“Great Riad”
Review of Riad Zayane

Riad Zayane
Ranked #207 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at this Riad over Christmas 2012 and had a great time.
We stayed in the Oasis room and the upgrade was worth every penny,
Everthing was very clean and the staff were first class, very helpful and friendly.
The Riad is about a 15 minute from main restaurant areas but this was compensated by the peace and quiet of the location,
It's located just off an authentic Morrocan Street market but the noise of this disappeared as you entered the Riad.
We took two taxi tours with an excellent driver, safe, friendly but not in your face all tha time.

1  Thank johnandSandie

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was the best stay I've ever had. Thanks to all the staff, you were magnificent. I would advise everyone to book the transfer from the airport directly with the hotel, I'm a good map reader but there is no way I would have ever found this hotel on my own.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AcoLondon
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just came back from a week in Marrakech and our stay in Zayane was fantastic. One of the things I liked best were that the breakfast was so good and felt very healthy. Thanks a lot to all of you working in Zayane!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

just had fabulous christmas week in riad zayane location is good food rooms and service are excellent nothing is too much trouble for jaouad and the two girls bahija is a fabulous cook and all meals were excellent and i intend to return in 2013 anyone who gives this riad a poor rating is either a fool or a rival
dave collins wigan england

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank davecWigan
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great little place within the walls of the City. It is a bit hard to find, so book a meet and greet and not like us by getting a cab at the airport, as most of them don’t know where it is.

Food is great; rooms are in keeping with the ambience of the place. Clean, smart, safe and comfortable.

Breakfasts are healthy and appropiate for the for the Moroccan heat that awaits you.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I would recommend the Riad to any couple going to Morocco who want both a fast-paced trip and also some relaxation time. Just a short walk from Old and New town, its the perfect base to explore from. The breakfasts were lovely and varied every morning and the dinners were delectable (you must order them 24 hours in advance as they cook them just for you!). Sometimes they waited on me and my boyfriend and there was no one else around, we felt like royalty! They arranged a taxi from the airport and back after I emailed them a few days before which made it easier to find the place (you have to walk down a couple of streets to get there where cars cant drive down). They also arranged a day trip to the Atlas Mountains where we saw all the sights, had a lovely lunch and also climbed one of the snowy mountains to see the waterfalls (...learn from my mistake and wear appropriate footwear for this, I did the whole thing in a pair of ballet pumps and it was a struggle!)
Overall, one of the best holidays I've ever had and such a beautiful hotel. I couldnt fault it!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My boyfriend & I have just returned from 2 weeks in Morocco. We spent the first half of our holiday on a busy tour of the country so when we arrived at Riad Zayane for the last 5 nights of our holiday, the serene enviornment was exactly what we needed. When you first arrive, the streets outside can feel a little daunting but we never had any trouble & found it all added to the experience. The riad itself is so pretty when you first walk in, I was really impressed by the layout & decor, I loved coming back to it each day. The staff cannot do enough to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, I found them to be extremely helpful & courteous. The breakfasts are really good & slightly varied each day, which is nice. We had 1 meal (on our 1st night) & despite being quite expensive it was well worth it & probably one of the best meals we experienced whilst in Morocco. We stayed in the Zayane room, this is the cheapest room. I had read other reviews saying how small it is so I was a bit concerned. I needn't have worried though, it was perfect for what we needed & for the price it was very good value. The terrace is amazing, we utilised it on a few occasions after breakfast & after a busy day out & about. The riad provides free wifi but it only works upstairs, the higher up you go the better apparantly! :) Overall I would definitely recommend this little oasis to anyone & I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple