in the best area of Marrakech. While it is perfectly convenient if you are a tour participant which takes you in and out of the area by tour bus, it is not so convenient if you are on your own and want to walk into all the activities this city offers, because it is not near the city Medina. There rooms are comfortable and clean and the breakfast included is excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jose T
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

The worst hotel on the planet!! If you had a choice to stay here or at home - please stay at home! Filthy rooms - so much so, that I went to bed fullly clothed and wore flipflops around at all times! Shower that didn't drain, you end up standing ankle deep in shower scum, broken taps, filthy/stained towels. Wouldn't even think of touching the kitchen let alone cooking in it! The rooms we had were very simple and extremely unclean. There was a long couch that you could sit in but we didn't dare to, gross stains and weird smells, as well as dried, crusty food remnants! Breakfast was atrocious. Nothing else can describe it! Didn't use the pool but it looked awful. The view we looked out on was of a dusty carpark and nothing else.The staff didn't take any notice of us and watched their T.V at reception most of the time. The restaurant there looked terrible too, thankfuly we had dinner elsewhere! The only positive thing I can say is that our room had free wifi. I suggest to anyone reading this, choose a different place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was a simple hotel in a good location as it is in between the old town and the new town. The room and bathroom were shabby and only surface clean (wished I'd have taken some bleach with me)! However, the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was basic but plentiful. I would say if you staying for more than 2 or 3 nights then you should look for something better.
Marrakech issues, watch out for varying taxi prices and haggle, Easyjet mag says 60 dirham for a trip to town from the airport, it cost us 200 when we arrived and 150 when we left. Check prices before you set off anywhere in a taxi. Beware of friendly locals who start chatting to you, but then turn out to be your unofficial guide, we paid a small fee to someone who said he was the security guard at our hotel, but as it happens it was worth it, but he was difficult to shake off and after 2 hours guiding we wanted to be alone and had to be extremely firm in order to get rid of him. Its a pity they weren't more up front about it as a guide around the Medina is useful, however, keep walking around and you will eventually find the souks with many good things to buy. Haggle all prices especially spice prices as by the time they fill a bag you are paying much more than you expected. Keep handbags strapped to your body - a moped rider tried to snatch mine as we were crossing the road, he didn't succeed, but it could have been nasty if he hadn't have let go. In the Medina if you stop to consult your map locals will expect to assist you for a fee. Be firm and tell them NO. All in all a good experience, and I would go again, but go with your European eyes wide open!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the back overlooking a petrol station, other reviews said front rooms were noisy, but I...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple