Riad Zayane
Travelocity
$670
$638
Cancelon
All reviewsserenity packagethe hustle and bustleroof terracemint teamule ridetranquil spacebritish airwaysfor making our stay so specialan oasisbreakfast and evening mealshort walkwonderful breakmajorelle gardensbab doukkalaon arrivalwalked everywhereold city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just back from a four night stay at the Riad Zayane in Marrakech. Had a really lovely time there and would thoroughly recommend it. It was a lovely escape from the madness of the souks every day! Everything we needed was there and all the staff were very friendly and accommodating. It is very nicely decorated and very comfortable. Even things like the shower gel and shampoo were lovely. I had to buy the verbena Les Sens de Marrakech shower gel in the airport on the way home because I loved it so much! Breakfast was very nice and so was the dinner we had on the second night...Marrakesh Chicken...mmmm :) I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Marrakesh. Thanks to all the team there!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My girlfriend & I stayed at the Riad Zayane for 3 nights. We had a very comfortable stay in this chic haven from the hustle & bustle of Marrakesh. The food was excellent, the staff welcoming & helpful and the room comfortable enough for the time spent there.

We arrived late from the UK due to snow but as we had contacted them before hand to arrange an airport transfer and an evening meal, we just let them know there were likely to be delays so they still provided a full 3 course meal when we arrived an hour and a half after their published kitchen finish time. Excellent customer service!

I also needed to change money and this was done immediately and at a good rate, something I thought may be an issue in such a small place. Not a bit of it though...helpful to the last.

There are no in room kettles but the staff always seem on hand to get you a drink. The hot chocolate is excellent!

Sadly, Marrakesh was not for us...just too intense with taxi drivers not knowing where anything was, constant hassle from people in the streets to guide us (even when we knew exactly where going) or sell us over priced tat and not taking no for an answer and the constant evasion of those stupid moped riders down every road, street, lane & footpath. However, Riad Zayane and its' excellent staff could not be faulted...thanks!

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms to choose from. We stayed in the African room which was suitable for our needs and done to a good standard with air con etc. We did have a peak in two of the other rooms when they were vacant and the facilities seem identical, albeit different sizes & shapes. One room on ground floor off courtyard (where meals are served) and other 4 are on first around the courtyard landing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very pleasantly surprised. a very safe bet for a successful hotel and not too far from all the action. might benefit from finding out how to get to the hotel before leaving the airport. great atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at this Riad over Christmas 2012 and had a great time.
We stayed in the Oasis room and the upgrade was worth every penny,
Everthing was very clean and the staff were first class, very helpful and friendly.
The Riad is about a 15 minute from main restaurant areas but this was compensated by the peace and quiet of the location,
It's located just off an authentic Morrocan Street market but the noise of this disappeared as you entered the Riad.
We took two taxi tours with an excellent driver, safe, friendly but not in your face all tha time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnandSandie
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was the best stay I've ever had. Thanks to all the staff, you were magnificent. I would advise everyone to book the transfer from the airport directly with the hotel, I'm a good map reader but there is no way I would have ever found this hotel on my own.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple