“Absolutely Stunning”
Review of Riad Andalouse

Riad Andalouse
Ranked #449 of 1,187 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I loved this Riad! For me this was a dream come true. François was incredibly helpful with our daily plans and the staff were super attentive and trustworthy! Organise an airport pick up as it can be tricky to get to as are most places in the Medina. I loved it so much I was booked to stay 2 nights and I decided to stay extra days. The Riad is located 10-15 mins walking to the centre but I enjoyed being away from the tourist areas and the hustle and bustle. The walk was lovely and safe. I loved the restaurants that were recommended to me and we ate very well. The breakfast was delicious and enjoyed on the terrace. I swam in the pool which took time to adjust to the water but i thoroughly enjoyed it and found it aesthetically appealing while relaxing in the evenings. This place is suited for couples, groups, family, business and for people travelling solo if you want a little piece of tranquility. Every room and the entire place is beautifully decorated. This place for me is a piece of heaven waiting to be discovered! I loved it! I high guarantee staying here and I will return without doubts!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend in December and had a fantastic time. The Riad was beautiful and the staff were so helpful.

We had dinner and a hamman in the Riad both of which were lovely, furthermore the staff organised dinners and a driver for us at no extra cost.

It is not central but you can walk to the main squares and they will organise transport for you which means you do not need to worry.

Am already looking at planning a second trip!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank avak85
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We had a glorious week in this riad, it is a quite beautifully restored and decorated property, Francois and his staff could not have been more helpful. The food delightful (we chose to eat at the riad 4 out of 7 nights). Francois made sure every morning we knew how to find the tourist attractions and advised on things he thought might interest us and arranged and booked a trip into the Atlas mountains for us.
We found the riad really quite well sited within the medina, close enough to get into the busy souks and explore all the sites within the medina and great that we could escape at the end of the day back to the quiet of the riad. Loved it and would thoroughly recommend Francois and his beautiful riad.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had a wonderful long weekend staying at this riad. The riad is beautiful and peaceful - an oasis of calm from the hubbub of the souk. Francois and his staff could not have been more helpful - particularly as we were late for everything as we hadn't adjusted our watches to the local time.
We would recommend having the evening meal - delicious Moroccan food made by locals.
We would stay here again. Even our teenage daughters said they would come back - praise indeed!

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2011

A friend and I stayed 2 nights at Riad Andalouse, and we were ready to move in afterwards - we didn't want to go home! The decor is stunning and the staff are very friendly. The owner was extremely helpful in his advice on Marrakech and took the time to help us in any way he could, without being overbearing. There was a very relaxing atmosphere, and the food was delicious - probably the best we had during our week-long trip. We walked from the riad to the main sights - about 15-20 minutes away. Safe location, and in a residential area. The only thing I suppose that some people might not like is that there was just a (pretty) net curtain instead of a bathroom door, separating the en suite from the bedroom - so it perhaps wouldn't do if you were sharing with someone you didn't know that well! My friend and I just laughed it off and got on with it. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2011

A beautifully decorated riad away from the hustle and bustle of the main square with a roof terrace perfect for relaxing after shopping in the souks. Our host was extremely helpful and sat down with us each morning to help plan our day and his staff were all lovely. The food is amazing - I would highly recommend staying in for dinner, we did for 3 of our 5 evenings there and it was the best food we had.

It is a bit of a walk from the main attractions but it is worth it for the peace and quiet and I found passing through a less touristy area each day really interesting. Taxis are also readily available if required.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We booked it for four nights as a birthday present for my father-in-law.
We had a wonderful time, the owner was very charming and helpful, a true open book to the many secrets of the city and its culture. Always on hand for advise, questions, help and any needs.
The place itself is beautiful, very well kept and the staff is very helpful.
The rooms are big, with gorgeous linens, robes, etc. We also had dinner at the Riad once, and the meal was delicious.
Overall we had a wonderful time. The only (slight) drawback is that it is a bit of a walk from the main areas of interest. It is also next to a Mosque which means you can't avoid waking up for the early morning prayer calls! It feels very exotic the first night, but after a while it can be bothering. I guess this happens anywhere in the Medina!!!
Highly recommended!