1,511 results
All reviewsaccor hotelsgood sizehotel is in a great locationtourist busnice poolbuffet breakfastmin walksmall balconyrooms are largeold citythe main squareatlas mountainsmicrowavetaxicarrefourdriversouk
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Been in this hotel for 3 nights for Business. Marrakech is the type of town where you either get the really good 5 star hotels or nothing really. The hotel is not a 4 star Novotel in European terms. The hotel is very dark and simple. From inside and out you can tell it needs a refurbishment. Rooms are ok but furniture and paint need attention. Generally the whole room doesn't make you feel welcome... Breakfast is awful with only continental on selection, no cooked breakfast. Internet works only if you are in the central rooms of any floor. Its ok if you switch your expectations to a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room in the middle of the floor and not in the end of the corridor to get a good internet signal
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tibor F
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with 2 female friends. Unfortunately we were mugged on our second night, the hotel staff could not do enough for us! They were helpful in translating, taking us to police station several times, getting medication from chemist, letting us upgrade to sister hotels spa services for daytime use, nothing was too much trouble. Hotel was spacious, clean, breakfast had lots of choice. Staff clean and polite. All extra help given to us was free of charge. I cannot wait to return with my husband as it is a beautiful country and hotel. I will not be put off by 2 scallywags!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Unfortunately on arrival at the hotel the member of staff on the desk when we arrived advised that we had not paid for our room - we had a confirmation from the hotel saying we had paid for both the room and the local taxes prior to arrival which I showed him, he dismissed this and said we still owed the money, he agreed to check 'the system' and come back to us.

In the meantime I checked my card which had been charged fully.

On the day we checked out we presumed this had been checked and that our check out would be no problem, the same member of staff advised that we still owed money for the room and local taxes, after much debate I asked to see the Manager to which he said I could not.

In the end he said okay you can just pay the tax, I explained around 3 times that it was already clearly stated on my confirmation that we had paid this in full.

The member of staff was extremely rude and refused to even speak to me directly or let me see the Manager - even though we had an email confirmation from Novotel saying there was zero to pay and that we had paid the room charge and the local tax we still had to pay again.

This is disgraceful and not what I would expect from a chain hotel, I have never been spoken to and lied to by any reception staff and it ruined a very nice holiday. Not only that but we left feeling conned and out of pocket - having to pay for a hotel twice is totally unacceptable!

I would never recommend this hotel or Novotel to anyone after this incident.

On top of this we had to ask reception every time we wanted to access our room as the key cards never work and had to be re-programmed every time we wanted to go in our room which was really inconvenient, some times it took 2 or 3 attempts at going up and down in the lift and back to reception just to get them to work.

A really disappointing stay, never ever again.

Feel totally conned and stolen from, if it had been England I would of reported this to the police

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else not worth the stress
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Was a bit apprehensive before going due to having read reviews of lots of Marrakech hotels being lovely but staff being rude or ignorant and service poor, but I am happy to say staff at Suite novotel were great, very friendly, great service, patient and very helpful. buffet breakfast was good, nice eating round the pool in the morning, Gym was free but a bit sparse, 3 or 4 cardio machines, no good for a good hard gym session,so didnt use it much. Ineternet wifi great and tv ok. Overall good stay in clean good value hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Nazroy
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had been to other Suite Novotels before.
My experience was good.
Here it's quite the contrary.
Let's state the pro's: Location, room sizes and prices
Negatives made me give this place a lousy quote as the personnel was clearly overwhelmed by the amount of customers or simply had no experience running a hotel.
No linen in the rooms , bad Wi-Fi, long waiting queus at the reception, questions were not answered , etc..

Room Tip: all rooms are the same Ask a front view; the back side view is on other buildings
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends