“Excellent value with friendly staff”

Novotel Suites Marrakech
Ranked #202 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Excellent value with friendly staff”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Suite Novotel provides an excellent value for money, the rooms are spacious and clean and location is privileged, just a 15 min walk to Medina. Lots of nice restaurants nearby in the bohemian district of Hivernage although they can be a bit pricey. The best thing about this hotel is its staff. They were very friendly and accommodating and a special thanks to Ahmed who provided excellent customer service and made our stay really special!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexliccardo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We checked in here on our last night in marrakech after spending three nights in a lovely riad in the centre of the medina. Customer service here was terrible with long delays at reception. We found a cockroach in our room and reported it straight away. We were told we must have left our window open and offered no apology. Terrible service, would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah S
Alaa S, Directeur général at Novotel Suites Marrakech, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest

We first apologize for the incovinience concening the delay at the reception,

We can assure you that there is no insects in our rooms, we have high standards of hygiene, security ans cleanness, that's why you have been told that you might have left your door open,please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Suite Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I stay at your disposal for any further informations.

Alaa SQUALLI

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nice and silent room but a cheap or old mattress. Airconditioning on full power all the time, not much effect. And it was 'only' around 30 Celcius during the day. Bathroom with separate bath and shower. Some rooms have real balconies, but most of them to tiny to even sit on a chair. WiFi is free but sometimes slow or not working. Small fridge and a microwave. No hotel/city information in the room.

There is no restaurant in the hotel, in the morning they have a very VERY small variation of a buffet. Bad (instant)coffee, eggs/fruit if your lucky, juice with loads of sugar. Dry and tough croissants/rolls. I would not pre-book breakfast again, you'd better go out and get a nice lunch somewhere.

Service at reception is unlike Novotel, more as if you are in a massive tourist hotel, had to ask for everything. (Breakfast times/internet access/hotel amenities etc.)

Nice pool and a small pool bar, only drinks no food.

Avoid Extrablatt 'restaurant' around the corner, unless you like junkfood and a lot of noise.

All in all I think I may choose this hotel again, mainly for it's location and the spacious rooms. Hopefully the management will read and take action on the critics.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool-side, with a REAL balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I enjoyed staying at this hotel-- good location, not too far to visit the centre of the old city on foot.Free parking. The rooms are good size and was clean- but we had to ask for towels and soap, denoting a certain level of carelessness.Breakfast is poor, but considering that it is for free, it is okay...But I had a bad experience-- when having drinks around the pool, I was brought a complimentary bowl of chips. Just that within the chips I found an used chewing gun, still soft... That tells me that they recycle leftover food- the lady in the bar disagreed and told me that it came inside the bag of crisps...I asked to talk to the hotel manager- I do not think he was interested so he did not show up.On check out I was told that it was decided not to charge me for the drinks. Anyway, I took pictures, and I will take the matter forward...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Jorge R
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Spacious, modern, clean family rooms. Good breakfast in pleasant lobby. 15 minute walk into the centre of Marrakech. Parking the usual Moroccan lottery with the on-street 'guards' - pay them generously and all will be well.

• Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Not rolling in cash? Want somewhere cheap, clean, well run and perfectly located? Then the Novotel is perfect for you. Two (or even three) can share a £50 a night room with mini kitchen, bath, TV, phone, air conditioning and, best of all, great broadband (it used to be weak on the signal front). Very helpful Security (baggage). A short walk to the Mai Thai or Es Saadi or Sofitel. Taxis and horse drawn carriages on the doorstep. Five minutes stroll brings you to the Mamounia and ten to Djema El Fna. Pool is a bit small; that's the only negative.

Room Tip: Almost perfect for what it is.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JonathanKingOfHits
Alaa S, Directeur général at Novotel Suites Marrakech, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I would like on behalf of my team thank you for your testimony regarding your stay at the Suite Novotel Marrakech, I am very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. Hope to see you soon in our hotel
Alaa SQUALLI
Paris, France
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed almost a full week at the Suite Novotel in Marrakech as a vacation. It is ideally situated withing walking distance from both the traditional, and modern areas of Marrakech. If walking isn't your thing you are right on the tour bus line, and there are always several caps outside the hotel.

I gotta put this in there for all the runners out there that want to come to Marrakech but don't want to interrupt your training. You are also perfectly located for as long a run as you can imagine, the city is very runner-friendly. But if desert running isn't your thing the Novotel has a fitness center equipped with a treadmill.

Breakfast is standard and plentiful. A little local flair to it, but you can still get a good bowl of corn flakes and hot coffee.

The only critique I have to make is that the rooms are never cold enough. The air conditioners just don't do it for me, and I usually like to sleep warmer than most. This is why I have only indicated an "average" score for sleep quality. Since we weren't in our hotel much it wasn't that big of a deal, but they really need to get better AC for such a hot place as Marrakesh.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple